Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a 4E game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am
Argh....I really shouldn't join more games when I'm already so bad at keeping up...but the call of a new char, especially with an emphasis on rp/skills..again, argh bargh.

Although most of my experience comes from 3.5 (I played a rl campaign for over a year), I actually like 4e quite a lot. I've read through nearly all the books, and most of the campaigns I've joined on here are 4e. I've got a pretty good grasp on the rules, although I can occasionally get mixed up when it comes to class-specific stuff.

As for character concepts, I have a few old concepts lying around, along with ones more inclined to round out the party, based on what everyone else has suggested.

I've got a halfling storm sorcerer, he's somewhat pranky and very flamboyant and energetic about everything. He's the annoying person that everyone wants to tell to shut up, but the fact that he's loyal and always has his allies' backs allows most to at least tolerate him.

Githrezai avenger, very serious and goal-focused. She's the one who keeps people focused, and has no qualms about using force.

Newer idea, human psion. Ditzy yet not stupid, per se, she's bubbly and friendly, but doesn't bat an eye about harming/killing people. Literally. She'll carry on a cheerful conversation with someone while ripping an enemies' mind apart.

Other newer idea, Minotaur shaman. Big, bulky, but very in touch with the spirits, and very focused on protecting others. Very stubborn, he'd probably ignore orders in order to do what he things is most helpful, even if it puts him in danger over something small.

So, yah, if it's not too full already lol. If there's too many, seriously, drop me out first, you don't want me in your game. Just ask Rain or Arc XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 am
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

Yes, but what of defenses?

How do they do that?

AND WHAT OF MUFFINS?!

Strikers that take a path to do more striker damage; awesome.

Strikers that take a path to be... Controllery?! eek

It can work. But it would be difficult to do.

Alright, so Reflex Defense won't be earth-shattering, but it'll only cost you a few points to make Will reasonable, and Fort will be good regardless.

Though, Striker Palies are tasty. Tasty like Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins.

I'd say you have an interesting choice before you.

Yes I do! blaugh

My two favorite builds and insanely difficult to pull off.

Dragons are just awesome, as are paladins, and doing damage is hard.

Exactly right up my alley! blaugh  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:56 pm
Since it appears that some of you are waiting for more concrete information before committing to a build, allow me to lay out a bit of an informal timeline.

By tonight: I hope to have the general layout of the adventure completed, so that I can start working on technicalities such as challenges and encounters.

By mid-week: I should have enough information about the local setting for you to commit. I'm basing this adventure in a personal homebrew setting which was originally designed for Pathfinder, so some things have to be switched around. But, I can tell you the following:

exclaim The working title is A Noble Pursuit. I suspect some of the more learned players will probably be able to deduce the nature of the adventure from this alone. But, don't give it away, eh?

exclaim The setting has a High Medieval/Pre-Renaissance feel to it. There are no guns, but attitudes about monarchy and nobility are beginning to shift.

exclaim The adventure will feature more than one urban environment. So, Streetwise, Streetwise, Streetwise! Or Intimidate, if thats your thing.

exclaim As per normal for my campaigns, the setting features a lot of morally grey situations. As a result, treat your alignment as more of a guideline. wink

By week's end: I'll be ready to finish selecting my PCs, and I'll be enquiring as to how I can come by one of them thar subforum jiggers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:04 pm
KytanaTheThief
Newer idea, human psion. Ditzy yet not stupid, per se, she's bubbly and friendly, but doesn't bat an eye about harming/killing people. Literally. She'll carry on a cheerful conversation with someone while ripping an enemies' mind apart.

So, yah, if it's not too full already lol. If there's too many, seriously, drop me out first, you don't want me in your game. Just ask Rain or Arc XD

You have initiative in Brave New World mad

Also, I quoted the one I like most. Mainly because my Eladrin Rogue is all statted out already, and he's a bit on the *cough*homicidal*cough* side.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:12 pm
Sardonic Smite
By week's end: I'll be ready to finish selecting my PCs, and I'll be enquiring as to how I can come by one of them thar subforum jiggers.

That's actually my doing. Let me know when you're ready, and I'll set aside a subforum for you smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Sardonic Smite
Since it appears that some of you are waiting for more concrete information before committing to a build

I'd say we're waiting on details about how you wanna do gear or ability scores  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:15 pm
Rain Yupa

You have initiative in Brave New World mad

Also, I quoted the one I like most. Mainly because my Eladrin Rogue is all statted out already, and he's a bit on the *cough*homicidal*cough* side.

Well, that's extremely recent then, seeing as I checked last night.

Lmao, I really like her personality idea, but I started working on the char sheet for the shaman first...and can i just say, shamans are freaking badass. XD

I'll wait to see how each one looks once I've gotten them all to level 5.

Also, Sardonic, this is exactly what I was talking about. Rain has to poke me in someone else's recruiting thread to get me to post. Kick me out while you can XD

And last, like Arc said, some gear/ability statements would be appreciated  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:10 pm
Arc Vembris
Sardonic Smite
Since it appears that some of you are waiting for more concrete information before committing to a build

I'd say we're waiting on details about how you wanna do gear or ability scores

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 pm
KytanaTheThief

Also, Sardonic, this is exactly what I was talking about. Rain has to poke me in someone else's recruiting thread to get me to post. Kick me out while you can

As far as prompting people to post, I'll say this. Because its a PBP game, and life often throws other, more pressing, concerns in our way, I tend to be fairly lenient about time between posts. Generally, a 48 hour window between posts is what I try shoot for. Though if the other members of the group feel this time period needs to be lengthened, thats certainly open to discussion.

However, I do not make a habit of tracking people down to remind them to post. I have prepared the adventure, now you must interact within it. That is the unspoken agreement. If you think you will have difficulty keeping to the terms, then, regretfully, your character will probably be spending a fair amount of time in "Total Defense Mode".

My apologies for sounding so authoritarian about it, but thats my policy.

As far as character generation goes, here are the tentative details:

Starting Level: 5th
Ability Generation: Point-buy
Setting: Custom
Sources: As per the DDI Character Builder*
Starting Gold: 840
Magic Items: One level 6, one level 5, one level <5. Additionally, magic consumables costing less than 100gp may be purchased as mundane gear.
Backgrounds: Yes, but run it by me.
Themes: No.

*With the following Exceptions: Genasi, Warforged, Dragonmarks, and Spellscars. Any content pertaining to the above is prohibited.

Party Note: This adventure does not require that your characters have worked together, or even know each other. The nature of any pre-adventure relations is up to the players to decide.

Furthermore, I shall add this information to the first post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm
Sardonic Smite
KytanaTheThief

Also, Sardonic, this is exactly what I was talking about. Rain has to poke me in someone else's recruiting thread to get me to post. Kick me out while you can

As far as prompting people to post, I'll say this. Because its a PBP game, and life often throws other, more pressing, concerns in our way, I tend to be fairly lenient about time between posts. Generally, a 48 hour window between posts is what I try shoot for. Though if the other members of the group feel this time period needs to be lengthened, thats certainly open to discussion.

However, I do not make a habit of tracking people down to remind them to post. I have prepared the adventure, now you must interact within it. That is the unspoken agreement. If you think you will have difficulty keeping to the terms, then, regretfully, your character will probably be spending a fair amount of time in "Total Defense Mode".

My apologies for sounding so authoritarian about it, but thats my policy.

As far as character generation goes, here are the tentative details:

Starting Level: 5th
Ability Generation: Point-buy
Setting: Custom
Sources: As per the DDI Character Builder*
Starting Gold: 840
Magic Items: One level 6, one level 5, one level <5. Additionally, magic consumables costing less than 100gp may be purchased as mundane gear.
Backgrounds: Yes, but run it by me.
Themes: No.

*With the following Exceptions: Genasi, Warforged, Dragonmarks, and Spellscars. Any content pertaining to the above is prohibited.

Party Note: This adventure does not require that your characters have worked together, or even know each other. The nature of any pre-adventure relations is up to the players to decide.

Furthermore, I shall add this information to the first post.

Wait, no themes, or no specific themes?

As far as everything else goes it's just about perfect! blaugh  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 pm
No themes that grant abilities are alternative powers. Think of it that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 pm
Sardonic Smite
No themes that grant abilities are alternative powers. Think of it that way.

Uh... kay. xp

So, if I was say, an evil Paladin, modeled off of the Lich King, that's perfectly fine, but as far as like, idk... can you give an example! blaugh

But uh, I'd post my charachter sheet but sense I'm going Striker paladin I suppose I need to wait to see if I should go more defendery or strikery.

But except for these minute details (kind of major but!) my character is done! blaugh  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm
I'm not sure what you're asking for, really. All I'm looking for from you is a character concept: A little descriptive text about who your character is, and what they want.

Though, I'd suggest against playing evil characters, as it'll make certain aspects of the adventure needlessly difficult. But, hey, your funeral. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm
Sardonic Smite
Though, I'd suggest against playing evil characters,

Whoops.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm
Sardonic Smite
I'm not sure what you're asking for, really. All I'm looking for from you is a character concept: A little descriptive text about who your character is, and what they want.

Though, I'd suggest against playing evil characters, as it'll make certain aspects of the adventure needlessly difficult. But, hey, your funeral. razz

Right.

So if I was good, would that be a better thing; like, if I play an evil character, I'm probs going to be evil like bat-man, in a sense, except a little bit more evil.

I'm not into the psychopathic types myself to be honest.

It's difficult for me to play an evil character; I suppose I'd be more dark than evil, per say.

Like, I wouldn't kill babies.

But I wouldn't have any trouble sending one of my enemies into the fiery abyss to burn for all eternity.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff