Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gamingguru's game recruiting... got 5 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:23 pm
The masochistic thought has also crossed my mind to build a Shadowcaster, but I can't get past how freaking crappy they are compared to a standard arcanist. It hurts my brain how shitty they made that potentially interesting supplement. I have problems with all the mechanics in that book, really. I want to like Binders, but they just don't get enough variety between levels. Hmm... Maybe I should give one of the two a go just to see how they turn out. Or maybe aim for an Incarnum user...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:33 pm
Have to ask what is the LA maximum?  

Xboxplayerj

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm
ECL is 5, so I'd say an LA of +4 would be max, just as a guess.

Wondering how amenable people would be to an exalted good character. Got an idea for a Vow of Poverty warrior type potentially...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm
It has been my understanding that nobility(even other good aligned) don't like people of exalted, on the other hand, poor and down-trot love them.

Exalted people normally give others to much power. In a sense of the word at least.  

Xboxplayerj

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm
User Image Wha? I'm talking about a Book of Exalted Deeds exalted character, probably with Vow of Poverty. What does that have to do with nobles?

I was wondering about potential for inter-party conflict with such a character. Like, would such a character create a conflict with what other PCs are interested in playing?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm
Oh....I was talking Story arc thing, I do that alot, but as for a Exalted pc, Vow of Poverty If it is okay with the dm. I for one don't like how much it gives just for one feat, but I don't see any conflict other than if their is an evil pc in the party.  

Xboxplayerj

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:19 am
What? who is playing evil? I see no Evil players so far. You guys should really start Ignoring any of the already made characters sense 90% of those are being Dropped.
Besides I hate when people play evil... I even hate when I play an Evil PC but an Evil DM I am for that hehehe.

Alright I am pretty sure Vow is in. AND to ask a PC to give up ALL magical Items is pretty big never gain gold (for yourself) and never gain the benefits of items the Vow does nothing you can't get with Items. As such I can see how its very balanced. In my Opinion but that's a DMs out look.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 am
I wasn't assuming that any of those characters were still in. I was just trying to gauge how such a character might impact the rest of the potential players. Whether or not someone was interested in doing something that would cause problems if there was a really goody-good in the party.

Of course, that's just one possible idea for a character. I'm still trying to decide what sort of build to go with. Or if I should even bother. I've had two games die on me already without much success - neither of them got past the initial group meet.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 am
I'm currently mocking up a Wu Jen/Sorc for giggles, an alternative I would very much love to play =3.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:02 am
*shrugs* I still don't like it. But everyone has their opinion and I am not going to bad mouth someone elses. I was just saying, if someone was going to play an evil character the Vow wouldn't be the greatest of picks.

I am thinking on a Half-ogre berserker, But if you want to play the Wu Jen/ Sorc, Rock, I will gladly change my character to be the healer. I always wanted to try a Healer. I already have a character built, that I never played. I would just have to think of a backstory to match the area.  

Xboxplayerj

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm
Clerics can be very brutal if you want them to be. But I'm playing a Raptorian Cleric 6/Fighter 1 in another game. Not that it isn't fun, but I had the Wu Jen/Sorc built for another game, an Oriental Adventures game.

I really liked the charries layout and the eventual story I came up with.

I'll keep both sheets and finish up the Water Shujenja before tweeking the Wu Jen.

We can see how the rest of the party pans out =3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm
I've been considering just rebuilding my psionic monk character, Adre, that I had been playing in one game that went kaput pretty quick. Also contemplating going Binder and trying for a beater with an odd angle. I've also been toying with a couple of Swordsage builds - one trying to emulate a Fire Bender using Desert Wind, and the other being more rogue-y with Setting Sun and Shadow Hand...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 pm
I like the sound of going Avitarish with the Toem of Battle. I'll keep that in mind for myself =3

I like to chat and colaborate about the charries. So I dont tread on anyones toes =3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm
GOD I HATE HAVING SO MANY IDEAS!!!

I think that I've finally narrowed my options down to a Forest Gnome Ranger [archer build], using a few variants from a couple of books (namely Races of Stone's 4th level Ranger Racial Substitution.{Replace list of possible animal companions with a selection of just Badger, Dire Badger, &/or Wolverine, and gain ability to Speak with animal with your companion at will})

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to advance my Dire Badger animal companion after using Natural Bond (Complete Adventurer) feat to increase my 'Druid level' +3 {Effective 4 Druid levels}

Might end up riding on the thing and yelling "Say hello FRANCIS!!"  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:41 am
Rock_DS
I like the sound of going Avitarish with the Toem of Battle. I'll keep that in mind for myself =3

I like to chat and colaborate about the charries. So I dont tread on anyones toes =3

I do too. I'm the sort of player who waits to see what the rest of the party is composed of so that he can determine what holes need to be filled. That's what sort of throws me about game set ups like this. I get so many ideas and I'm not sure what would really be the best fit... I guess I'll mock up a couple of PCs and see which one is most compelling to me.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff