Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Why did/are you learning Japanese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It was...
anime~ ;D
36%
 36%  [ 50 ]
other. ^w^
63%
 63%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 136

Shasita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 am
I didn't start learning Japanese because of anime. But anime was the first thing that kind of got me interested in Japan. I started listening Japanese music and I looked up things about the culture and started to get more and more into the country, language, culture and people. Especially the old culture really appealed to me.

So... when I was looking for a business education, I stumbled upon this school that teaches Japanese. It was a business education too, so apart from Japanese, you would get economy, ICT classes, internal communication, marketing communication etc etc. I liked the sound of that, so I enrolled. Finished my first year now and I still love it <3 Even went to Japan for a summer course that lasted 11 days. Of course travelled around a bit before the course begun, so I stayed in Kyoto, Osaka and Nabari and visited a couple of other cities. I will have to do an internship next year, then I will have to study several months at a Japanese university. Can't wait whee

Btw, we get several exchange students from Japan each year. So we have native speakers to conversate with. Lucky us ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 am
I began studying Japanese because I became very interested in its culture. I suppose it started with anime, but it is not the main reason for me learning the language. Japanese culture is very prevalent in anime, and this made me want to find out more about their culture. I decided to enroll in a Japanese language course 2 years ago, and I enjoy studying the language very much. I am always interested to find out about Japan's history as well as what is going on in the country in terms of current events and technology.

Shasita, just out of curiosity, what school is this?

Sontasia

Shasita

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 am
It's in the Netherlands; Zuyd University. It is only a university of applied science though...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:05 pm
Even so, from the way you described it, it still sounds like a nice university smile  

Sontasia

iGoRawrX

9,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 pm
I started with my friend introducing me to manga in 5th grade. After that I started listening to Utada Hikaru and watching anime.

I'm learning Japanese in High School now, and I think its a lot of fun. :]
I try to watch anime too but I never have enough time. Can't get enough of my J-Pop, dramas and manga though >w<

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:04 am
I suppose it was video games such as dynasty warriors and anime like outlaw star. although dynasty warriors is a game based in china and i was interested in both japanese and chinese. I was more influenced by the japanese culture. not just ninjas and samurais but their whole feudal era and their ideals and philosophies  

Tai Yukimura
Crew

Hiten Dark Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:22 am
A_n_n_a
Just curious; I had someone the other day say something bad about Japanese,
and ask my why I choose that lauguage.
I had a lot of reasons before, but since he said it--I can't remember.

I think I started learning when I was nine because of anime,
but then I didn't like anime so much anymore, and just loved the modern culture & history,
and learning such a fun lauguage in general~
purikura☆, creativeness in anything that sells, politeness, the schools, bowing, etcetc.

But why did YOU learn Japanese~ ?

i truly havent learned much of it, at all.
but i wish too becaus i have a love for some of the japanese culture and history.
one of my favorite history instances was when my favorite conquror Ganghis Kahn, his army was known unstopable, primarily due to it's mass size, his grandson lead it to take japan, the first battle was so intense both sides retreated not knowing the victor, and when they returned, the japanese had BUILT A WALL, and said many prayers, the massive army of if i rem around 40,000 ships was stuck in the water trying to find a way into japan, when a huge storm hit and killed the ENTIRE army
Ganghis was my favorite over the facts of how he did things, much different to Alexander "the great", he infact controlled 8 times the amount of land that alexander did.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:02 pm
Actually learned it because I love the fashion and hope to some day move to Japan as a fashion designer. But what really got me hooked was the food and the history of the culture, and of course, I stayed for the anime! heart  

Gabby_lover19

3,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

letter-kei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:12 am
いい質問だよね。最初からは、やっぱりアニメだったけど、毎日どんどんアニメを見なくて、日本の音楽も聞かないし...Well, I think in the end, I just love languages, and Japanese is one of the more beautiful languages I have ever encountered, and the definitely the most satisfying to learn! I haven't studied in a long time though and am getting pretty rusty...It's really embarrassing sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:14 am
Gabby_lover19
Actually learned it because I love the fashion and hope to some day move to Japan as a fashion designer. But what really got me hooked was the food and the history of the culture, and of course, I stayed for the anime! heart

That sounds amazing! I wish you luck! I really like the fashion in Shibuya and especially traditional clothing. Harajuku fashion is also really interesting, but it kinda gets a little too crazy for me, haha  

letter-kei

Mejiriya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 am
I want to help with translating mangas XD so I'm trying to learn japanese...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:45 pm
To tell you the truth, I actually got interested in Japanese because all the anime I was watching was in Japanese, and I wanted to actually be able to understand it.

Now, I want to go to Japan to be a Christian Missionary, so that's the main reason now.  

Vilacrimis

ElectricPiilot

Beloved Friend

6,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:09 pm
I learned Japanese because I was very interested in their culture, and I had a lot of free time on my hands. Now I can say things out loud and people won't know what I'm saying because it's in Japanese.

I also plan to visit Japan sometime soon.
Such a beautiful place~!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:18 pm
こんにちは、みんな。最初から私は外国語好きし、日本史や文化が好きし、日本語には興味があった。

Hello, everyone. From the start, because I liked foreign languages in general, as well as Japanese history and culture, I became interested in the Japanese language.

_____∧∧   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
~' ____( ゚Д゚)<  ハウディ!!
  UU    U U    \_______  

burai_tex

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm
I started learning it because I started it in Prep. and I've learnt it all through my schooling until now where I have to learn it by Distance ed...  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff