Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
You Can't Touch Mormon Jesus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Well this is the thread in the light so if you would kindly answer my inquires about LDS.

I don't want to get nailed for thread derailment since this thread wasn't specically created for the discussion purpose about Church doctrine.

But to answer your question, the Church does not believe that blacks have dark skin because of sin.
And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)

That is talking about a specific group of people, the Lamanites. The curse was later lifted off of them.
Scripture? Also you believe you will be turned into a God in the afterlife? (If you reach the top level)

A scripture reference for proof that it's talking about the Lamanites? Or where it says the curse was lifted from the Lamanites?

EDIT: The Bible teaches that we will inherit all the Christ has inherited.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Well this is the thread in the light so if you would kindly answer my inquires about LDS.

I don't want to get nailed for thread derailment since this thread wasn't specically created for the discussion purpose about Church doctrine.

But to answer your question, the Church does not believe that blacks have dark skin because of sin.
And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)

That is talking about a specific group of people, the Lamanites. The curse was later lifted off of them.
Scripture? Also you believe you will be turned into a God in the afterlife? (If you reach the top level)

A scripture reference for proof that it's talking about the Lamanites? Or where it says the curse was lifted from the Lamanites?

Where was the curse lifted from them? Also does the first scripture not imply God put darkness on their skin as a curse to begin with?

EDIT: So we are to become Gods?  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Where was the curse lifted from them? Also does the first scripture not imply God put darkness on their skin as a curse to begin with?

I will find the scripture and post it for you, give me a minute. And yes, the curse was put on them because of their transgression. Cain also received a mark because of his transgression, but yet I never see people question that one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

I will find the scripture and post it for you, give me a minute. And yes, the curse was put on them because of their transgression. Cain also received a mark because of his transgression, but yet I never see people question that one.
Cain received a mark not because of his transgression but a mark to warn others to not kill him. The curse was before the mark.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Cain received a mark not because of his transgression but a mark to warn others to not kill him. The curse was before the mark.

He still received a similar cursing as the Lamanites as a result of a transgression.

And the scripture that says that the curse was taken from the Lamanites is in Alma 23:18: "And they began to be a very industrious people; yea, and they were friendly with the Nephites; therefore, they did open a correspondance with them, and the curse of God did no more follow them."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 am
Gen 4:9 ΒΆ And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper?
Gen 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Gen 4:11 And now [art] thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
Gen 4:12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment [is] greater than I can bear.
Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, [that] every one that findeth me shall slay me.
Gen 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.  

Azkeel

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

He still received a similar cursing as the Lamanites as a result of a transgression.

And the scripture that says that the curse was taken from the Lamanites is in Alma 23:18: "And they began to be a very industrious people; yea, and they were friendly with the Nephites; therefore, they did open a correspondance with them, and the curse of God did no more follow them."
So did their skin color change due to this lifting of a curse?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

I'd have to do some research in my notes and my scriptures, since I don't have it all laid out infront of me right now.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

I'd have to do some research in my notes and my scriptures, since I don't have it all laid out infront of me right now.
Fair enough ^^ I'm just trying to learn. Is it true Joseph Smith was a 33rd degree mason?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Fair enough ^^ I'm just trying to learn. Is it true Joseph Smith was a 33rd degree mason?

Okay I found another scripture, in 3 Nephi 2:15: "And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites"

So yes, when the curse was removed from the Lamanites, their skin changed. Going back to you original question, so you don't think I contradicted myself, the LDS Church does not believe that those who are black are cursed because of sin. The verses that we just just discussed are talking about a specific group of people who were cursed with a mark. (Hope that made sense)

I have not found any conclusive evidence that said yes or no that Joseph Smith was a mason, but if he was, so what? Freemasonry isn't a religious movement and it certainly isn't a bad fraternity. It includes a constitutional declaration of a belief in a Supremem Being. Lots of Christians are freemasons. Men often joined it to improve social standing in the community and to obtain business contracts.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Okay I found another scripture, in 3 Nephi 2:15: "And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites"

So yes, when the curse was removed from the Lamanites, their skin changed. Going back to you original question, so you don't think I contradicted myself, the LDS Church does not believe that those who are black are cursed because of sin. The verses that we just just discussed are talking about a specific group of people who were cursed with a mark. (Hope that made sense)

I have not found any conclusive evidence that said yes or no that Joseph Smith was a mason, but if he was, so what? Freemasonry isn't a religious movement and it certainly isn't a bad fraternity. It includes a constitutional declaration of a belief in a Supremem Being. Lots of Christians are freemasons. Men often joined it to improve social standing in the community and to obtain business contracts.
Well as for freemasons I take no pleasure in any group that prides itself upon secrecy. Things that happen in darkness are usually evil. How about the temple garments? Any comment? I'm going to have to cut this interview short sleep beckons me haha. It's really a pleasure discussing these things I feel more enlightened.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Well as for freemasons I take no pleasure in any group that prides itself upon secrecy. Things that happen in darkness are usually evil. How about the temple garments? Any comment? I'm going to have to cut this interview short sleep beckons me haha. It's really a pleasure discussing these things I feel more enlightened.

The LDS don't usually discuss the garments with nonmembers because they are considered sacred and it would be like casting pearls before swine. So I will leave it at that.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 pm
Thank you Shadows for trying to stop the conversation and Azkeel, you need to let things go. Shadows told you there was another thread and you should have went to it.
This thread is not on the LDS beliefs, nor is it about God taking things (such as this video) serious/having a humor or not.
This thread is about alerting people to the video. And people to reply if they liked it or not, if they thought it was funny or not. TD did put a disclaimer and that should be taken into thought.
This thread should also be in the entertainment sub-forum. It will be moved there tomorrow. (advance notice so it's easy to find if you should want to)
This thread will also be locked for a few days.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 am
Axzaki Heroki
No I ask everyone to look up this -Super Street Pastor Church Fighter 2- its really funny and trust me this guy has laying hand and great faith. I don't see nothing wrong with the video. Please if there is I'm sorry for letting you guys know.

OMG! i hate youuuu!!

Now I feel so horrible for laughing bursting out laughing like a hyena!
gonk

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Entertainment Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash