Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Just outside the inn, Sovelian (and presumably the others) were waiting for Kardenn. "Kardenn, would you be so kind as to guide us to the cave? I believe your knowledge of the area surpasses that of most of us?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Kreil leaned against the wall of the inn with his arms crossed, waiting a bit on the impatient side for someone to step up and lead the way. His sense of direction wasn't always the best, but he could spot landmarks well enough. If Kardenn didn't take the lead here, then he was going to grab the map and get things moving.  

WingedDemonVM

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 pm
Kardenn grabbed his beard nervously, but then he steeled himself, "I am a Paladin of Moradin dammit!" Kardenn then looked around at his companions surprised faces. "Uh, I was, meant to say that in me head." The Dwarf then chuckled, a hint of apprehension in his laugh. "Yeah I sort of know the way, let's go to rescue...uh...who're we rescuing?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm
"That human's brother," Kreil answered, frowning. A Paladin of Moradin, hm? Interesting. "Now will you kindly lead the way, or would you like someone else to take the responsibility?"  

WingedDemonVM

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:43 pm
"Great Odin's Raven, calm down Eladrin, you lot always were a serious bunch. I know the way yes, let's go." Kardenn then began to lead the way to the caves.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:50 pm
Kardenn lead you through the town. After around half an hour of trudging through the thick snow he got you to the border of town. There were two Dwarven guards riding large boars at gate. By the gate there was a small Wooden sign pointing up towards a thin rocky path with "To Mines" written on it. The path was flanked with the mountains, making it look somewhat malevolent in the shadows.

As you made your way up towards the narrow path one of the guards shouted up after you.

"It's no use! Those mines have been cleared of all the gold." He laughed as he turned his board back towards his friend.

It was quite dark, but not so dark they couldn't get around. Vince found it harder than the others with his Human eyes, but made do. You passed many cave entrances that looked Dwarven made, but the map said it was further up the trail. Eventually you got to the cave the map said Joshua was.

This entrance was far different from the others. Some of the other cave entrances had wooden supports, some had fallen in after years of neglect, but they were clearly not naturally made. This one also did not look naturally made either, but it was noticeably less neat than the others. It almost looked like this cave was made from the inside outwards rather than mined...

Looking inside, you can see it slowly descending, but it is far to dark for anyone to see.  

joe-dude667

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:57 pm
"Kardenn if you can hold your weapon aloft, I can assist us in lighting our way."

[Cantrip-Light on Kardenn's warhammer, or anyone else who's up front and willing]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:15 pm
As Kardenns warhammer lit up, the Dwarf thanked his companion before reaching into his pack with his other hand. Out of his backpack he drew a bottle of wine. He then proceeded to rip off the cork with his mouth and spit it on the floor. Taking a swig from the wine he turned around and said, "I'm ready, let's descend." Kardenn turned around and headed into the cave, I'm going to need to get drunk before I go much farther...  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 pm
Kreil limped along behind Kardenns, his left hand resting on the hilt of his sword so he could draw it quickly should they encounter hostile creatures in the cave. He squinted ahead into the cave, trying to see if there was anything up ahead that they needed to be worried about.

((I'm gonna make a Perception check.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm
Rorrick said "Stay alert everyone we dont know what grabbed the brother and we dont wanna be grabed ourselves." He took a sunrod from his bag holding it in the hand his light shield was straped too (if I read the rules right you can use a hand a light shield is on to hold a object, climb, or swim you just cant attack wiht a object in that hand) his free hand layed ready at his schimitar to draw at a moments notice. Takeing a spot behind Kreil so that the light of his sunrod would fill the middle and back fo the group so no one was caught in the dark. As they proceeded Rorrick scanned the area around them looking for sighns of enemies.

(also makeing a perception check RESULT 16)  

lk333

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 am
As you began to walk down the rocky path, you notice that the floor is very damp. It was almost enough to make you slip, but then after 5 minutes or so the rocky floor became damp soil. This was especially odd for such a mountainous region.

The narrow path opened up to a small anti chamber, with 2 tunnels ahead. Kreil noticed small indents on the floor that look like some form of animal track. There was a strange noise coming from the left tunnel, like something scurrying around...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:55 am
Rorrick taps kreil and kardenn's shoulders to get there attenion then says to everyone "listen there is something in the left tunnel should we press on down the right tunnel or investigate whatever is in the left tunnel might be what grabbed the brother."  

lk333

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 am
Kardenn listened carefully, then his eyes grew wide. "Oh, you don't think it's rats do you? Or Kruthik?!" Kardenn took a long sip of his wine, and then another. He then prepared himself in a ready stance, he was anticipating combat, even if he didn't like it. Shaking his head he said, "Someone attract the beasts out, and we can ambush them here!" he then swallowed another mouthful of wine.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:48 am
While you were talking the noise got slowly louder, until something walked into the room from the left tunnel.

An ant. And a bloody big one at that. Seeing you all congregated in the hall, it releases a small cloud of some form of acidic liquid as it was joined by a few more of the group. Looks like you'd better...

ROLL INITIATIVE!

User Image
User Image

Initiative:
Small Ants: 19
Big Ants: 16
Big Red Ant: 13

Anyone that rolls higher than 19 can take their turn immediately.  

joe-dude667

lk333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 am
The appearence of the ants caught rorrick off gaurd he shouted to his comrades "get ready if we work together we will not fall this day."

Initiative Check 10

(lol joe nice use of rpgmaker 2003 for the map I never thought to use it like that)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff