Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Halloween ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you participate in Halloween?
  No, but I used to
  No, and I never did
  Yes, I participate in it every year!
  Sometimes..
View Results

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 pm
Azkeel
Candy= diabetes haha
So that's a good reason to not support it. It's a corporate holiday to sell childhood obesity. So really it's a capitalist holiday. Gotta buy costumes and candy. If you don't supply candy your house gets egged. So in that it has a tone of wrath. The whole trick or treat scenario. You're essentially teaching your kids to blackmail people into getting what they want. Gotta look at it from a non-worldy prespective. It takes away your identity by dressing up as something you aren't which is then a lie. So it's a holiday about lies and wrath. "Fun" seems to be pretty deadly.

You can't blame corporations for kids getting diabetes. That blame would fall on the kid's shoulders because they chose to eat too much candy. It would also fall on the parent's because they didn't educate their children in proper diet or restrict the amount of candy their kid gets.

And my house has never gotten egged or TP'd because I didn't supply candy to all the kiddies of the neighbourhood.

How is trick-or-treating teaching kids blackmail?

And how are corporations greedy just because they market candy and costumes? They organize and order in merchandise according to what the customer wants. So if customers didn't want costumes, then corportations wouldn't produce them. So who really is greedy?

I don't see how Halloween is a holiday of lies and wrath, just because some one dresses up in a costume. There are lots of examples in the bible where people have dressed up and pretended to be some thing or some one they are not. Sarah, Abraham's wife pretended to be his sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm
You're actually choosing to debate this...

First off show me a corporation that isn't greedy and I will show you a failed corporation. Sugar is a highly addictive substance. So what's the point of halloween but to eat candy? Yes the parents would be at fault. But the corporations play into it as well. (^This part doesn't even matter. It's irrelevent compared to the real sins)

Trick or treat the simple phrase itself is a form of threat which is blackmail. Give me a treat or you get a trick. So how is threatening not wrathful? Because a child says it? Well if they don't mean it then they fall under the lie catagory. A little white lie is still a lie.

Dressing up in a costume and the child saying I'm superman is a lie. Or them stating they are a witch is a lie. What you see as harmless is truely evil and the works of iniquity.

And why would you let satan twist the words of the bible for you to use to justify a tradition that is by no means Christian?

I expose these things with love. I am not going to sugar coat things to please people. There is the right way and the wrong way. Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins; not as an excuse to dwell in iniquity. By no means is this an attack on you.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Azkeel
You're actually choosing to debate this...

First off show me a corporation that isn't greedy and I will show you a failed corporation. Sugar is a highly addictive substance. So what's the point of halloween but to eat candy? Yes the parents would be at fault. But the corporations play into it as well. (^This part doesn't even matter. It's irrelevent compared to the real sins)

A corporation is only in business because people purchase their products. If people stop wanting the products then the corp. goes out of business.
Quote:
Trick or treat the simple phrase itself is a form of threat which is blackmail. Give me a treat or you get a trick. So how is threatening not wrathful? Because a child says it? Well if they don't mean it then they fall under the lie catagory. A little white lie is still a lie.

I was taught that the trick-or-treat phrase is some thing the kid says as question. They are asking the person passing out candy "are you giving me a treat or a trick?" I see no black mail in that or any thing that has to do with white lies.

Quote:
Dressing up in a costume and the child saying I'm superman is a lie. Or them stating they are a witch is a lie. What you see as harmless is truely evil and the works of iniquity.

So it's not okay for a kid to pretend that they are a princess or a puppy when they are playing in their bed rooms or pretend that their dolls are a live at a tea party? I don't know how many times I have seen a kid, my own kid included, pretend that she was a princess or some action hero from a movie that they really liked or book they love to read. My daughter loves to put on her little plastic tiara and pretend to be a princess. How is that wrong? According to your logic, it's not okay for them to use their imaginations because it's iniquity.

Quote:
And why would you let satan twist the words of the bible for you to use to justify a tradition that is by no means Christian?
Where did Satan twist the words of the Bible for me. I was simply pulling an example that Halloween isn't the only time people or kids pretend to be some thing they are not.

Quote:
I expose these things with love. I am not going to sugar coat things to please people. There is the right way and the wrong way. Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins; not as an excuse to dwell in iniquity. By no means is this an attack on you.
I wasn't expecting you to sugar coat any thing. Since when was celebrating a holiday a sin? Jesus never spoke against any of them and until He does there is nothing wrong with celebrating them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 am
gothic_black_rose
They worship Satan and sacrifice stuff on others day too. They sacrifice things on the spring equinox, which is the same day as Easter, so should we not celebrate that as well. People do evil things all the time. Do you ever watch the news? There are murders, thiefs, and what not happing on all the other days of the year too. So should we just stop our lives because of what other people do? Seriously, people just get so blinded by legalism sometimes.

Wow.. Why does is seem like people want to bite my head off in Christian Guilds over Halloween?

I never once said that there wasn't evil things happening on other days too. I was talking about October 31, not another day.

Testicular Diabetes, said that there was none on that day, which is October 31 and I was saying that there is on that day (just like any other day, but I wasn't talking about any other day, I was talking about October 31st).

I really think that Satan is deceiving people about Halloween more then we all think and it breaks my heart. But whatever, because I'll probably get lashed at more if I talk more about Halloween.  

Hitoma

7,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:55 am
To: Shadows-shine

If trick or treat is them asking a question then you would be correct. All preception.

It's not ok to pretend. Are they a princess? Are they a puppy? No thus is it a lie. Am I talking to a child right now or an adult? I'll tell you what's up because you insist on debating the topic. As for myself I'm not to consider iniquity but I will show you that it is. It's not a gray zone. (I'm not going to bash a child for doing it but I will point it out to an adult.)

The words have been twisted to defend yourself when Abram was before the ten comandments. You were using it as an excuse. He did it; why can't they? Thou shalt not lie.

I'm really not trying to argue the matter because it really is black and white to me. All in faith and I don't have the faith to celebrate Halloween the way that is normally accepted. If you do then fine I'm not to consider the iniquities I'm just exposing it because this topic was up for debate. A lie is a lie, one wouldn't call a wolf a sheep.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Br1ttana
42-iMpErFeCtLy-pErFeCt-24

2: Christmas is not a Pagan holiday
• Giving presents represents the giving of Christ by God (makes sense huh)
• I have no idea how Santa, Christmas trees and stuff raps into things, so don't ask me.
• What happened was that the idea of Christmas, started with Jesus' birth, the birth of Christ (hence the name CHRISTmas) over many many years media has abolished all of these sacred ideas and traditions with Santa and trees and stockings. It's a giving holiday, but it's been turned into a receiving holiday, which really sucks because now when you try to get kids to help with things like making meals for the homeless or giving toys for orphans, they don't because all their lives they were taught "I get what I want, with nothing in return" which is not how anyone should live.

Okay I'm done ranting biggrin

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

It came from a Pagan holiday though. That is what it has came to be, the celebration of Christ's birth.

1. Christmas= Christ's Mass..His death not his birth. Even further Mass means, by definition, "death of Christ".

2. Even though no one knows when exactly Jesus was born because the Bible does not say exactly, with everything that it does say, his birth was around late Summer or early Autumn.

3. Christ never said to honor his birth but his Death because by that we are saved.

4. How could it start with his birth if no one even knew he was born yet, then everyone hated him for the rest of his life so how could and why would they celebrate his birth?

5. @Your first bullet point- The popular thought or "fact" of the giving of presents thing, is the Magi giving presents to baby Jesus....Which doesn't work either because it actually took them a while to get to Jesus untill he wasn't exactly a little baby anymore.

More info:

Link 1

Link 2

Because grey will not do.

Also, take into account that one of the Caesars changed the yearly calendar (I think to accommodate their names) and before it was changed, what is December could have been in a different season entirely.  

myusikah

Dapper Genius

Robotic Chewie19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 am
Ace Unknown
.. άηđ ʈɦɘɾɘ ράρά ȴάƴѕ

Does anyone know the purpose of Halloween, why it's a holiday, and why does it involve candy? eek
And also, what's so bad about it?
User Image

ɨη †ɦɘ ϭάɾđɘη σᵳ ɦσησɾ

The Devil's Night
Boo  
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items