Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3:16 - Carnage Amongst the Stars - Game Thread (Mission #1) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:30 am
"As the corporal said! Now stop this talk about sex! I shall recite some wise words from soldiers and officers of old to remind you about why we do not have sex on a mission! 'Remember boys, Flies spread disease so keep yours closed." Stated Trevor with a certain amount of confidence. Checking his gun was loaded he would scan the immediate area with his eyes,

"Too warm..."  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:47 am
Trooper Ramon sets up an excellent perimeter in record time, doing whatever that entails. He looks extra cool doing it too and he snaps a branch a spacemonkey was about to leap onto, causing it to fall outside the perimeter. He also shoots it in midair for good measure. "BuREEE!" it shrieks as it dies.

((setting up a perimiter score: 6))
"Peri-meter secure, Corporal."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Meditatus Sanctum Mien rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:36 am
((Perimeter check: Area NOT secured. FA: 6 NFA: 4 ))

"Sorry, Padre. You won't be able to handle this legendary sex machine, anyway. 'Sides, conflict of interest, Corporal, your loss." She grinned, exhaled smoke through her nose, and tromped out of the damaged spacecraft off to secure the perimeter. Only, if she weren't too distracted by the death cries of what she assumed to be a wiry coat of blood splattered fur and mire exploding in her line of vision. The whine of the bullets and the pervading screams made her lick her lips. Drauss felt her heart race. It was a frackin' turn-on.

"I take that back, Padre. Up your kill count like that, and we'll see what happens."

She cocked her gun and made sure it's clip was secure. "Can't forget to stick with tradition," she said to herself, puffing on the cancer stick. She stared at it for a moment, and seared her trigger finger like she always did. The pain felt good. "'Least I'm not in a frakshit dream..." The salty breeze tingled her nose and the fresh air was more than welcome since it carried the spiky tang of freshly spilled blood on its tendrils. "God damn, when the hell did I start admiring the fethin' dregs of a washed out planet like this? I ain't gone soft have I?" Her arms tensed and she leveled her Slugger in her line of sight in the deepened jungles. She thought she saw some serious movement in the deeper part of the dense foliage. The Slugger was aimed and loaded.

A loud whistling caw resounded throughout the area and its bat-like wings flapped, showing off glistening scales. It was a bird of some kind and it perched in a nearby tree with a few others of its ilk.

"Fething hell..." she whispered to herself and relaxed her grip. She didn't realize it, but she managed to chew her cancer stick up to the ash starting to form at the very tip. She spit it out viciously. Whipping out another one, she lit it as sweat started to bead on her upper lip and temples.

Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am
{{Perimeter check: NFA 4}}

Trooper Cassidy is out of the ship as soon as the hatch opens and moves to set a perimeter. "Too quiet..."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Erisel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Erisel

Fashionable Warlord

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:55 am
Zeke steps from the ship, borrowed cancer stick between his teeth. "Damn things could come out of the ocean, or the sky for that matter. I hate it when we have no idea of what we're fighting. It could be anything."
[form perimeter: nfs:3]  
SporkMaster5000 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 pm
Griswold keeps out of the flirting of some of the rest of the squad, focused on the business at hand. Secure a perimeter, don't get shot by a superior officer out of spite.

((Non-slacking on following orders ability: 4))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:40 pm
Trooper Drauss began to scan the area, already in eager anticipation of battle - so much so that she was already envisioning such a spectacular bloodbath.

Though Troopers Zeke, Griswold, Cassidy did scan the area, scouting the immediate vicinity for bogies. To which, there are none. Just sand dunes, beaches, ocean, GINORMOUS REEFS, and probably just as many trees as there were troopers in this squad. Trooper Ramon reacted to a ghost, but after getting over being jumpy, he found that his area was likewise secure.

Definitely, no sign as to what made those broadcasts.

"Sarge, I'm not sure if this bird is salvagable," the pilot, a broad-shouldered smiling man named Christensen confessed as he poked his head out the hatch.

Over the radio, reports were coming in from various (and more successful) drop teams, and there were 0 confirmations on sentients across this potential-beach-resort globe.

"Orders, Sarge?" one of the young female troopers, Trooper Soto, would ask Kovack. The lot of troopers began to gather and line up to await further orders on how to proceed. Well, the ones who took their jobs seriously. The ones who saw this as Spring Break seemed to be more milling about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 pm
"Trooper Drauss! You just disobeyed a direct order! What did I just say!?" Trevor would storm over to Drauss and slap the woman, "Do this again and I will personally execute you! You too Ramon fire your weapon again without my saying and I will have you put on scouting duty."

"Orders?" Trevor would quickly look around once again before making a decision. "Advance along the shore, scattered formation and remember your spacing! We're doing the good ol' touch and go. Wander until enemy contact is found. Engage and then leave."

Remembering the pilot, "If it is not salvageable just leave it. After purging the planet they come and reclaim it if they want to salvage it."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 pm
"Aye aye, sir," Airman Christensen would respond. "I just need to grab the basics from inside, and I'll be right out." With that, he would disappear back inside the slanted vessel.

The less important troopers would all begin to spread out and search for signs of... well, anything. There was flora, but no sign of any actual fauna at all. No bugs, no birds, not even a spidermonkey.

But central command definitely believed this planet was inhabited. So where was everyone?

The coastline would allow for several potential details to check out, if people wanted to investigate. Any, all, or none of them may provide clues. The places to be are:

• Ginormous above-ground coral reef structure, several stories tall.
  • A copse of trees, the only dense plant life you've seen.
  • A cove, secluded from sight.
  • A series of rising and falling sand dunes, in what appears to be the exact center of this large island.
  • An object reflecting sunlight on a very tiny island just off the coast, accessible via a slightly submerged shoal.

NFA rolls are required for detailed exploring!  
SporkMaster5000 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:30 pm
Most technology was shiny, to some extent, so whatever was on that island seemed the best chance of being technology to Griswold. And technology was the best indication of sentients. Pointing out the shiny to any directionless troopers nearby, he made his way along the shoal. He kept his weapon ready and his eyes peeled for the corporal's genital eating fish, or anything more plausible.

((non-missing details ability: 4))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Arc Vembris rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:31 pm
"Sergeant Kovack." Ramon approached his superior and removed his wayfarers in order to look him in the eye. "I won't pretend to know the terrible stresses you must be under, but if I may suggest: You forgot to smack me too."

Assuming he isn't executed after Trevor's response, the padre would break his rock-hard stare and begin scouting that big coral thing. Coral monsters might live inside, after all coral formations don't grow themselves."

((explorin' a thing after not dying sore: 6))  
NayrVentess rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 am
Tantalus took a long drag on his cancer stick and shouted, "Lopez, Holloway, Wolfe with me!" He then lead the three troopers to the cove, secluded from their sight. He told Kovack over the radio of his intentions, "Sarge, we're heading into this cove, I'll report what we find..."

Just before he and his improvised squad entered, the Corporal finished off his cancer stick and flicked it into the beautiful blue ocean nearby. Trooper Holloway gave him and odd look, and Tantalus laughed. "The sea is natures ashtray Trooper, don't you be giving me that look! Let's move!" And with that, Tantalus lit up again and headed into the cave with the three troopers closely following him. He had Maggie (his E-Cannon) at the ready.

Exploring! NFA: 3  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:50 pm
"I agree with Ramon. They are particularly suspicious." He kept his gun pointed towards the reefs, frowning while waiting for a response from the Sarge.

(NFA: 4)  
Meditatus Sanctum Mien rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm
(( Recovering Dignity Roll/Exploratory Roll: FAIL FA: 6 NFA: 4 ))

Trooper Drauss just managed to rub out the explosive pain she received in her jaw.Her cancer stick flew into the sand. It wasn't like metal gauntlets were light and fluffy. Especially, Terra brand armor like theirs. It stung and even numbed out her tongue a little bit before she spit out a glob of blood. She wiped it from her lips and snorted derisively. Cracking her neck, she lit another cancer stick. Her teeth ground on the butt end of it. A small, frustrated growl issued through her throat and smoke roiled from her busted lips like thick tendrils. First blood. Her eyes glinted dangerously. Her temper was culled by the nicotine, but she made a silent promise to Sergeant Trevor.

Quickly, before any more homicidal thoughts could enter her mind, she returned to her duties and gave Trooper Ramon a curt, respectable nod. She eased her way across the dense plant life, but there was nothing interesting that caught her eye. She noticed the cove and decided to investigate it, slowly training her Slugger in the dark recesses of the dank entrance. She squinted, but savor the soft sound of dripping water and the crashing of the waves, there was only sun, silence, and sordid thoughts.

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Erisel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Erisel

Fashionable Warlord

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 pm
"If no one else is I will check the dunes and report back," Zeke says dropping the last of his cancer stick. Pulling out his rifle he heads in that direction to investigate.
[explore:nfs: 3]  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces