Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Monstrous Gladiators [My CR > Your CR!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 pm
I know I haven't vocalized any thing up to this point but I have been lurking for a bit now. I am a die hard 3.5 guy but this has interested me enough that I am actually getting the pathfinder books. Expect me to want in. (tho I am still trying to understand pathfinder/4e)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm
I'm still following as your Co Cap Intent. So tell me when you've got everything down and done.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:39 pm
Norin Brightblade
I know I haven't vocalized any thing up to this point but I have been lurking for a bit now. I am a die hard 3.5 guy but this has interested me enough that I am actually getting the pathfinder books. Expect me to want in. (tho I am still trying to understand pathfinder/4e)

If you're familiar with 3.5 then getting into Pathfinder won't be a problem. They are very similar.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:41 pm
Vampfighter1
I'm still following as your Co Cap Intent. So tell me when you've got everything down and done.

Won't be too much longer now. I'm going over all the notes and suggestions and trying to finalize a system.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm
Captain Ragnar Devonin
Sounds good. biggrin Can't wait to see how this turns out, especially since I'm not the one doing the work! smile

Well, it's still gonna be a lot of work whether you're running the game or just playing XD

Character sheets for your main character, minions and then whatever monsters you have? That's gonna be a LOT of sheets, lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:40 pm
iLL iNTENT
Norin Brightblade

If you're familiar with 3.5 then getting into Pathfinder won't be a problem. They are very similar.

good to hear ^^

I can not wait!  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:39 pm
Norin Brightblade
iLL iNTENT
Norin Brightblade

good to hear ^^

I can not wait!

In the meantime, you could check out the Pathfinder SRD, take a look around and familiarize yourself with some of the new material, and see if you're interested.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Omg! Intent, the person I was talking to you about. An escaped gladiator.. a goblin perhaps?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 pm
Vampfighter1
Omg! Intent, the person I was talking to you about. An escaped gladiator.. a goblin perhaps?

Hmm, I dunno. Personally, if I escaped from somewhere like that I'd want to put as much distance between myself and the arena as possible, lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 pm
iLL iNTENT

In the meantime, you could check out the Pathfinder SRD, take a look around and familiarize yourself with some of the new material, and see if you're interested.

My biggest question is did how CR is rated change any? is it still a CR 4 monster would be a challenge for 4 lv 4 PCs? oh how does that go? I figure that is one easier asked than figured out.  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:13 pm
Norin Brightblade
iLL iNTENT

My biggest question is did how CR is rated change any? is it still a CR 4 monster would be a challenge for 4 lv 4 PCs? oh how does that go? I figure that is one easier asked than figured out.

Yes, the CR system is still the same as 3.5  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 pm
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1

Hmm, I dunno. Personally, if I escaped from somewhere like that I'd want to put as much distance between myself and the arena as possible, lol

True true. Then again, goblins are not renowned for their brains. They're known for bloodthirsty cowardice, crime, and as much gluttony their little bodies can carry.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm
Vampfighter1
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1

True true. Then again, goblins are not renowned for their brains. They're known for bloodthirsty cowardice, crime, and as much gluttony their little bodies can carry.

True, then that brings up another point, I don't think he could go that long without getting caught, lol

I just think a standard humanoid would be better suited to that role.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:26 pm
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1

True, then that brings up another point, I don't think he could go that long without getting caught, lol

Perhaps a drow? Or a young dragon maybe?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 pm
Vampfighter1
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1
iLL iNTENT
Vampfighter1

Perhaps a drow? Or a young dragon maybe?

What I mean is I don't think any kind of monstrous humanoid could go for that long hiding out in this big city and not get caught, especially one trying to run a shady business. Shady business attracts shady people, and what's to keep someone from just reporting him to the arena for some sort of reward. I just don't see a non-humanoid pulling it off.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff