Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:54 pm
Archangel486
Second round of question answering!

1) Your profession is now "Task Force Valkyrie Operative". You are on their payroll now.

2) Get those sheets in! Also, please read all of the information I provided in my previous post. I will only be accepting entries from people I know have read it all.

3) You will be fighting a very wide array of monsters, so be prepared for anything. Or don't, and learn as you go. No metagaming!

4) Your weapons costs are WAAAAY out of your price range, so they are covered by the TFV operational budget. Your access to them is rated by the selection and rating of merit's you've purchased in Advanced Armory.

5) Yes, there is one major thing to consider: We are running LETHAL DAMAGE system, not roll your damage. Successes rolled on attacks are added to the damage rating of a weapon for total damage (For example, an assault rifle base damage is 4, and you roll two successes on your attack- for a total damage of 6 lethal). This makes weapons a ******** more deadly, so watch your a**.

6) Suicidesoldier, please read all he game information before submitting your character sheet. Also, what in the Sam Hell is Fighting style: Combat?

Fighting IS Combat... please be more specific on the type of combat- you can't specialize in ALL KINDS of combat. Also, I was asking for character background, not a military history lesson. I just got out of the air force, and I don't need to be taught about historic battles, I promise. please fix this.

It is my character's history.

And it's "Combat Marksmanship".

It's in the Armory.

It's all pretty integral information to my character, so, what would you like me to change, exactly?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:08 pm
Okay, my bad on the combat marksmanship. It wasn't on the screen when I looked up your character.

BUT

As far as the history goes, I KNOW about the Tet Offensive, I KNOW about the different initiatives and operations you're talking about, I don't need them explained to me. There were whole paragraphs that didn't even mention your character, did you realize that?

But seriously, you still havent read all of the information I've provided. I told you that your character would be recruited into TFV after a brush with the supernatural nearly killed you. People don't get transferred into TFV because they're good soldiers. every single one of them had encountered the supernatural, and Task Force Valkyrie found out about it. so please, PLEASE reread the information I've provided for you, and make sure to include the necessary details.  

Archangel486

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:15 pm
Archangel486
Okay, my bad on the combat marksmanship. It wasn't on the screen when I looked up your character.

BUT

As far as the history goes, I KNOW about the Tet Offensive, I KNOW about the different initiatives and operations you're talking about, I don't need them explained to me. There were whole paragraphs that didn't even mention your character, did you realize that?

But seriously, you still havent read all of the information I've provided. I told you that your character would be recruited into TFV after a brush with the supernatural nearly killed you. People don't get transferred into TFV because they're good soldiers. every single one of them had encountered the supernatural, and Task Force Valkyrie found out about it. so please, PLEASE reread the information I've provided for you, and make sure to include the necessary details.

Oh, you want me to go into detail about that?

Kay.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:29 pm
"During one of his latest operations in Iraq, he came to a near death experience after being shot in the arm. While the injury itself did not represent near death, the combat situation was one of the toughest he had ever been in, almost getting him killed. He came under heavy fire from what he, at the time, believed to be enemy insurgents. While their speed, ruthlessness and seeming resistance to damage seemed incredible, what really surprised him was the nature of their attack. While he believed the attack to be a suicide bombing, the very individual he had just thought was the suicide bomber fired back at him. Eventually, during the firefight, he was forced out into the open to engage said enemy threat. Firing three times in the chest, he expected the individual to fall nearly immediately, but to his surprise the individual fired back, striking him in the arm. Taking no chances, he aimed and focused all of his attention on the target, and aimed up, striking the man in his head. For a moment he believed the individual was another opium crazed terrorist, with all pain and bodily harm going completely unnoticed; that is, until he got back up. Gawking, John was in a state of pure shock and awe at the man, who stood back up, a strange light glow filling the empty gaps in his head and torso, blood still running down from where the holes used to be. John, unsure of what to do next, opened fired again, firing again at his head, this time dropping him for good.

Horrified at what had happened, he filed a full report with the CIA describing the event, going into great detail what he had seen. This consequently attracted attention from Task Force Valkyrie, who had known the Terrorists were operating with psuedo-suicide Geists, which subsequently got him another transfer."

Is this alright?  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Archangel486

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:33 pm
Better. But, you and I are going to have to talk about why Geists were acting as terrorists. Might bring that into the campaign, because that's not nearly their usual MO  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:20 pm
Archangel486
Better. But, you and I are going to have to talk about why Geists were acting as terrorists. Might bring that into the campaign, because that's not nearly their usual MO

User Image

I do feel kind of bad chopping up history and throwing my character in there, but eh.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:02 pm
Right, well... decided on a shotgun instead of a pistol.

Gabriel Thule

I think that's everything. At the bottom, in notes, is a background. I'll get a description added soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:00 pm
My entry: Alexander Pryde]. Assuming important gear will be provided for the mission (within reason).  

Ancelas

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm
Ancelas
My entry: Alexander Pryde. Assuming important gear will be provided for the mission (within reason).

"DragonBarbarian, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

llllllll1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
llllllll2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

O_o  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:53 pm
...Hm. Working on it.

Edit: Should be fixed.

Ancelas

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm
Ancelas
...Hm. Working on it.

Edit: Should be fixed.

blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:00 am
ok, I've gotten the main stuff for my char done....the only thing; i've never actually made a char with weapons before lmao. most of my ideas tended to be soft-spoken, or unarmed brawlers. So i'm not used to dealing with equipment, especially guns. heck, i don't know what half the types of guns are. Like, what's the difference between a Glock and Luger?

Katrina Sanderson

I'll write up the description later and send it correctly, but I wanted to see if anyone could sort of give me some pointers regarding equipment. She's not much of a fighter, but she obviously can't be a field agent for a conspiracy without having some training >.>

edit: eh heh....whoops...misunderstood/forgot something. Added.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Dear Princess Molestia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm
I can't decide if I want to use a glock or a revolver for the more nostalgic feel but...

Do we need to take the resource merit to purchase mundane gun and armor or would that be covered by TFV budget as well? I didn't know if you were referring to just that guy's character or was it a general thing for all of us.

Also, this is my sheet so far, just looking for a little feedback on if I screwed anything up. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335807

I was going for what I thought would be a realistic skill set for her background although I admit it's definitely more suited for dealing with people than monsters, or at least that's what I think. I have a working draft of her bio prepared and after I finish my RP session tonight I'll make something more concrete for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:44 pm
I'd better post this here since everyone seems to be making the same mistake:

Advanced Armory is not a merit. Advanced Armory is a SET OF Merits that only TF:V has access to. Each one of the weapons is a merit in itself. The Witch Buster is a One-Dot Merit, where the Gungnir targeting system is 3 or 4 dots, depending on the weapon.

So... please, rework your AA dots to be specific in weapon choice.  

Archangel486

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:31 pm
Archangel486
I'd better post this here since everyone seems to be making the same mistake:

Advanced Armory is not a merit. Advanced Armory is a SET OF Merits that only TF:V has access to. Each one of the weapons is a merit in itself. The Witch Buster is a One-Dot Merit, where the Gungnir targeting system is 3 or 4 dots, depending on the weapon.

So... please, rework your AA dots to be specific in weapon choice.

What if I want just like, an AR-10 or something?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff