Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Fate Of All Things (Recruitment Status = 9/8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm
SporkMaster5000
15 15 14 12 8 12 11

So 24 points and a very mediocre spread. Thanks, statistics. I guess i should just be greatful i broke the +1 bonus. Jack's rolls were even less impressive while technically not being too far from point buy

26. Remember, it's five 10's and an 8.

That said, those two 15's can easily be two 17's, or two 18's with the level 4 bonus. Nothing to scoff at.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=328207  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm
SporkMaster5000
Could I possibly sell you on a changeling Rain? I'd like to play a lower level version of my changeling warlord from arc's ill-fated planar game if I can. the gist was going to be social skills to the max + imposter's armor + change shape = good times.

if not, i'm still interested, i'll just have to figure out what other character idea in my stockpile of unused ideas i want to give a spin.

I'm going to have to decline on the changeling. My primary argument against it will be "it's not going to be that kind of game". What specifically is not going to be, you may ask?

That's for me to know and you to find out!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:48 pm
Rain Yupa
joe-dude667
Not sure what I want to play, but I'll put my name into this if I'm allowed?

Rolling stats to see if that gives me any incentives of what I should play.

Welcome back, Joe. However, I'm going to have to make this bittersweet and play the villain here. I'm not forbidding you from playing this game, but I would like you to tell me why I should consider you as one of the players in it. You did kind of leave a lot of us hanging, both as a player and as a DM.

I don't want players to sign up, taking up slots, only to disappear on me before the first chapter is over. Yours and Ryan's disappearing acts have caused me to be extremely cautious about letting either of you into anything but the most casual games. I need you to convince me that this won't happen before I even look at your character sheet.

That's perfectly understandable. Truth be told I was just expecting a full blown no (which you're more than welcome to bring out at any game you run), but since you're going to let me try and convince you... Here it goes.

*Intake of breath.*

A hem.

First of all you should all know how sorry I am about leaving you guys hanging like that. I spent so much time on this guild that there were certain members I really felt I'd gotten to know and become friends with, despite having never met and only really ever spoken to each other in character. >.< Though before I dropped out, I was a pretty frequent poster. I at LEAST checked everyday. My overall posts alone should show that! =P My leaving was a slow gradual thing, where I'd post less and less before I just gave up posting altogether. But I miss this guild and want to get back to being a worthwhile member.

The reason I left was because of Uni work, which to say "I couldn't handle" would be a massive understatement. Though I'm done with uni now, so that won't be an issue anymore. As I say, I won't be insulted in the slightest if you say no. Just making a character has been a fun reminiscent experience in itself. There's probably more I can say, but 1: my minds gone blank and 2: this post is long enough already!  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 pm
joe-dude667
Rain Yupa
joe-dude667
Not sure what I want to play, but I'll put my name into this if I'm allowed?

Rolling stats to see if that gives me any incentives of what I should play.

Welcome back, Joe. However, I'm going to have to make this bittersweet and play the villain here. I'm not forbidding you from playing this game, but I would like you to tell me why I should consider you as one of the players in it. You did kind of leave a lot of us hanging, both as a player and as a DM.

I don't want players to sign up, taking up slots, only to disappear on me before the first chapter is over. Yours and Ryan's disappearing acts have caused me to be extremely cautious about letting either of you into anything but the most casual games. I need you to convince me that this won't happen before I even look at your character sheet.

That's perfectly understandable. Truth be told I was just expecting a full blown no (which you're more than welcome to bring out at any game you run), but since you're going to let me try and convince you... Here it goes.

*Intake of breath.*

A hem.

First of all you should all know how sorry I am about leaving you guys hanging like that. I spent so much time on this guild that there were certain members I really felt I'd gotten to know and become friends with, despite having never met and only really ever spoken to each other in character. >.< Though before I dropped out, I was a pretty frequent poster. I at LEAST checked everyday. My overall posts alone should show that! =P My leaving was a slow gradual thing, where I'd post less and less before I just gave up posting altogether. But I miss this guild and want to get back to being a worthwhile member.

The reason I left was because of Uni work, which to say "I couldn't handle" would be a massive understatement. Though I'm done with uni now, so that won't be an issue anymore. As I say, I won't be insulted in the slightest if you say no. Just making a character has been a fun reminiscent experience in itself. There's probably more I can say, but 1: my minds gone blank and 2: this post is long enough already!

That's probably the safest assurance you can offer, I suppose. Congratulations on finishing it.

Technically, you are still one of my Merc Work players, in terms of priority. Also, a few newer players are trying to organize for a mission, if Sun wants to tag along. Post in the Cyandell Mercenary Guild thread if you want a part of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:14 pm
Virulent Lover
Second 4d6 x2

5, 2, 1, 2 = 9

5, 6, 2, 2 = 13

Such dreadfully mediocre stats. Actually, rereading Rain's method, after dropping the 9 it's 19pt buy, so a 12 gets bumped to 16. That's not so bad then.

I try something new each time to see what I like. I'm actually kind of happy with this method. Joe's horrendously overpowered stats aside, anyways...

And as for theme, the sheets turned in so far (I won't get a chance to look at anything til tomorrow, at least) are a Paladin and Fighter.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm
Rain Yupa

I try something new each time to see what I like. I'm actually kind of happy with this method. Joe's horrendously overpowered stats aside, anyways...

And as for theme, the sheets turned in so far (I won't get a chance to look at anything til tomorrow, at least) are a Paladin and Fighter.

I think I'm leaning towards a ranger that's a zealot of Raven Queen or some other, arbitrary god/dess.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
Could I possibly sell you on a changeling Rain? I'd like to play a lower level version of my changeling warlord from arc's ill-fated planar game if I can. the gist was going to be social skills to the max + imposter's armor + change shape = good times.

if not, i'm still interested, i'll just have to figure out what other character idea in my stockpile of unused ideas i want to give a spin.

I'm going to have to decline on the changeling. My primary argument against it will be "it's not going to be that kind of game". What specifically is not going to be, you may ask?

That's for me to know and you to find out!
that reason's a little less than satisfying, but fair enough.

well, I was strongly considering bringing Simann back since she was super fun to play, and now she'd even be part of another dual fighter unstoppable combo, but I'm dubious about a three-defender party. even if it would be two polearm fighters...

we'll see how the rest of the party shapes up, but if a third defender seems impractical i'm either gonna play a beastmaster archer or a feylock.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:28 am
A glaive fighter is more like a dps 2-handed fighter than a polearm fighter.. >> For most builds at least.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 am
Virulent Lover
A glaive fighter is more like a dps 2-handed fighter than a polearm fighter.. >> For most builds at least.
that really depends. my plan was to give the old dragonborn a glaive instead of the halberd she had in coliseum. I had been planning on switching out back then anyway, once i could get heavy blade opportunity and polearm gamble together  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 am
*Sniff... sniff... *

I smell something...

*Sniff*

I knew it! I smell begging... but who here would ne-...

JOE! You said you wouldn't beg! YOU LIED TO ME! I am so hurt by this... Rain-like level of traitor and evil. Boo!

But man, the begging I'd have to do to play... xD... I was gone longer than you were. Not that I could (no more ready access to 4e books; plus I'm in a game).

Yeah, so pretty much this post was pointless. Bite me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 pm
@Rain:
That sounds like good timing then! mrgreen I did actually really enjoy playing as Sun. Just a shame that bloody Chess puzzle took me like 2 months to solve. >.<

In that case count me out of this game. It's only fair. If no-one fills my slot I'll be happy to take it, but you don't have to bother holding it for me.

@Spork:
Simann was such a good character. I swear the best characters this guild have ever produced were ALL in the Coliseum. Simann, Kavaki, Riswynn and Vylal were all awesome team captains. I think I just loved the RPing in between fights.

@Reeve/Ragnar:
I know, I'm a filthy b*****d. twisted Though to get in the game I had to beg. T'was out of my hands I'm afraid.  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:14 pm
joe-dude667
@Spork:
Simann was such a good character. I swear the best characters this guild have ever produced were ALL in the Coliseum. Simann, Kavaki, Riswynn and Vylal were all awesome team captains. I think I just loved the RPing in between fights
whether I use her here or not, whenever coliseum 2 happens she's definitely going to be returning to defend her title. I've played a bunch of fighters, but she was by far the most fun to play as, both in and out of the fights.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm
joe-dude667
In that case count me out of this game. It's only fair. If no-one fills my slot I'll be happy to take it, but you don't have to bother holding it for me.

You... did see the end of my first post, right? About which players get priority in this game?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1 rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 1 Total: 13 (3-18)

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:28 pm
COMPENSATION!

To finish third roll I messed up on. xp  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items