Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a little competition? [1-2 slots available] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good or Evil Team?
  Good is the way to go!
  Evil rocks my socks!
  Meh. I think I'll just take the gold.
View Results

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 pm
just out of curiosity, can I use the race of the monster manual? What kind of limitation do I have on adapting her powers?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:09 pm
... That Deva would have ended up a Rakshasa by this point... *dies*

So... Direwolf wants to play a Deva that isn't a Deva? *is confused again*

@ Bound - What race were you thinking of?  

WingedDemonVM

Rhaegar14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 pm
First off, where are you getting this Rakshasa stuff? The Deva entry makes no mention of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm
well Still the succubus.. I'll just seduce people in the name of good now! I guess. we'll just say she's unaligned xd
I was actually making her for another game but I think she would be good for this. If not I can always play a Razor Claw Druid. (still good team)

(I would have to make quite a few changes to the sheet but hopefully it will just give you an idea about the race)  

Bound Birdie

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm
I quote from the Players Handbook 2: "Most devas are fiercely committed to the cause of good, because they fear what they might become if they turn to evil: A deva whose soul becomes corrupt risks being reborn as a rakshasa."

@ Bound - If you count out the corrupting touch and dominate, then that would be fine. I'm just concerned about you having way more at-will powers than the rest.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm
Works for me! >.< I can see how dominate is just a little cheap.
I'll work on sorting out the deity and what not for the good guys >.<
I also stole the stats from the Monster Manual as well I should actually roll some real scores huh?  

Bound Birdie

Rhaegar14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 pm
WingedDemonVM
I quote from the Players Handbook 2: "Most devas are fiercely committed to the cause of good, because they fear what they might become if they turn to evil: A deva whose soul becomes corrupt risks being reborn as a rakshasa."

@ Bound - If you count out the corrupting touch and dominate, then that would be fine. I'm just concerned about you having way more at-will powers than the rest.

My Deva entry in Character Builder says no such thing, but I'm done playing emissary. I'll pester him to get on tomorrow and talk to you about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 pm
Perhaps the Character Builder doesn't include everything. But I have the book in front of me right now, and that's what it says.

I'll talk to him about it later and we'll see how it'll work out. I made up some stuff for a rakshasa just in case. (And by "made up" I mean looked at the monster options for rakshasa and drew stuff from that...)  

WingedDemonVM

Bound Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 pm
Rhaegar14
WingedDemonVM

My Deva entry in Character Builder says no such thing, but I'm done playing emissary. I'll pester him to get on tomorrow and talk to you about it.

The Character Builder generally give stats and info rather then a ton of lore. She is correct about the quote from the book. What is exactly that you really want from the deva race?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm
oh and how many rituals may I have?  

Bound Birdie

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 am
Seems to me I might have to join this one after all.

Because, just like I expected, no one wants to play on the good side when you give them the option to go to the evil side.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:16 am
Hm... Rituals...

Um... Is there a maximum number of rituals you can know? Otherwise, I'd say have the two that you would start with, then select another three that are below or equal to level 18.

@ Psychofish - I didn't think so many people would want to be evil... *sweatdrop*  

WingedDemonVM

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:41 am
If the good side is in need of characters, I can try to make my vampire a good guy. There's lots of those around. Just figured I would make him evil, because vampires like to eat people's throats, etc. My Gnoll would also be more unaligned than evil. I picture him being completely insane, and yes, he would TOTALLY be doing the hyena laugh. All. The. Time. XD So I can be a good char instead of evil if you need them.

And as for the Deva/Rakshasa thing, I think I know what he wants. He wants to play a Deva, statistically. But, he wouldn't be a deva. For game purposes, the race he would be has the same stats and abilities that all Deva's have, so he would just put that down, but he would look and act differently then a Deva. I think. Kinda like if you wanted a katana, but just put down Longsword. It would have the same stats as a Longsword, but RP-wise, would actually be a katana.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:54 am
... Doing that with weapons is one thing. Doing that with races is an entirely different matter...  

WingedDemonVM

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 am
I'll make a character for good team, though looks like everyone is feeling guilty and changing sides! Lol.

What are people needing? I've got a Kolbold Ranger floating around that I'd like to use. May be a monster race but alignment is LG. >.<

Failing that I'll make whatever.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces