Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
What inspired you to be an Artist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm
Uhm.. I would go mad if i had no way to "Vent". Art also helps me make sence of my strange dreams..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:32 pm
i love to draw for my own enjoyment and it's a way for me to express my feelings  

AliceInWonderlandxVC

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:04 pm
I don't even remember why I started drawing. It's just kind of second nature to me. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:13 pm
I guess I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil.
I can't rememer a birthday where I didn't get a sketchpad or a set of pencils and erasers.

I love seeing myself improve. I love how all of my life people have introduced me as "Veronica, she draws so well." Maybe not to some standards of people in here, but as a broad spectrum in my local area, that's usually been the case. And I love it.

My favorite is female anatomy. I'm not sure why, but I've always drawn women.

Twilima

PoisonousMoonlight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm
To tell you the truth I probably started drawing on line paper in a spiral 150 page notebook my mom took college notes in. Haha I once drew three girls linked together by their hair pulling a carriage! blaugh xd So like 6. My uncle (isn't blood related) but married my blood aunt) He is an awesome painter. And I never knew till' last year. He looks like a professional painter. But I guess he quit and moved into a building career. Well it truly started last year when I saw my friends manga sketches!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm
well, i've said most often that it was my friend that got me into drawing, but now i'm thinking otherwise. That was what opened the door to the world of visual art for me, not what began it.

My family, on both sides, including the in-laws and marriage onlys was the real reason. Mom, grandma and great grandma sketched, on the other side, I have family members who paint for Ducks Unlimitied (it's a Canadian thing...XD) and my dad wrote sci-fi stories when he was a kid. They say that artsy stuff runs in the family.

It was when my friend introduced me to manga and their unique way of storytelling that I had this GLORIOUS revelation: I could bring my characters, to LIFE!!! ON PAPER!! it was a glorious moment. So I started drawing manga in grade 7 or so. These were unbelieveably BAD, and worse still, I didn't realize it, for I only had my friend's drawings to look up to (she was a year younger than me XD) I have since burned or shredded most of these firsts, as they looked quite demented. I was a writer, not an artist. XD

I had another revelation when I entered REAL art classes in high school. I was like, HOLY CRAP, there's other things to draw out there. With paints! Pastel! Pencil crayon! clay! mixed media! So I started to draw ANYTHING.

And slowly, painfully, about 2 years ago, I got better. Gaia was a big help too.

*is done with the ranting*  

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

F!ZZBANG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:14 pm
I'm not sure where it began, I've wanted to be an artist for as long as I can remember. I probably have my mum to thank, cause she's real crafty. I'm bettin she got me started. Arts been my favorite thing ever since.

Now I'm an artist cause I don't know how not to be one
@ o@

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:09 pm
I started drawing seriously because I'm an escapist. I find life very mundane. I'd like to go to other worlds and such. I'd love to be able to write too, but I'm too embarrassed by mistakes instead of trying to get better. ;P
Through art I can create worlds and characters that are interesting and meaningful and express what I feel.
Everyone needs an outlet. Mine just happens to be an obsession. C:  

no surrender

impish whimsy

Voter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:21 pm
As a kid, I always noticed things about shapes and colors that other kids didn't notice.
And at church they had these little sheets of paper that you were supposed to write your prayers down on. I always drew angels on them. Angels that had - not round, but eggish-shaped faces, and lemon-shaped eyes. And five fingers. And wrinkles in their clothes. And ears, and noses, and lips.

And then for a while I only did drawings for school assignments, and then I got back into it in like... seventh grade? With, you know, anime stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 am
Jungle book and Super Mario
plus a few crayons

Inspired me when I was little
for they are so colorful
then I began drawing houses, trees, and random objects

Got inspired by a contest
[ yay, their gonna post my work on the bulletin board ]

Death Faust IX

Magnetic Sex Symbol

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Drunken Jester

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:54 pm
Games and comicbooks (admittedly manga was a huge influence).
I always liked drawing as a little kid, and my teachers thought I was way ahead of the other kids. Because when they were still drawing the sun as a triangle in the corner of the page I was realizing that that just wasn't what the sun looked like.
But it wasn't until I really got into comics and manga that I thought "OMG this is so awesome! This is what I want to be doing!" And then I graduated into looking at video games and the character designs for them and thought that was just absolutely wonderful as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:08 pm
My dad. He taught me how to draw for he was an artist. I had admired his ability to copy drawings so i went to aspire to be an artist. Even in school, i got praises for my ability to sketch better xp so i practised drawing for leisure, and recently i learnt how to paint digital images. It's fun and calms my nerves. sweatdrop  

Lame arse

bubblegums500

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 pm
I'm not exactly sure when I started drawing either. It's been a long time, off and on again. I remember drawing a little in the fifth grade and 6th grade. There was this one art project we did, and someone in my class told me that I should take art in high school. Then in 8th grade, I had this friend who could draw anime really good, and I was jealous. So when I got to high school, I took art because of that advice I got, and out of jealousy. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 pm
I'm not an artist =3...

I'm just an auditor who needs, likes, loves to draw =3  

Driany

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

bakanatorz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:09 pm
syrella
I don't even remember why I started drawing. It's just kind of second nature to me. :/

Neither do I. Oh my. and it hasn't even been long since I started drawing.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff