Unecessary changes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:42 pm
I love how my first post in this guild is about Gaia's upgrade. xd

Anyway, the new system leaves a lot to be desired. As everyone has said, there are no alerts for trades or profile comments, while there are a ton for pointless ones.

Instead of just fixing what they think could use an upgrade, they should pay attention to what the users want.

I doubt they will though, as the new generation of Gaians are mostly ten year olds. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:16 pm
This crap is why I use the Better Gaia add on for Firefox. It makes browsing Gaia slightly laggy but much more pleasing to use. I ended up moving to Better Gaia once I learned that it gives me back my drop down menus <3 I love them.

Regardless even with Better Gaia the new My Gaia page is a bit crap, I miss seeing the little heads next to my friends usernames and the notices are annoying. As I subscribe to a lot of threads and only keep them there to look back on later. Not to be alerted for EVERY POST. -rage-

Okay I'm done. razz

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:30 pm
Rica you know, you can go to the gaia labs page and get the drop down menus back.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 pm
We b***h but only because it is different. Once we adjust we will b***h once they change it.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mr Jes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:10 pm
Saverio C.
We b***h but only because it is different. Once we adjust we will b***h once they change it.

I think some of us are actually complaining because its:
A) Unnecessary
B) Confusing
C) Annoying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:37 pm
The Last two become less of an issue as you adapt to it.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:52 pm
Saverio C.
The Last two become less of an issue as you adapt to it.

while for once your arguement is sensible and valuable =D
you must admit that the lack of trade announcement is seriously annoying and won't go unnoticed even in the long run  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 am
What I hate most is how they link your interest to the forums. So many threads are being nerco because of this. In the AMC alone we have like 10 Sailor Moon topics. That was just dumb and causing all kinds of issues in the forums.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 am
Kerrigan_dragon
I hate it.

Also, Suggested Content: Weight Watchers
Thanks for making me feel crappy about myself Gaia. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS RELATE TO MY INTERESTS? -___-
The only possible things it could relate to are "Ratatouille" and "cooking". And I don't see how they made the jump.

It just doesn't make sense....

Hey they keep giving me fatty drinks and stuff. Maybe because I had put fashion and food. So yeah WOW way to go Gaia. Making your users feel crappier and crappier. I know I'm thin but I do eat!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 pm
Miss-dark8607
Kerrigan_dragon
I hate it.

Thanks for making me feel crappy about myself Gaia. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS RELATE TO MY INTERESTS? -___-
The only possible things it could relate to are "Ratatouille" and "cooking". And I don't see how they made the jump.

Hey they keep giving me fatty drinks and stuff. Maybe because I had put fashion and food. So yeah WOW way to go Gaia. Making your users feel crappier and crappier. I know I'm thin but I do eat!

I was too lazy to ever update them, so I don't get that. And seriously, WTF is with the notices?  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:21 pm
emmmahy
Miss-dark8607
Kerrigan_dragon
I hate it.

I was too lazy to ever update them, so I don't get that. And seriously, WTF is with the notices?

I dunno. I just hate how everything just becomes a notice and you don't know what's what. It's very confusing and it's just a bad design. Like I am not one to quickly hate on something really, I'm not and I have notice people in the SF who usually are very level headed even more so than me really have a fit about this change. So that should tell you something....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 pm
I dislike it as well. I've gotten used to most of it over the past week or so, but it really bothers me that we don't get separate notifications for profile comments anymore.

I used to get a small amount of gold every day simply from commenting on my own profile three or four times while I was on Gaia. Perhaps this is somewhat lazy of me, but I find it rather inconvenient that I can no longer go directly to my comments, but rather, I have to go through my profile and to the comment section each time. I haven't really bothered with doing so anymore, but I'm guessing that the amount of gold I earned through this method actually piled up substantially over long periods of time.

The old layout was much more convenient as well, in my opinion - You could see several updates at once in the list, and status updates were clearly visible from the top of the page. Now they're somewhere toward the bottom of everything. I don't know about everyone else, but I never spent much time on my My Gaia page in the first place, so I enjoyed being able to quickly scan the page for anything of interest and then move on, rather than having everything divided into different categories to scroll through.

I guess I'm fortunate not to have gotten all of the wishlist updates some people have mentioned, though... at least, not yet...  

NorthEastFire

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 pm
@ Elicia- I was using BetterGaia way before Gaia Labs showed up. Now I just stick to it because it looks much neater than the Gaia website alone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm
This is what my MyGaia page looks like now. It's still bad, but workable. Thank you, BetterGaia, for fixing this like I was hoping you would.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100