Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Modern Heroes [Game starting in Subforum!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:44 pm
Would it be possible to play a half-elf? and her elf-parent (hidden as human) goes missing due to her awakening?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Can I swap skills?

Not sure exactly what you mean....Could you please be more specific?

Vampfighter1
Would it be possible to play a half-elf? and her elf-parent (hidden as human) goes missing due to her awakening?

Not exactly what I had in mind, as I was going for "this is a normal world--or at least, it used to be" kind of thing....but that sounds interesting. I think I'll allow it.  

Dallas Moonrain

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 pm
Vampfighter1
Thank you!

You're welcome. I will expect a decent back story, however. biggrin  

Dallas Moonrain

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm
It'll include a ton. Including the fact that she thought her mom was a crazy hippy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis
Can I swap skills?

like switch Climb for craft or ride for tumble... the idea I have calls for Linguistics as a skill, but few magical non armored classes have it. So I was wondering if I could swap it for Craft or something  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis
Can I swap skills?

like switch Climb for craft or ride for tumble... the idea I have calls for Linguistics as a skill, but few magical non armored classes have it. So I was wondering if I could swap it for Craft or something

Bear in mind, in Pathfinder, the difference between a class skill and a non-class skill is the +3 bonus that you get when you put your first rank into a class skill. A 10th level character can have 10 ranks no matter whether it's a class skill or cross-class. He'll just have a total bonus that's 3 less, though Skill Focus rectifies that if needed. It's not nearly so prohibitive to want cross-class skills.

So, if languages is your primary focus, it shouldn't be an issue at all. If the +3 bonus is the real concern... then it'd actually matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:09 pm
I'm going to kind of go with Sakura on this one--if you really need the +3, then I don't mind, but if you're just going for a polyglot, doesn't really matter.

Also, am heading to bed for tonight. I'm usually on in the evenings for a little while, but rarely any other time, so I'll answer any further questions tomorrow. Have a good one, everyone!  

Dallas Moonrain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:10 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis
Can I swap skills?

Bear in mind, in Pathfinder, the difference between a class skill and a non-class skill is the +3 bonus that you get when you put your first rank into a class skill. A 10th level character can have 10 ranks no matter whether it's a class skill or cross-class. He'll just have a total bonus that's 3 less, though Skill Focus rectifies that if needed. It's not nearly so prohibitive to want cross-class skills.

So, if languages is your primary focus, it shouldn't be an issue at all. If the +3 bonus is the real concern... then it'd actually matter.
oh... I feel smart now... The only real reason I wanted it was more for an rp perspective. Sorry  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Disciple of Sakura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Dallas Moonrain
Southern_cross_nemesis
Can I swap skills?

oh... I feel smart now... The only real reason I wanted it was more for an rp perspective. Sorry

Don't worry about it. That's one of those things that harder to switch between 3.X and Pathfinder. But I'm happy for things for an RP perspective. smile

Now I'm really going to bed. I swear.  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis

Oh, I wasn't trying to be a pain. Just wanted to make sure that you were up to speed (as it were) on Pathfinder's revised skill system. It's something that a lot of people miss. Not saying whether or not Dallas will allow it - that's his/her prerogative. Just saying that it may not be that big a deal, depending on what you wanted it for, is all. Just in case you didn't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm
May I have a chaotic good alignment If I play monk? I sorta want to do the whole chaotic good alignment, because it's very much a half-elf personality and fits well with her character, but she's going to be a martial artist of today (aka monk) which requires a lawful alignment. May we waive the alignment restriction or no? I'd get rid of all the Ki abilities and follow the martial artist Archetype.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:30 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=338236

that work? I just want to verify before I put the finishing touches on it and have to scrap the whole thing  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Vampfighter1: That's fine. I don't have a problem with a CG monk. I'm not superfond of the alignment restrictions on monks anyway.

Southern_cross_nemesis: Character looks good--except I think your character should speak more languages--he gets an automatic 1 for existence, and another 3 for his int, and I think you may have spent 28 points instead of 25....you'll want to recheck that. But I like the concept. Very interesting.

Also, I won't be taking any more applications aside from one more from a friend IRL who likes the concept of this game enough to join Gaia to play, so I'm going to wait a day or two for him to get accepted to the Guild so he can participate too. But after that, we'll get the game going!

So, mods.....think I could get a subforum? Huh? Pretty please?  

Dallas Moonrain

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm
Dallas Moonrain
So, mods.....think I could get a subforum? Huh? Pretty please?

Send a pm to Rain Yupa asking for one and saying that your game has a certain number of people interested, with characters in or on the way.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff