Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Forum of Rock
Screamo Sucks, Emo Sucks, Pop Rock Sucks... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get the ******** out of my store...
  Obey the sign....
  There's always room for Jello...
  Please don't block the sign...
  Que?
View Results

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:41 pm
I think I killed this whole sub forum o.O eek  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E5VeUPaRIs&feature=related  

Luno-chan

obsidian81

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:47 pm
I will agree with you that screamo, emo, and pop rock sucks, but metal and rock are beastloy when played in the right way. And personally, I hate anything that is pre-90's.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:19 pm
blue_dark_ninja
I will agree with you that screamo, emo, and pop rock sucks, but metal and rock are beastloy when played in the right way. And personally, I hate anything that is pre-90's.

I like rock and all that, some metal is ok, but the rest is trash.
Ill stick to hardcore jazz like Dysrhythmia  

Luno-chan

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 pm
Luno-chan
Seriously, for people trying to gain musical talent you sure seem to obsess over the most talent devoid bands ever... Am I the only one here that notices this?

Oh my. I do think I like you.

Just out of curiosity, when you say true ska, which bands do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm
Luno-chan
Screamo and metal are just punk sped up, it requires no talent whatsoever.

I prefer bands such as

The Green Scene
Daft Punk
Les claypool
any true reggae/ska

you know... talented musicians that dont sound like everyother band on the planet?

i agree with about 10% of that. MODERN metal basically sucks, but the classics still kick major behind. hell, it kicks most bands' behinds. *looks at your list*

screamo is just a wussbag's idea of metal, so screw that.

GodlessRemission

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm
stickyfeet
Luno-chan
Seriously, for people trying to gain musical talent you sure seem to obsess over the most talent devoid bands ever... Am I the only one here that notices this?

Anything from desmond dekker to a few ska bands from the 90's. I myself prefer the 2-tone wave.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:09 pm
But latley I've been digging the hardcore jazz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaChHrnuWv8&feature=related  

Luno-chan

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 pm
Luno-chan
stickyfeet
Luno-chan

Anything from desmond dekker to a few ska bands from the 90's. I myself prefer the 2-tone wave.

Do you like The Specials?

I guess you don't like Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 am
stickyfeet
Luno-chan
stickyfeet
Luno-chan

Do you like The Specials?

I guess you don't like Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, etc.

I like all of those bands. And I do indeed love the specials. Im really in love with the toasters though. :]  

Luno-chan

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:34 pm
My friend got me started on ska about a year ago. Its amazing stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:09 am
O.O This forum scares me. How can anyone say that Metal bands and punk bands and all that jazz have no talent? They made it didn't they? Hell, I even have respect for the Johnas Brothers for making it, although I despise their music and everything they stand for. But great old bands like Black Sabbeth, Iron Maiden and Rush are fantastic! And if you think they have no talent, I would love to see you try and play or sing their music. Just because you don't like a certain type of music is no reason to say that the muscicians that play it have no talent. Oh, and as for modern Metal and rock, we got Down, Disturbed (Who I admit could definetly improve on their guitar, but have an amazing vocalist and drummer) Slayer, etc. These are all great bands, and although I admit that there style is a bit rudimentary at times, they still are able to go out there and make music that hundreds of thousands of people listen to. And realy, isnt that what music is about? Having people listen to it and ejoy it? Every band that has even one fan is doing at least 1 thing right, and deserve at least a little respect.  

Bolexle

Peutaiite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:35 am
Guys, I agree with some of your points.
Although, I don't think you can generalize that all one type on songs are horrible. There is probably some songs in the genre that you haven't heard yet you might like.
Yes, I don't like most of what you don't like either, but I still like a few songs in the categories.
But I think it's safe to say, that usually the really popular music is the worst for some reason. :O
(I mean popular now, not the classics)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:51 pm
GodlessRemission
Luno-chan
Screamo and metal are just punk sped up, it requires no talent whatsoever.

I prefer bands such as

The Green Scene
Daft Punk
Les claypool
any true reggae/ska

you know... talented musicians that dont sound like everyother band on the planet?

i agree with about 10% of that. MODERN metal basically sucks, but the classics still kick major behind. hell, it kicks most bands' behinds. *looks at your list*

screamo is just a wussbag's idea of metal, so screw that.

Glam rock/metal could never touch The Green Scene, the green scene is by far one of the greatest unsigned bands to ever live In my opinion, just how they combine almost everything into a funky, soul groovin' sound is just untouchable.  

Luno-chan

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm
Heres a band I highly reccomend

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=7742709&albumid=10676779

Listen to the first song.

They are called By the end of tonight, I just picked up this cd "Firworks on Ice".
The song is called Delirious, where have you gone?
Epic.  
Forum of Rock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces