Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Pathetic Wapanese people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wintus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:00 pm
Hypocrite. If you're here to just call us weeaboos and wapanese, then why are you really here? I think you should seriously reconsider why you're in this guild. neutral

Edit:
Also, I'll have you know that there are real maid cafes there, like in anime and manga.

It depends on what anime/manga you watch/read. Fantasy like Code Geass, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc., etc. make you think it's full of magical girls, little schoolgirls, etc., etc. Well it depends on what part of Japan you move to or go to.

neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 pm
"I used Japanese and English in the same sentience...But thats because I do not know enough Japanese not to and I am learning....that makes me a fanatic and deserve to be called a derogatory name? I do not understand you people. I was raised in a very Mixed Asian state..Hawaii. How can you be rude like that? Everyone just wants others to be nice and polite...'You get what you give' is the saying na?
Well, sorry I rambled on and on. I just felt the need to add my 'two pennies'. "  

Ura the rainbow King
Crew

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rocking Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:08 pm
Amyroth
As long as we're discussing this on the internet, I think we should follow rule 44 of the internet.

Rule 46  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 am
Ura the rainbow King
"I used Japanese and English in the same sentience...But thats because I do not know enough Japanese not to and I am learning....that makes me a fanatic and deserve to be called a derogatory name? I do not understand you people. I was raised in a very Mixed Asian state..Hawaii. How can you be rude like that? Everyone just wants others to be nice and polite...'You get what you give' is the saying na?
Well, sorry I rambled on and on. I just felt the need to add my 'two pennies'. "

Well if you use English and Japanese in the same sentence, you should probably learn more before you say anything. It's very annoying to the people around you and even to your friends. Just saying.  

Kairi_Kozplayr

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Kuroneko 316

5,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:29 am
As much as I hate it, he has a point. It's not good to hear a mixture of Japanese and English, and it's not good to hear two languages combined. But there are times that Japanese words are based on English like good morning desu -I don't know how to spell it in Japanese-.

It's not like I'm offending people, but for my part, it's just not right. Isn't it quite...weird if you would hear, "You know, you're so kirei."? It's just that if you want to speak Japanese, you should learn how to speak Japanese.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:00 am
Gotta agree there. Even in the Philippines, mixing English with Tagalog is looked down upon. While we call English mixed with Japanese, "wapanese", we call Tagalog mixed with English, "konyo". It is very annoying to many people.

Classic example over here: "I want to pierce the fishballs!" => "I want to make tusok-tusok the fishballs!"

In the same way: "That kitten is so cute!" => "That koneko is so kawaii desu!"  

Meriru

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 am
Kuroneko 316
As much as I hate it, he has a point. It's not good to hear a mixture of Japanese and English, and it's not good to hear two languages combined. But there are times that Japanese words are based on English like good morning desu -I don't know how to spell it in Japanese-.

It's not like I'm offending people, but for my part, it's just not right. Isn't it quite...weird if you would hear, "You know, you're so kirei."? It's just that if you want to speak Japanese, you should learn how to speak Japanese.

The only reason I'll combine them is because it helps me remember the words better. Because I have a difficult time remembering some of the words, so replacing the English words with Japanese helps me. I don't mean to be an ignorant person ;-; Its just easier for me to learn it that way, since I am learning it independantly since my school cut the program. But I still speak full sentances in Japanese depending on what I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am
"Well then the Japanese people I associate with do not mind. They usually just smile and tell me the word in Japanese, and my friends and I talk in pidgin (Brocken English mixed with Hawaiian and other words) and Japanese. To each their own beliefs though? Ehh?"  

Ura the rainbow King
Crew

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 pm
I don't think that I'm Japanese, I'm Australian but I love japanese culture. I think that its a bit rude to say that. I sometimes mix my english and japanese. I may have been learning for 9 years, but I'm not amazing. Some people have a reason for mixing their words. Ok my point is, I know japanese people don't particulary like some Americans, but its like everyhere else, Heaps of people don't like each other. Please don't use those words unless you are pine being called them yourself. Its not nice and nobody deserves it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:48 pm
i agree with you all the way Kyoki thats the same for me
Kyoki DirzettE
Kuroneko 316

The only reason I'll combine them is because it helps me remember the words better. Because I have a difficult time remembering some of the words, so replacing the English words with Japanese helps me. I don't mean to be an ignorant person ;-; Its just easier for me to learn it that way, since I am learning it independantly since my school cut the program. But I still speak full sentances in Japanese depending on what I'm talking about.

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

Rocking Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm
I find this rather interesting because english speaking people mix english with other languages all the time, mainly French, and don't get put down for it. Which is even more amusing in England because we as a culture hate the French. I wonder why it's so different with Japanese?

Maybe because too many people think all those who do this fit this description?

Kairi_Kozplayr
Worship the Japanese and call their own race/country inferior
Cosplay
People who only want to go because of anime and manga or because of the cosplays
People who want to go just so they can where the school uniforms. (Yes, the uniforms do look like they came straight out of an anime, but they are also itchy and uncomfortable.)
People who call themselves Japanese just because they know the language.
People who learn Japanese just to translate anime or manga.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 pm
Quote:
The Japanese are very racist against westerners, but just don't say anything to your face. (most of the time). He isn't trolling, he's telling you the truth.

I think this is irrevalent (sp?) because there will be hateful people in every country. So why point out that Japanese people are rascist against westerners?
Quote:
Worship the Japanese and call their own race/country inferior

I find Japan superior to America (the country in which I live) only because of religion. If it weren't for that, the two countries would be on equal footing for me.

Quote:
Use English and Japanese in the same sentence, like "omg, so kawaii!"

That makes me rage to see people do that. Especially at anime cons.

Quote:
People who only want to go because of anime and manga or because of the cosplays

I actually want to go because I've been studying the language for several years and want to help teach English.

Quote:
People who call themselves Japanese just because they know the language.

You're the first person I've seen that thinks like that.

Quote:
People who learn Japanese just to translate anime or manga.

I watch or sometimes watch anime to help with my Japanese. While I can't understand everything that's said, it becomes easier for me to pick apart words.

I hope you didn't find what I posted to be hostile. I just wanted to voice my opinion on some of the points you made. Some of them were good, others were bad.  

HardGayFooo

jacard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 am
Okay first off to the op, have you heard of "culture shock", yes this is a highly studdied and accepted fact. It states: those who grew up in one society that have not heard or studdied it in depth when they visit another country the shock of seeing how things are so diferent will shock them so much they may even start to hate this society. The shock will cause them spiral into a depression of sorts and this may even continue when their visit is over and they have returned home.

Now to comment to the thread. I am Not Japanese, actually I am probably one of the Whites guys ever. My family orgins are german and irish. so yeah. I have been obbsessed with the Japanese culture, language and people ever since I was a toddler. Even my family thought I was born in the wrong country.Sadley I wasn't able to start studding Japan until I entered college. Now I am a double major in Japanese and anthropology. I plan on visiting Japan when possible. I am learning japanses and studding the culture.
I do agree that speaking two languages in one sentence is awkward, but I also understand the difficulting in wanting to understand Japanese and think it eisier to know what you're saying in english but to say it in japanese, to people who understand the language, so the student can remember it. Though for me, Note cards is alot easier when trying to learn, but thats off topic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Well, of course maid cafes exist. D: <

What are you, in the real world....?  

Magical Mess

Big Noob

kinzy15

Blessed Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm
Okay! For the people think Japanese people are racist, losers, and sluts you know what I call you? Stereotypical people!
To be honest we Japanese aren't any of those yea they get mad at Americans wanna know why? You all bombed Hiroshima... But can you blame them? It's was horrible thing, And when ever we talk about pearl harbor I get glared at.. HA guess what when we talk about Hiroshima I late at everyone in my class so it's pretty normal. Japan is nothing like china it's very clean, bright, and amazing. It full of life.
And don't be disrespecting! We invented the wii! Yea, the DS, the gameboys and look at all you guys gaming on all these stuff. Thank thin don't diss them. And Tokyo haha Tokyo is amazing! I <3 that place! I can randomly walk around Tokyo by myself and not get kidnapped I mean Tokyo is like a safe version of New York. It's alot of fun in Japan  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff