Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Themed Party ideas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 am
Alright the idea is this Magic is outlawed. Only the highest of police are permitted to use it anyone else caught using it is under plenty of law.

That's the game idea. The two party types are:

The party is the 'Special Police' and go about enforcing the law as such battling evil casters and those that serve them. obviously a Lawful party.

The party has found that some how magic and want to use it to help but don't want to be part of the government as they think its corrupt (maybe it is). But non-the-less they want to do the right thing and help but at the same time they break the law and help hide good casters from the law so they wont be imprisoned. Obviously a Chaotic party idea.

I think it would give some fun flavor and both parties can have access to magic still so you are not taking away from the game you are just giving a over-lining plot.

I think it would be fun trying to hunt done evil law breakers or dodge the 'Special Police' while fighting the for the good of everyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Alright the idea is this Magic is outlawed. Only the highest of police are permitted to use it anyone else caught using it is under plenty of law.

That's the game idea. The two party types are:

The party is the 'Special Police' and go about enforcing the law as such battling evil casters and those that serve them. obviously a Lawful party.

The party has found that some how magic and want to use it to help but don't want to be part of the government as they think its corrupt (maybe it is). But non-the-less they want to do the right thing and help but at the same time they break the law and help hide good casters from the law so they wont be imprisoned. Obviously a Chaotic party idea.

I think it would give some fun flavor and both parties can have access to magic still so you are not taking away from the game you are just giving a over-lining plot.

I think it would be fun trying to hunt done evil law breakers or dodge the 'Special Police' while fighting the for the good of everyone.

Sounds like someone just read/watched Bladerunner...  

Durgress

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:30 am
Actually I heard that was a great movie but never actually got a chance to lay my own opinion on it as I have never actually seen it. And by the way about 60% of game idea are 'like something else' so if you want to say it sounds like that be my guest I am just saying that was an Idea I came up with and on the fly even. Just thought I would share that with you.

And even if someone borrows ideas from somewhere else wouldn't it be interesting to see what there take on things are?
Even more so I can almost guarantee that you have had at least one character that is bast off of something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Actually I heard that was a great movie but never actually got a chance to lay my own opinion on it as I have never actually seen it. And by the way about 60% of game idea are 'like something else' so if you want to say it sounds like that be my guest I am just saying that was an Idea I came up with and on the fly even. Just thought I would share that with you.

And even if someone borrows ideas from somewhere else wouldn't it be interesting to see what there take on things are?
Even more so I can almost guarantee that you have had at least one character that is bast off of something else.

Oh I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it sounds almost exactly like Bladerunner. All you need to change is instead of magic being outlawed it is enslaved and magic users are used like cheap servants and given really short life spans.

And if I knew where you lived I would grab a copy of Bladerunner and pry your eyelids open (Clockwork Orange style)and force you to watch it. Brilliant book/movie. I'm not normally one to apreciate artsy/near perfect dupicates of source movies, but damn. Plus it has Harrison Ford before his nuke proof fridge days.  

Durgress

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm
I'm in a group right now where the PCs all fit a theme: halfling quintuplets. All 5 of us are playing sibling characters born at the same time (though the exact order we came out in is of course used to argue about who's the oldest). It's nice because it's a great excuse for how we know each other, and makes for hilarious sibling bickering which is appropriate even in the middle of combat. Also, if we ever all take swarmfighting, it would make for interesting possibilities.

It's not the most potent group, but it sure is a lot of fun.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff