Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Cavern's Gate (D&D 3.5, Started, closed to new members)(OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm
Thhartokk
Seeing as we have three allied humanoids, want to start now?

and if your friend doesn't want to be in charge put my vote towards the gnome. I'm playing an axe-crazy ditz, so me leading is, in my opinion, out of the question. I thought a rogue would make a good leader since she is technically autonomous, can detect traps, etc, and with the newb in charge the game would move at her pace.

Unfortunately, Fai skipped out on school today. This means her inventory sheet still isn't filled out, nor is anything else connected to it (since it's too complicated with the weapons and everything for me to Skype-talk her through it, and I don't think she has the PH). Thus, the campaign is now delayed ad minimum until Monday afternoon, most likely around 8:00 or so.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 am
Before facing the dragon, not allowed to glaze the elf.

Ah, but I really want to, crying  

Alzzak

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 pm
Did you buy any weapons or armor, Laeless? You might want to invest in a sling...

On an obviously completely unrelated note, what would real-world physics say about a boulder shrunken to the size of a sling pellet with Shrink Item, flung from a sling? In terms of damage, if it were to, say, grow to normal size mid-air?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm
TheGlen
If the DM has to get out the rules for siege weapons for my Level 1 character, he's out.

^From the List, see House Rule 1. Also, some of the rules on the List won't apply past certain levels, including the one above. Note: Rules on the List apply to characters of your level if they allow damage that is disproportionate to that done by normal characters of your level.

Also, Fai and I are talking out inventory and character sheet issues over Skype now, since she was out of school with some sort of stomach bug today. Hopefully we'll finish up soon and then the campaign can start later tonight. If Fai and I don't get all the kinks out of her profile by tonight, tomorrow night will be our starting point.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
Arthur Auditore rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-8)

Arthur Auditore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm
rolling  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:31 pm
Slight change in plans, campaign will start tomorrow since I'm too busy tonight to help Fai work out the kinks in her profile over a text-chat. If one of you guys wants to try it out be my guest, but weekend crapsackness and weekday homeworkness are overstressing me and I don't want to IM this profile out with her.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 pm
Can I play someone intentionally lawful evil?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Can I play someone intentionally lawful evil?
Yes, but note that alignment is only relevant in the dungeon itself. While on the surface everyone's alignment is shifted forcefully to Neutral Apathetic. (True Neutral with character flaw "Doesn't Give A Damn.")

Also, what kind of "Lawful Evil" specifically? Devil-evil, where you follow hierarchy while maintaining sadism, or politician-evil, where you exploit loopholes in the in-game legal system for your own gain?

Fair warning, attempting the latter in OOC will give me a reason to include high-CR good-aligned creatures for no particular reason.

Also, in case I haven't mentioned it already, and for emphasis in case I have:

GRAPPLING DOES NOT EXIST. ALONE OF ALL ACTIONS IN THIS CAMPAIGN, ATTEMPTING TO INITIATE IT WILL GET YOUR CHARACTER KILLED INSTANTLY AND WITH NO WARNING.

In this circumstance, normal res-protocol does not apply. You are revived at L0 and barred from re-entering the current dungeon. I do not put up with grappling in 3.5 in any context. I apologize if this makes any currently-selected feats or class features useless, you may replace them with an equivalent at your own discretion.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:19 pm
Shrink item is a 3rd level spell. I'm just into preparing for the future.

Well. This will be interesting, to say the least.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 pm
Thhartokk
Shrink item is a 3rd level spell. I'm just into preparing for the future.

Well. This will be interesting, to say the least.
I know, and Shrink Item will work so long as it's for food or other similar items.But using it to turn a pebble into a flying boulder necessitates siege rules being brought out. If I have to do that for a character that can't do that much damage with some other spell, then you roll a save to stop the boulder going off early and crushing you.

Interesting indeed.

Also, because it's getting too cluttered and I like brevity (and screwball antics, which my rules pretty much slaughter...), I'll be pruning the House Rules list later tonight or early tomorrow morning. In fact, I'll be reducing it to these rules:

1. If I say an action of yours doesn't work and post in OOC that you now have one Death-By-Stupidity: warning, doing it again will result in your death. If I say you have an Annihilation-By-Stupidity: warning, doing it again will result in you being kicked back to L0. Certain actions, including attempting anything that breaks the dungeon or that is a part of the baseline rules of the campaign's causal setting results in two Annihilation-By-Stupidity.
2. Attempting to initiate a grapple or bring the grapple rules into play via any method will result in you being kicked to L0 and locked out of the current dungeon.
3. Anything shown in DMotR, Chainmail Bikini, or any webcomic linked to from the other one is covered in the instant-ABS clause in Rule 1.
3.5. This applies to xkcd as well.
3.5.5. In addendum, referencing xkcd in any fashion while in-character is ABS and possibly getting kicked out of the roleplay. That guy is just messed.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm
~eh.
My DM just says that boulders deal 10d8 bludgeoning damage, hilariously subject to the same miss chance that sling pellets are.

Soooooooooooo

can we start soon?

EDIT: Can we add a Bloodline to our characters?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:59 am
Thhartokk
~eh.
My DM just says that boulders deal 10d8 bludgeoning damage, hilariously subject to the same miss chance that sling pellets are.

Soooooooooooo

can we start soon?

EDIT: Can we add a Bloodline to our characters?
Then you can use Shrink Item on a boulder once you have other spells that can deal that much damage.

We'll start once Fai finishes up her character sheet. She and I would have done it yesterday, but the school's wifi blocks myth-weavers, and she didn't have the page up when she came to school, so we were stuck with giving her padded armor and two daggers and calling it a day. If we don't finish up today, screw three people, I'll start with two and Fai can be a latecomer. Or I'll just bring in a generic Rogue that'll be replaced with Iggy (Fai's character) when she finishes up her CS.

You may add up to two bloodlines. If you do choose to add two, however, your base race is overwritten with the bloodline that provides the lower ECL (or the most mundane if both provide identical ECL changes). In other words, choosing to add half-dragon and half-celestial would cause your base race to change to one of those two, even if your previous race was half-orc. Which reminds me, half-orcs and half-elves are considered full-blooded orcs and elves for the purposes of this rule. Each may add two, the first one overwrites their non-orc/elf ancestry.

And bloodlines are subject to the restrictions of biology and in-game mechanics. A half-dragon gnome is highly unlikely because dragons have too much pride to transform into something so small, and any larger race wouldn't... fit.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 am
Naw, I don't mean half-breeds, I mean Bloodlines.
You take a level of your bloodline at specific points depending on how strong it is, and you get specific bonuses as you level up, continuously. Minor bloodlines take one level, moderate two, and major three.

Fluff-wise, it represents the fact that somewhere further back than your mother or father there was a member of the ___ race in your ancestry.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:09 pm
Thhartokk
Naw, I don't mean half-breeds, I mean Bloodlines.
You take a level of your bloodline at specific points depending on how strong it is, and you get specific bonuses as you level up, continuously. Minor bloodlines take one level, moderate two, and major three.

Fluff-wise, it represents the fact that somewhere further back than your mother or father there was a member of the ___ race in your ancestry.
I've never heard of this before in my life, and the only reason I use v.3.5 instead of the easier-to-utilize v.4.0 is because I've read the 3.5 books through so many times I've got the system damn near memorized. I might integrate this into a future campaign, thanks for showing me, but this close to launch I'm going to just say no. Sorry.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 pm
The game will launch now. Posts for dice go in this thread, I will be creating an IC thread directly after posting this.

Fai will go last in posting order, or possibly be a late arrival for the party. This is party because she is having difficulty with balancing her stats (a STR of 3 means she can barely carry her armor and daggers) and partly because I'm getting tired of waiting.

BEGIN!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces