Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Heresy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 pm
Heh. Yea, I'll help with creation. That thread is a good start to it and simple explanation of each world and class and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:40 pm
Do you want to wait until we get a subforum or somesuch first, or should we start making characters now? o.o  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm
Well, I guess I can start now.

So, you going to do Random All or thought out character generation?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm
I would like to attempt a planed out character. Would love to play Vendicare Assassin armed with an exitus rifle, but seeing how you can't choose your stats I guess I should probably just choose assassin than see what temple I fit in to.  

Shingami Hiroshi

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 am
Ok. Shin, first thing's first. You're an INQUISITOR. A Newbie to the group. You won't get shiny awesome stuff or even the ability to use them for a bit. But I got an idea.

Everyone listen up.

You see, I have this thing called the Inquisitor's Handbook. It provides these things called Background Packages. For a certain portion of the 400 xp you start with, you gain some interesting things, but usually with some form of other drawback. I will use this 200 point cost background for the assassin. Shin, just so you know, there are two other backgrounds and I can explain them to you if you want to have one.

This 200xp cost one is called: Astral Knives. You have to be a Void Born.

You gain: Ciphers (Secret Society--Astral Knives) (Int), Deceive (Fel). Treat Forbidden Lore (Warp)(Int) and Tech Use (Int) as Basic Skills.

Also: Gain 1d5 corruption points. If it becomes generally known that you are of the Astral Knives, you may suffer the wrath of the Arbites, witch hunters, and Inquistors less "understanding" than their masters.

This is cause the whole group was deemed heretics after some worshipers of Ruinous Powers infiltrated the group and started tainting em. Of course the Inquisition has round up Untainted survivors to use as spies and killers.

You know, I'll go ahead and post the other two.

Next is a 300point background for Feral, Imperial and Hive worlders.

They're the Moritat. They're an Imperial Death Cult far older than the Calixis itself.

Apply the following:
Fellowship -5, gain Climb (S), Secret Tongue (Moritat) (Int), Shadowing (Agi), and Silent Move (Agi).
Gain talent: Jaded.
Begin with 1d5 insanity points.
Replace normal starting equipment with:
Mono-sword, 6 throwing knives, Crossbow-pistol and 20 bolts, grapnel and line, equipment harness, 3 does of stimm, protective bodyglove (2 AP Primitive to Body, Arms, Legs)

The Bloody Edge (trait): the Moritat disdain many modern weapons as crude and spiritually unfulfilling, preferring instead the sacred edge of the blade. As a result, they must pass a Hard (-20) Willpower Test to use any weapon lacking an "edge" in combat (thrown blades, knives, and arrows are fine) unless they obviously have no chance of harming their enemy otherwise. However, such is their deadly artistry at bloodletting, any edged weapon wielded by them counts as having the Tearing quality when used against living targets.

(AKA, bladed weapons gain the ability to roll 2 damage dice and pick the one you want against living targets)

The last is the Sons of Dispater. A guild of hired assassins.

This is a 100xp background with no homeworld prereq.

Gain Common Lore (Underworld)(Int), Intimidate (S), and Security (Ag) as skils. Exchange the sword for a stub automatic, a silencer, and 2 clips of ammo.

If you break or renege on a contract--even at the Inquisition's behest--and let the information of your breaking or renege of it leak out, you get a Death Mark and everyone else in the guild is now going to kill you on sight.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 am
You don't have to take a background package.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 pm
Wait we are inquisitors (with the actual title), or members of the inquisistion? Playing an insane member of a death cult sounds interesting, but I guess I will decide as soon as I narrow down to a definitive character. Maybe I should just go with random generation since I don't completely know what I am doing, and may lead to an interesting and unexpected charter to play.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:32 am
The players are new Acolytes in the Inquisition. Basically, you're new guys of the most secret Imperial Cult that everyone knows about but don't know who's who. You're part of the guys who can requisition orbital bombardments if you really think you need it. Of course, at first that probably won't be happening without GOOD reason.

It's the place where people like the Astral Knives can actually help prove their faith to the God-Emperor.

Basically, you're the guys who get sent out when there is an outbreak of Chaos Cultist and are expected to contain it and do some of the near impossible jobs, such as going behind enemy lines to assassinate leaders or rescue people of importance while the Marines get their asses to the planet to mop up the cultists you've kept confined to an area (probably with the help of some Imperial Guard, the wimps).

Yea. Hope that helps.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:22 pm
Yeah that clears things up. And the imperial guard is not that bad, they do a terrific job of wasting enemy ammunition. So should we attempt character sheets now?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm
Eh... let's wait till Reeve gives me a sub-forum.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm
Subforum is up, there's creation rules there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:24 pm
Shingami Hiroshi
And the imperial guard is not that bad, they do a terrific job of wasting enemy ammunition.
Like none other.

We die standing.

And I'm becoming increasingly interested in this, though I don't know much about the game, as much as I'd like about 40k fluff, or if you're even looking for players still and so forth. But if you are, I guess I'll say I -might- take a spot?

I'll need to find and familiarize myself with the book a bit first, and with midterms about to hit me, that probably won't happen until this weekend. So... yeah, obvious complications. But I figured as long as I'm starting to look I should mention.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:56 pm
There's one character made and 3 guys who are confirmed... 5 work just fine and that's it so, Psycho, you have the 5th spot if you want.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm
Leave it up for grabs for time being.

But if no one else comes looking for it, I'll probably look to take you up on that come Friday night, or Saturday.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:29 am
ok  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers