Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e Eberron] City of Towers NO LONGER calls for heroes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 am
I was just trying to get abilities that would allow me to stay back help the team and allow the others to dominate the enemy. I normally liked to play the guy that was in the background helping out, not as important as a fighter or mage but with out could have changed the direction of the battle. In 3.5 that was normally the bard with their songs, or a cleric of a god of protection.

I am glad that I could get that kind of character in 4e.

I take it, with you not saying anything else was wrong that I am able to play now?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 am
Arc Vembris
You've got crap for defenses though, so you'll definitely wanna hide near the back, behind your sturdy chain-clad controller.
Eberron, also known as opposite land.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:25 am
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris
You've got crap for defenses though, so you'll definitely wanna hide near the back, behind your sturdy chain-clad controller.
Surprised, I was, when I noticed how much AC I had as a controller. Leave it to Divine classes to expect close combat even when they're suited for the rear lines.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris
Surprised, I was, when I noticed how much AC I had as a controller. Leave it to Divine classes to expect close combat even when they're suited for the rear lines.

Druids have it slightly better, but then they're expected to turn into a bear and fight in melee. But then, with the exception of the shaman, all primal classes are generally tankier than other classes in the same role. The seeker has a comparable AC to an invoker, but all other controller classes wear cloth armor.

But yeah, go ahead and join in  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:16 pm
Hey, I was wondering if there was still the one slot open? And if so, what kind of role you guys would like for the last person? I generally like playing rogues, or at least strikers, but I'm willing to play anything, although I would have to spend some time learning another type of class.

Most of my experience comes from 3.5, but I've been listening to two different 4e podcasts for about a year now, and I've read a lot of the 4e books, so I'm not a complete newb to it, and I really want to try playing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 pm
We have a controller, 2 leaders, a defender, and a striker. A second striker would DEFINITELY be appreciated, IMHO.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 pm
Also, I'm new to play-by-post DnD, although as stated, not DnD itself, nor forum rp'ing. But, I already have my weekends taken up by chat rp's, and I don't have time to stick another 4-hour block somewhere in my schedule for an irl or voice/chat campaign. Hopefully this will help my DnD addiction XD

*starts working on a char to show*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:45 pm
can I ask what podcasts you listen to?

This is no different form Forum rp, as we are essentially RPing in a forum  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:04 pm
Well yeah, but generally there's a lot more leeway in fights and such in the normal rp'ing.

And the two podcasts are Critical Hit and Thursday Knights, both with all episodes available on iTunes. Both are extremely awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 pm
Oh, I've been listening to 4Geeks4E, The Tome Show, and Icosahedrophelia, I know Tome Show has the guy from Critical Hits on often.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:49 pm
I tried listening to Icosahedrophelia, but I dunno, I just couldn't get into it...

I've listened to critical hit almost since it first started, and I just found Thursday Knights a few months ago. Let me tell you, those guys are awesome about bringing their chars to life. And the plot they have is awesome as well.

Argh, still working on this char sheet...is it sad I miss pen and paper?

Also, just for fun, i decided to roll irl to see what I could have gotten for ability stats that way...

Why, standard array, damn you, whyyyyyy? XD

One last thing...I've always started at lvl 1...and only been in one actual campaign (even if it was for a year)...what exactly is "standard equipment" for level 2? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:32 pm
A level 3 magic item, a level 2 magic item, a level 1 magic item, and 360 gp, as well as any mundane items from the regular equipment that you want (p214-222).

Arc might want you to still use 100 gp though for your "initial" gear though, since its still fairly low level. It'd be up to him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am
Yeah, you can still outfit yourself pretty handily on 360gp. You'll get the 360, but you'll still have to buy mundane gear.

I agree that Icosahedrophilia can be a little hard to follow, they talk over each other a lot and you have to listen to side conversations and people eating loudly and dogs and wives in the background, and the host sounds pretty robotic outside of play. Is Thursday Knights another live-play podcast?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:59 am
Yup. They even do a live video stream session when they're actually playing. (on thursday nights XD)

And kk...I work late today, but all I have left is pretty much figuring out attack rolls, the magic item/equipment stuff, and appearance/personality/background, which I can write pretty quickly.

edit: here, just for you guys to take a look over the unfinished thing, see if it looks alright so far lol

Aeronwyn, Razorclaw Shifter Rogue

Double edit: are you allowing stuff from the Essentials line? Only I just found a bunch of awesome powers that would work great with my char  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 pm
She looks good, just don't forget your class bonus to reflex.

You can join in the roleplay as soon as you can  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces