Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
World, of, Darkness! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:08 pm
Archangel486
...There's a lot of hate going around in this thread.

That said, I will be running an NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Campaign, if any are interested.

Shh-yeah I would! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 pm
Tempted, but I only have time to look into one new game at a time x.x.

Vigil seems pretty interesting, though I know very little about it at this point. Reminds me a little of the TV show Supernatural.

Ancelas

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm
Well, vigil is cool.

But it's real easy to die and all your powers come from merits.

So they're kind of nerfed.

Hence the easy to die part; although you can get magicsz if you go down the right path.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 pm
Look... can I, in this game, have a crossbow that shoots flaming bolts? If so, I'm in. If not, I'll need to get the book first then decide.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Look... can I, in this game, have a crossbow that shoots flaming bolts? If so, I'm in. If not, I'll need to get the book first then decide.

O_o

I don't know.

I suppose no, becuase it would be OP for quite a bit of reasons.

Vampires = stake, = take aggravated damage from fire, and it would basically have to be magic.

Magic weapons would require, well, quite a bit of other stuff going on...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:57 pm
Oh please, archers used flaming arrows. All it would require is a specially made crossbow with special bolts that, when the trigger was pulled, lit an oil soaked rag tipped crossbow that is launched.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:30 pm
But their flaming arrows weren't very good and huge.

A lot of them used specially designed arrows with charcoal in them designed to heat up as air passed through them in the air.

So they were good past 100 yards, and the only thing they were designed to catch on fire was bails of hay.

The problem is crossbow bolts are pretty tiny and would only be used at relativley short distances.

However, if they were gasoline soaked it would be possible but, not do a lot of damage.

Also, crossbow bolts require rails, were as bows and arrows are kind of free floating.

The crossbow bolt has to have an arrow head that doesn't exceed the tail fins or else it will be off balance, and vice versa.

So having a huge, or even small gasoline soaked rag on the end would throw it off balance and make it really inaccurate.

I suppose the main problem is aggravated damage done to vampires.

But it wouldn't be that insane.

For a contraption like this though I'd say you'd have to have resources 3 or higher.

Also, it would be rather big, hard to conceal and would have some inherent issues with accuracy but, I suppose it would be acceptable.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 pm
Very nice examination o_o.  

Ancelas

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm
Yes, I'm quite impressed myself. Good show, good show!

I would argue that one might be able to design a crossbow-like mechanism for the sole purpose of firing incendiary bolts of some form or another, but I agree completely that converting an existing crossbow for that function is a great deal more difficult.

I suppose you COULD just cover the entire crossbow in gasoline, ignite it, and fire steel-tipped wooden bolts. Pros: Easily accessible, and relatively inexpensive fire bolts! Cons: Lethal damage every turn neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:26 pm
Well thanks xd

Well, yeah, it would probs do lethal damage every turn, or aggro cause he's a vampire. O_o

Well...

Yeah, it may not be such a good idea... sweatdrop

Like, he's like "Oh yeah, flaming crossbow!" and then he kills himself in the first scene.

And is all like "WTF?!!!! AGAIN!"  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 pm
... I am now horribly confused... I was talking about in Hunter, not Vampire.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:45 am
OH. O_O

Well, yeah, um, same concept would probably apply. xp

I would just suggest like, Molotov cocktails, crossbows and spears.

Good for promethium, vampires, humans of course, and decent against werewolves; not to mention highly effective and easy to obtain/make.

You should think about getting an iron tipped arrow ahead with silver in the middle and the catch in on fire and then you'll be able to kill like, every creaturesz.

Except ghosts; for that, you'd just need the ectoplasm bullet merit.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 am
Raganui Minamoto
... I am now horribly confused... I was talking about in Hunter, not Vampire.

In Soviet World of Darkness, Hunter AND Vampire talks about you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm
It's either that or silver tipped incendiary rounds.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 am
Fired out of a gun.

You can kill like anyone.

Although, silver comes a -1 penalty.

Some people say that it also makes you make a morality check, but I say only if your a werewolf.

Besides, as a hunter, you believe these creatures are exactly that, creatures, to be killed, hunted, examined, or controlled, so the whole morality check is thrown out the window when you view yourself as a monster killer.

Maybe for killing humans; also, it only applies to werewolves as they aren't supposed to hurt each other and luna has cursed them, and another reminder alone forces them to question their very existence; I.E morality check.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff