Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Games That I'm Not Going to Run Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm
So, basically, something akin to Zelda: Oracle of Ages, but instead of actually traversing time to change things, there are two different parties that work together. Course, it's kind've a one-way help, since the future group can't really help the past group.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:32 pm
Raganui Minamoto
So, basically, something akin to Zelda: Oracle of Ages, but instead of actually traversing time to change things, there are two different parties that work together. Course, it's kind've a one-way help, since the future group can't really help the past group.

Sure they can. Their knowledge of the "present" helps those in the past know things that are going to happen before they do.  

Emerald the Crow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 pm
Aside from the plane hopping campaign i can't think of a story for, I really wanted to make a super adventure (if you're not familiar with the idea, one big dungeon, one party, several reason to visit and different experience each time) based around some kind of tower or complex split down the middle into fire and ice themes. Cliche, but i kinda pictured it as being like a zelda dungeon. Some elements of the fire and cold halves that players can get used to and turn from surprises to advantages as they get acclaimed, but then a few rooms and encounters would mix them together, with things like blazing skeletons over ice-slick floors and cold damaging zones adjacent to fire damage, just to keep the players on their toes.

Unfortunately, I do not have a mind for dungeon design and even the beginnings of a map failed me, much less the actual zany encounter design.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Well, spork, you could look at a random dungeon generator and pump out a couple levels to kinda see maps. They might give you inspiration.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Three words: World's Largest Dungeon

Just alter the fluff and some of the corresponding creatures to match the desired environment.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Well, spork, you could look at a random dungeon generator and pump out a couple levels to kinda see maps. They might give you inspiration.
i tried a bit, but staring at random collections of blank twisting hallways and rooms doesn't give me much inspiration. Maybe after i have a little more experience with dungeons and map scribblings I'll come back to it, but for now, it's officially shelved in my mind.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:59 pm
Emerald the Crow
I've had an idea for a Fate of All Time campaign. The players generate multiple PCs, each of which exists in a different time period. They're somehow psychically linked through time to each other, so they're aware of the actions of those in the future as well as in the past. And they're fighting some insanely monolithic evil that they have to defeat in the future with the help of those in the past.

Present heroes: "We need this artifact, but we can't get to it because the mountain that housed it was swallowed by a black hole."
Cut to people in the past. "That mountain's still here. Let's get the artifact, take it somewhere safe, and make sure no one ever finds it there."
Cut to the present again: "Hey, guys. I know where we can find the artifact."

It'd take a lot of juggling and some railroading, but I think it'd be really cool.

When we get out of this, we should remind our future uses to leave the key to this cell right here. Dude! Excellent!

~Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Game. Restricted races: human, restricted classes: rogue  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 am
~Walkers in Dreams. This campaign takes place in the Dream Realm, and the players are all figments that have been unhitched from their common dreamer. Their mysterious patron and unhitcher needs their craft and help to defeat the machinations of a sinister presence within the dream realm bent on, I dunno, causing nightmares or something. The possibilities for the DM are vast, as traveling through dreams can send you to settings like Spelljammer or Planescape classic, or even nightmare realms like Ravenloft. The bad guys might even be Eberron's quori. All the while you're battling threats from the other phrenic planes, aberrations of the far realm and the possibly-more-nasty-than-they-sound modrons. Even better if the PCs don't at first realize that they're figments of some guy's dream, or if their home dreamer gets into some form of danger.

~Also a campaign about Modrons taking over the material world would be crazy. Efficient. Beaureaucratic. Deadly.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 am
Arc Vembris
~Walkers in Dreams. This campaign takes place in the Dream Realm, and the players are all figments that have been unhitched from their common dreamer. Their mysterious patron and unhitcher needs their craft and help to defeat the machinations of a sinister presence within the dream realm bent on, I dunno, causing nightmares or something. The possibilities for the DM are vast, as traveling through dreams can send you to settings like Spelljammer or Planescape classic, or even nightmare realms like Ravenloft. The bad guys might even be Eberron's quori. All the while you're battling threats from the other phrenic planes, aberrations of the far realm and the possibly-more-nasty-than-they-sound modrons. Even better if the PCs don't at first realize that they're figments of some guy's dream, or if their home dreamer gets into some form of danger.
Modrons are very lawful neutral... but that's the point. What they do they do to keep everything in order, even if it means killing off everyone else. Thank the Emperor that they're only native to Mechanicus. (Oddly enough, they'd probably get along with the Ordos Mechanicus from WH40K.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 pm
Which Emperor? Emperor Toturi I? I bet it's Toturi I.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Arc Vembris
Modrons are very lawful neutral... but that's the point. What they do they do to keep everything in order, even if it means killing off everyone else. Thank the Emperor that they're only native to Mechanicus. (Oddly enough, they'd probably get along with the Ordos Mechanicus from WH40K.)

I played Werewolf: The Apocalypse before I really learned much about Planescape, and to me Modrons always sounded like weaver spirits. They're gonna set things a certain way, but it's gonna be their way.

I really loved the 3.5 Modron lore Dragon mag introduced, that when Orcus ascended as that failed shadow god he assassinated the modrons' Primus, completely boning their society and paving the way for Inevitables and Formians to dominate Mechanus in the 3rd edition.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm
Rain Yupa
Which Emperor? Emperor Toturi I? I bet it's Toturi I.

THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND!  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm
A Steampunk game using Alternity. The game could run steampunk pretty well I think, and I bet I could run it for new players who don't have the rules, but I really don't know th rules well enough right now, and I sure don't have a strong grasp on steampunk stories or settings.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:04 pm
Arc Vembris
Mackie the Knife
A 4e-based Super-hero game.

It's an interesting thought. 4e lends itself to that kind of storytelling, but I'm not sure players really have access to the variety of powers that would be required for that type of game. d20 Modern can do a reasonable job if you get heavy-handed with Mutations and Cybertech gadgets. Maybe if it were Paragon level minimum

Well, you could flavor characters AFTER superheroes. I've successfully made several marvel and DC heroes, including Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Hulk, Storm, and others. Captain America was the most difficult.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 am
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris
Mackie the Knife
A 4e-based Super-hero game.

It's an interesting thought. 4e lends itself to that kind of storytelling, but I'm not sure players really have access to the variety of powers that would be required for that type of game. d20 Modern can do a reasonable job if you get heavy-handed with Mutations and Cybertech gadgets. Maybe if it were Paragon level minimum

Well, you could flavor characters AFTER superheroes. I've successfully made several marvel and DC heroes, including Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Hulk, Storm, and others. Captain America was the most difficult.

I know! Shield-throwing is so tough to pull off  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces