Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Tutorials
Corsets & Chest-Binders - Oh, my! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Since me and my 11 year old sister as crossplaying, I don't want to freak my mom out with binding. Besides sports bras, what else can we use as fist-timers and not to make my mother flip?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:54 pm
Sadistic Rainbows
Since me and my 11 year old sister as crossplaying, I don't want to freak my mom out with binding. Besides sports bras, what else can we use as fist-timers and not to make my mother flip?

Depending on your size, layers underneath might work. I don't recommend ace bandages or duct tape for binding, because that is the most freakiest thing you will ever experience. It could get tricky if it's too warm, or you plan on doing any exercise at all. Basically, if you plan on breathing, duct tape and ace bandages are not for you.

If you have the money, you can buy something from underworks. I'll give some links, one is specifically made for women, I believe. Tri Top Chest Binder

The model is male, but salsababy2889 says it works well. Extreme Chest Concealer Tank  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am
Would sports bra's work?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 am
Sadistic Rainbows
Would sports bra's work?

In my personal experience, I have to say it only helps. I'm on the busty side though (34E...I must've grown, 'cause I was only 34DD D smile

I heard it works for people with less boobage xD  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 pm
Hypocritical Persecution
For Christmas this year I asked for a chest binder from I think Underworks, so I could crossplay, but also for casual wear, because I cannot for the life me get comfortable wearing a bra, or even find a bra in the correct size. My mom told me no, that they didn't work, she'd tried them when she was younger, she wasn't going to buy one for me, especially sicne they are pricey.

I still need one, because I'm a 34DD, and ace bandage binding ain't gonna cut it D:

My mom's also not very happy about me cosplaying, or my interest in anime/manga.
My mom isn't proud about me cosplaying and she hates anime and manga but she accepts it kinda...she tells me to shut up everytime I mention cosplay. Anyway she refuses to let me crossplay and about that chest thing I am a 36 d I have found if you get a slightly to small sports bra and it should strap you down fairly well...I am still trying to figure out what to do being I am a poor girl with wants that a really expensive  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm
In recent experimentation I have found that glad wrap works just fine if you don't mind being slightly uncomfortable and sweaty. smile  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 pm
MisaMaiValentine
In recent experimentation I have found that glad wrap works just fine if you don't mind being slightly uncomfortable and sweaty. smile

That's kind of scary gonk

Have you ever thought about wearing a tank top underneath? Or do you already?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm
Sadistic Rainbows

Got my chest compression shirt today! I ordered Large, which exactually was probably a bit big, but it flattens me pretty well, and my mom says I look skinny. It has a relaxed tummy, and I'm pretty skinny in my torso aside from my boobs, but it nevers shows because of my boobs.

Crossplay here I come!

It's super comfortable too. I'm wearing as I write!  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm
So...I tried binding for my last con using the bandage method and I died of pain so I had to take it off. Are the compression shirts or whatever those things are called that are made for binding not (as) painful or will they still hurt? I'm a 34C if that helps.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 pm
... I may have to get one of these "compression shirts". Thank you all for the advice...  

jyrotika

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Synthetic Air

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:13 am
1: Do any of you bind your chests? Yes, almost everyday. I'm about a 30DD or bigger, don't keep track, so it's just a lot easier since it's an uncommon size. xD
2: Have any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Guys breast are higher up than girls, so the further down they go, the less convincing it is. Go for to the side and up, not in the center and down. xD (that creates a uniboob and that's just weird)
3: Any great compression shirts you've found? Underworks binders work well ^^ (though you still have to wear a baggy shirt or slouch) I think mine is like a 983 or something, it's the half shirt one------go for the longer version unless you show your stomach, like for Sai cosplays, because the short version kinda flips up and also emphasizes your waist a bit. (or makes one appear, if you're like me and don't have one)

I'm making a corset for my Lulu cosplay. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 pm
1: Do any of you bind your chests?
Yeah, I bind every single day. Of course, that's because I'm a FtM (female to male transgender).

2: Have any tips or tricks you'd like to share?
Well, I only use compression vests from underworks, so not really. The only tip that I have is that compression vests tend to roll up, especially if you have a longer model. What I do to keep this from happening is use shirt stays. These are basically like suspenders, but they hook onto the bottom of the vest and the tops of your socks (or go around your feet), which prevents it from rolling up.

3: Any great compression shirts you've found?
The 997 model from underworks is amazing. It's the only compression vest I use. And it's only like $30.  

GraveOmega

Dangerous Lover

MiyakaMinamoto

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm
ninja *poofs in*

O: I couldn't imagine my mom hating it lmfao. In fact she's cosplaying with me to Anime North this year 3nodding
I have yet to try out these compression tops, or any binding method really... I'm about a 36D. I've tried to bind with bandages but it literally just.. pops off emo

*poofs out* ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 pm
It depends a lot on you size and how long you are in cosplay. For me ace-bandages over a spots bra work for a short time. For longer I use ductape over either a cami or sports bra, it is hotter, but if you have no other options it is easily portable.

I will have to eventually try this underbinder, it sounds a lot more comfortable, especially since I plan to go to a lot of bigger cons soon as mostly male characters. Thanks for the tips!  

HinataShadow17

Tutorials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces