Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
☆ Need to Talk? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm
this is probably the only guild where i can find site mods all the time cat_3nodding
awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 pm
tikaboo
I think this is a great idea. Just be careful to all the people who volunteer to listen and help. Im not sure what kind of qualifications people have to give advice but my suggestion would be to make sure you have some help line numbers to pass on if someone is in need of some real life help. like in a case of suicide or bullying or any kind of abuse. that is a heavy load to bear if people need that kind of help. I am over 30 years young and have a bit of life experience. Everyone needs someone to talk to at times. kudos to the people who stepped up and put their name on the list.

Amen to this - I agree with everything that you said and I too am over 30 years young!

Add me to the list. I'm new-ish to the guild and plan on being much more active. I'm willing to listen if people need me to do so.  

CatMamaJazz

Feline Collector

13,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • OTP 200
  • Waffles! 25

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 pm
I need help, I really do now. I won't give detailed descriptions but hopefully enough throughout this

Since about maybe a year ago, or at least a few months ago I been dealing with anxiety, my phobias.. as well as my younger brother. Now I know people will say, "Oh it's just brother and sister fights, it happens all the time." And indeed it does, but I take it more deeply, and get easily emotional when he makes fun of me. Awhile ago, sometimes he said I needed to loose weight, even around our two cousins who usually always came over back then. And at first I kinda shook it off, and sometimes laughed but later on it started to hit me harder.

I currently go to therapy for my phobia of balloons and such, and also now my anxiety of going to school, but we also talk about things such as life, my family, etc. So I started to bring up my brother and my therapist understood. At least some understand.. I know fifteen and sixteen are the years girls usually are concerned about how they look and all. Honestly I'm not, but I am. I am trying to do something about it.. like eating less and healthier, (though I never eaten tons of junk food.) I really only have 'baby fat' as some people call it. And also sometimes he also just bothers me over all, and doesn't understand I get easily emotional. My father stands up for me, but my mom only does sometimes and shakes it off saying like. "Oh, hes just teasing." She honestly doesn't know how much it hurts.

Though I talk about it to my father and also my therapist, I feel depressed at different times to, maybe because of thinking negative thoughts.. but sometimes I can't help it. I'm usually a shy, but bubbly girl. And though I never told anyone, I have thought of suicide, but I would never do that. Just because how my friends and family will feel after I was gone. But it just lingers in my mind. While I am a Christian and such, I do not believe Suicide will send you straight to Hell. I mean, God must forgive those who feel hurt inside, and also those who have no one to turn to in the end. I just don't know what to do..

I feel like the computer is also a way out of thinking negative thoughts, even though now you see tons of cyber bullying. And honestly I never been bullied online nor at school. And I also feel the computers a way to find others across the world who actually get how you feel. I hate how they say now, being addicted to the computer is a illness. I am obsessed and I would get easily bored if I didn't have it, or anything to do at the most.. The only thing that makes me happy are my parents, the rest of my family, friends, my pets, getting into hobbies, and drawing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 am

I was never good at handling my own problems,
however I am amazing with others.
Many call me the Mini-Psychologist.
Mainly because I don't have an actual degree,
although I look to get one. cat_whee

I would love to be there for others,
lend a helping hand and guide.
heart

MochiiMon

Interesting Genius

2,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

ViscidVillette

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 am
I just have to say this is a phenomenal idea. Oftentimes I'd love someone to talk to, even if only to vent, and im sure this will help a TON of people. Now I know where to go next time im stressing out about school/work/etc...this guild just keeps getting better and better!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 am
kudos to this thread and to the people who are willing to help.
i would like to help others too through this thread...  

siophaooo

Mythical Giver

PatBenatar1

Beloved Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:28 am
this is a great idea!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 pm
tikaboo
I think this is a great idea. Just be careful to all the people who volunteer to listen and help. Im not sure what kind of qualifications people have to give advice but my suggestion would be to make sure you have some help line numbers to pass on if someone is in need of some real life help. like in a case of suicide or bullying or any kind of abuse. that is a heavy load to bear if people need that kind of help. I am over 30 years young and have a bit of life experience. Everyone needs someone to talk to at times. kudos to the people who stepped up and put their name on the list.

I agree with the statement of have qualifications. It would make someone asking for help feel a lot safer.

Azyiie

Human

18,450 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200

Common Pothead

Nimble Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 am
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:51 am
Updated the list of names of those willing to help (some people on it had quit Gaia or left the NSTG) and added a little disclaimer/note at the end of the first post. Be well and know that you are loved.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Sammmmmmmer

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:45 am
This is just GREAT!! c:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:12 am
Guys, how did you put pictures in your signature? mine don't work crying  

Kitana Lui

Wrathful Mystic

19,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Wry Dealer 500

Caimbrie

Magical Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:56 am
kitanalui15

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There is a particular code which you use; User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. . You can find it under the small icon, IMG which you see above when you post a reply (excluding quick replies). If you mean you don't know what a URL is, a url is a code that will take you somewhere. www.gaiaonline.com itself is a url. When you find a nice IMG on google, click for a direct link (if it's photobucket/what img uploader you use), or left click for an img URL. Simply put it in your signature. You can always go for the NSTG help desk next time for more help if needed (you'll get faster replies this way), either way good luck emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 am
reality warping..wew  

Kyuzki

Newbie Noob

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Mr Celtic Enigma

Revered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:27 pm
This is quite a beautiful thing to see. Definitely helps when there are many people willing to help anyone with anything at anytime. Well done.  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff