Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAWR: Revolutionary Animals With Rabies

Back to Guilds

We Bother People 

Tags: RAWR, Animal, Noob, Attack, Grunny 

Reply Research and Development of the Guild
raisedpassions roleplay testing. feel free to post comments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 am
also, for the timebeing.... lets go ahead and drop the 0.01 level multiplier out of the base attack , raising the number two places. Lets also move the total HP two places over to balance things again.

Now, we are going to roll with 5 twenty sided die instead of 1 ten...

oh wait... -blushes- i screwed up my placement, thats only ONE tens place, not too, so the level multiplier will be 0.1 now instead of 0.01 etc etc....

updating biosheets....
done.

now Aquarius will subtract 38 from her roll rather than 3.8 like before. opps, forgot to move the HP's one over.... brb lol (as if you can see) ok done.

now our hero has 1070HP. lets see what a roll would look like if Aquarius was full, 5 dice.  
raisedpassion rolled 5 20-sided dice: 3, 10, 2, 10, 6 Total: 31 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 am
DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!!

herm..... cannot post a message so soon..... blah.... i hate that.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion rolled 6 20-sided dice: 1, 20, 12, 12, 19, 11 Total: 75 (6-120)

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 am
ooo bad roll.... shes going to lose 7 points against him.

but I was thinkign while i was waiting for gaia to not be a b***h.... you should get a bonus for being in the top 80 percent of the health so instead of herm.....

thinking......

cat started sneezing, such big sneezes for such a little pregnant kitty.....

lets let you rolll with 6 dice instead of 5 if you have top 80 percent health.

DICE ROLL!!!  
raisedpassion rolled 6 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 2 Total: 24 (6-36)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 am
i still dont like it though.... if you go by 20%'s.... then its easy, you see your got 45%, you know 2 dice.....

but getting all funky with the dice numbers 3 for this 6 for that.... gets confusing......

if your under 40%, 4 dice.... if your over 80%, 6 dice......

hmm.......

what?
hmm.....

might need food soon (becoming a blocker).... HEY....LOL.... thats the exact thing im working on in the RP right now.... im not as sharp and focused as i would be normally cuz im hungry lol.

im trying to imagine holding dice in my hand.... if 2 for 40% (rolls in hand)... and 3 for SIXTY percent..... (turns them some more)......

you could just roll with 5 then your bonus dice at 80 or above.... but no, i want it to hurt a bit if you dont eat.... and you still gotta factor in the 38 subtraction.

MENTAL NOTE: remember to change it to round to tens on the subtraction.... 38 sucks, 40 would be nicer.

listens to the music from blacks videogame in the other room, still playing with imaginary dice in my hand....

make the bonus start at 90% at 50% hunger (or whatever i called it), take a dice away. so if at 45, 4 dice, if at 95 six dice....

MENTAL NOTE: may want to move the level multiplier up by 0.01 per level instead of 0.1 so level 1 would be 0.1, lvl2 0.11 lvl3 0.12 etc.... might need to adjust HP down to compensate... just keep it in mind. HP seems really high right now anyways. lvl1 chick running around with 600HP seems odd.

ok lets see how her roll looks now.... shes got 100 percent non-hunger whatever. so 6 dice

DICE ROLL!!!!!  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion rolled 6 20-sided dice: 11, 12, 13, 6, 9, 18 Total: 69 (6-120)

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 am
ok wait im stupid.... i rolled (6) 6 sided die.... lets try that again....

DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
raisedpassion rolled 4 20-sided dice: 13, 3, 14, 5 Total: 35 (4-80)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 am
ok she rolled what was it a 69? for a 29HP attack if you round up to 40... if i have the number right.

ONE THING IS EVIDENT..... the character's HP will need to come down. the character she's attacking has 1000 hit points.

Lets see what an attack looks like if shes hungry (less than 50%, 4 die)  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 am
she just got her face stomped on for 5 points. thats good (although 1 roll on each doesnt really prove much, but its the right direction).

So, at this point, I need to reference my "to do" list a few posts up to see if theres anything left, then i gotta re-balance the engine, HP is way too high. Or at least, a better way of putting it would be to make it LESS unbalanced than what it is now.

But on the matter of hunger, IM HUNGRY, time to find some food.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:58 am
ok i found a guild that uses a dice system to roleplay with. I don't know if anything is useable, but they overcame the same problems im overcoming now. I can surely learn from how they did it and apply to lessen my headache and time spent smile

notes on Naruto: The Way of the Ninja:

dice check: creating a check number, ROLL < DC = NO, ROLL > DC = YES

The formula to use a Mundane skill is:
d20 + affecting ability modifier + points put in skill.

Skill cap: There is a cap (limit) on the amount of points you can distribute into each individual skill. Of course trained points can exceed this cap.
The cap is: Level + 20

nice... they really thought this s**t out.

Quote:

To Train: You can train your skills. The basic template for a training exercise is

Title {eg. Train: Chakra Control, or something more original}
Description of training.
DC: 10 + your ranks in skill.
20/20

Successful completion of this exercise will give you experience and one skill point in the skill you've trained.

idk what that means really, but it might be useful later.

nice... in their RP, you can duel wield swords, causing two attacks per turn, but it screws with your defenses too.... THey've got some sort of wild funky you lose every 6th and a half attack turn for duel wielding, but its a good idea to start with.

alot of weapons here, although idk about just straight up stealing their s**t.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3414013

its at least something to get ideas from.

Constitution: (Con)

Constitution represents your character'�s health and stamina. The higher your character constitution, the longer he can last in battle or hard physical conditions, such as running for extended periods of time, spending long time under water, or even resisting poison. Having high constitution also give you a bonus on your fortitude save which helps you resist poisons and other types of attacks that affect your body.

What do I apply my Constitution modifier to ?:

-Hp
-Constitution checks.
-Concentration checks.
-Fortitude saves.

When to Roll a Constitution check ?

-When holding your breath under the water.
-When holding your breath against poison gas.
-When running long distances.

The formula for constitution checks is:

1d20 + Con modifier.

i like the word Charisma rather than personality

MENTAL NOTE: you know, maybe i could apply a small amount of magic to the world.... like having a person slightly be able to control things around him / her with the mind... like slightly slowing down time for a short period, or making something fall, you know those random things that happen in life sometimes and your like "did i just do that?"

whats interesting is the attack engine the guild uses looks similiar to the one i came up with, so im at least partially on the right track. that and i want to use dice but not make it so complicated you've gotta have tape on your glasses to get it.

hmm.... good point the guild just made. I will need to set up a cover roll... like if you jump behind a nearby rock, thats going to affect the roll maybe.... then again, maybe not, might be getting too complicated.

i might want to factor in saving throws somehow.... so far, no need though.

i also may want to make status ailments that would ******** with the character......

theres a nice one too.... stealing weapons during combat.... thats kewl.

resting?

hmm... theres another interesting one too.... taking damage for other ppl.

pets

training  

raisedpassion
Captain

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:04 am
the dice thing gts even more confusin when i look at this. maybe it shold b like um....ill explain it later  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 am
ok im looking at the GURPS Lite ruleset utilizing a 3d6. It may be too complicated for this RP....

notes:

critical success and failures

secret rolling by GM on a matter where the PC shouldn't know the result.

contest rolls

this gurps thing is really good and what we need... im going to read it thru before taking any more notes on it.

im on something like page 8 here, and this IS the wheel i was trying to reinvent. I just need to change some stuff for adaptation into a multispecies animal culture. (there seems to be no room for Godzilla vs the Bwunny here). The nice part is it's an open source license, so RAWR would be legally free to take the GURPS and work with it.

oh wow..... i couldnt finish it in one sitting, but it IS the roleplay. as i was reading, i was falling into which stats aquarius would have, which she wouldnt etc etc etc...

the main problem i see right now is that the engine doesn't easily support intense settings such as a wolve vs a bunny in combat or base stats of the different species...... i don't know how severe of a modification that will require but otherwise, its right there for everything else and gives a good starting point to build from.

next step is to chill from it for a bit, let it digest, then begin copying and modifying the GURPS into the forums in a suitable format for the RP..  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 am
Khangshu Shan
the dice thing gts even more confusin when i look at this. maybe it shold b like um....ill explain it later
its kinda sorta GOING to be confusing cuz this is where im working the unconfusingness out of it.

Bottom line, yesterday i was able to think everything up from the biosheets on, then dumify the attack system down to rolling a 10 sided dice then subtracting 3.8

What your seeing here is me documenting my thoughts for reference later. Already I've gone back over my previous posts 2 or 3 times as I find my answers.

And, yes, I realize the dice system could be a complete fail and I might barking up the wrong tree here.
I realize all the energy im putting into this might be wasted, but it's something you don't see in GAIA roleplays very often. If I can work it out, the RAWR roleplay would be as unique as RAWR itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:53 am
raisedpassion
Khangshu Shan
its kinda sorta GOING to be confusing cuz this is where im working the unconfusingness out of it.

Bottom line, yesterday i was able to think everything up from the biosheets on, then dumify the attack system down to rolling a 10 sided dice then subtracting 3.8

What your seeing here is me documenting my thoughts for reference later. Already I've gone back over my previous posts 2 or 3 times as I find my answers.

And, yes, I realize the dice system could be a complete fail and I might barking up the wrong tree here.
I realize all the energy im putting into this might be wasted, but it's something you don't see in GAIA roleplays very often. If I can work it out, the RAWR roleplay would be as unique as RAWR itself.

Agreed. They should have...energy in this RP and you can only roll dices for a few posts before wearing out and needing a 5 dice roll post break.  

Khangshu Shan

Wealthy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 am
Khangshu Shan
raisedpassion
Khangshu Shan

Agreed. They should have...energy in this RP and you can only roll dices for a few posts before wearing out and needing a 5 dice roll post break.
lol, i meant energy as in the work im putting into this project.

But agreed on your concept of "energy". I was thinking along the lines of Hunger. Everything has to eat, and the amount required would be from real life. In otherwords, take a cat for example. I looked it up. A cat needs to eat 8-12 mice to sustain itself for a day. That would be something like 5 - 15% of its body weight, each day.

So, for this conversation, cats in our roleplay need to eat 10 percent of their body weight per day. What is a day? well, IDK really..... instead of a day, lets say you use 2% of the daily requirement per post, and 5% per roll action, eat anytime you like to replenish yourself (as long as you have a source of food of course).

So what? Who cares? How does this help or hurt? Well, if you keep your character well fed, you get an extra dice on your rolls giving you a slight advantage with everything you do.

Starve it, and lose a dice making things tougher for your character.

Completely starve your character (hunger=100%) and I'm going to take a few points of health off you for each post or roll until either you FEED YOURSELF, or you die.

What do you think shan?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 am
ok, we are looking at GURPS Lite here. We are free to use it, but not change it, free to share the whole thing, but not parts of it.... etc... not allowed to make money off it of course....

So RAWR is mostly in the rules here but not quite, cuz the GURPS engine will need to be changed to accept forum type play and also will need changed to accept such a wide array of creatures. What I'm going to do is qoute the GURPS document for starters, then dig into it to get the information right for us, then reorganize the new work into something useful to us.

I'm half tempted to contact the owner of GURPS to get permission.... but regardless, here we go.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:22 am
Taken from GURPS Lite:

Success rolls:

A “success roll” is a die roll made when you need to “test” one of your skills or abilities. Sometimes you roll; sometimes the GM rolls for you. For instance, you might test, or roll against, your Strength to stop a heavy door from closing.

WHAT TO ROLL:
Whenever a character attempts to perform an action (e.g., use a skill), roll three dice to determine the outcome. This is called a success roll. The task in question succeeds if the total rolled on the dice is less than or equal to the number that governs the action – most often a skill or an attribute. Otherwise, it fails.

For example, if you are rolling against Strength, and your ST is 12, a roll of 12 or less succeeds. Thus, the higher the stat you are rolling against, the easier it is to make the roll. Regardless of the score you are rolling against, a roll of 3 or 4 is always a critical success, while a roll of 17 or 18 is always a critical failure. In general, the player makes the die rolls for his character’s actions. However, the GM may always choose to roll the dice in secret.

WHEN TO ROLL
To avoid bogging down the game in endless die rolls, the GM should only require a success roll if . . .
• A PC’s health, wealth, friends, reputation, or equipment are at risk. This includes chases, combat (even if the target is stationary and at point-blank range!), espionage, thievery, and similar “adventuring” activities.
• A PC stands to gain allies, information, new abilities, social standing, or wealth.

The GM should not require rolls for . . .
• Utterly trivial tasks, such as crossing the street, driving into town, feeding the dog, finding the corner store, or turning on the computer.
• Daily work at a mundane, nonadventuring job.

When the GM Rolls:
There are two sets of circumstances under which the GM should roll for a PC and not let the player see the results:
1. When the character wouldn’t know for sure whether he had succeeded.
2. When the player shouldn’t know what’s going on.

MODIFIERS
The rules often specify modifiers for certain success rolls. These bonuses and penalties affect the number you are rolling against – your “target number” – and not the total rolled on the dice. Bonuses always improve your odds, while penalties always reduce them.

For instance, when using the Lockpicking skill in the dark, the GM might tell you to roll at -5 for the attempt. If your Lockpicking skill is 9, you roll against 9 minus 5, or 4, in the dark. A specific scenario might provide modifiers to allow for the relative ease or difficulty of a particular situation. For instance, an adventure might state that a lock is +10 to open due to the fact that it is primitive and clumsy. If your Lockpicking skill were 9, you would roll against 9 + 10, or 19. Since the highest roll possible on 3d is 18, it would seem that success is assured. Not quite – see Critical Success and Failure, below.

Modifiers are cumulative unless stated otherwise. For instance, if you tried to open that primitive lock in the dark, both modifiers would apply, and you would roll against 9 - 5 + 10, or 14.

Base Skill vs. Effective Skill
Your base skill is your actual level in a skill, as recorded on your character sheet. Your effective skill for a particular task is your base skill plus or minus any modifiers for that task. In the Lockpicking examples above, the base skill is 9 in all cases, while the effective skill is 4, 19, or 14. You may not attempt a success roll if your effective skill is less than 3 unless you are attempting a defense roll (p. 2 cool .

DEGREE OF SUCCESS OR FAILURE
If the total rolled on the dice is less than or equal to your effective skill, you succeed, and the difference between your effective skill and your die roll is your margin of success. Example: If you have effective skill 18 and roll a 12, you succeed; your margin of success is 6.

If you roll higher than your effective skill, you fail, and the difference between the die roll and your effective skill is your margin of failure. Example: If you have effective skill 9 and roll a 12, you fail; your margin of failure is 3. Many rules use margin of success or failure to calculate results that matter in play, so be sure to note it when you roll.

Critical Success and Failure
A roll of 3 or 4 is a critical success. When you roll a critical success, the GM determines what happens. It is always something good!

A roll of 17 or 18 is always a critical failure.  
Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff