Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
Books vs. Legend of the Seeker tv series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the tv show any good at all?
  Heck No!!! Blasphemer!!!
  Eh, they could've done SOOOO much better with it
  I absolutely love it and never miss an episode!
View Results

sasukeofleaf

13,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:44 pm
Yeah, while the TV show does have some good points, there is alot of stuff thatsjust wrong, for one, the sword of truth is able to cut though steel like a hot knife through butter, also, jensen isn't supposed to show up for a few years and is supposed to think richard is evil..EVIL I tells ya  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:59 pm
i feel ignorant... i never knew the tv show existed.... oh well it seems like thats a good thing  

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Ianus Diabolus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 pm
For those of you interested in seeing the entire thing, they have it on hulu.com. The entire series.

It was the small things they removed that would have made it better.
Richard never memorizing the book for his father.
Zedd, from friend of the family to insane man...
Rahl, blonde, tic with the eyebrow.
Kahlan, which is pronounced ka-lan no y, no hard a, long straight hair, square cut dress, not a corset bodice and not with traveling clothes under it. She wielded a long sword, never daggers.
Adie, they kinda made her look like a fake, nothing like she was.
They avoided the mud people entirely, yet made a magic wall that took them to the old world and the sisters of light?

However. First book, he returns to find Kahlan after losing her in the pass. He sees the quad member standing there and he leaps off a boulder and slashes down, killing him needlessly. We all know and understand that part.
But...
How many times did they make the actor do that jump in the series?
It became his signature move. Looks like they really liked it. Can't blame them. They had a great choreographer for the fight scenes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:54 pm
http://www.hulu.com/legend-of-the-seeker

The first one they have is both the first and second episode.  

Ianus Diabolus

22rev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:02 am
From the one episode I watched the only major things that i saw wrong were the fact that the quad at hte begging had 5 people not four, Richard was born in the midlands nad hte fact that Kahlan didnt want richard to follow her around but he had to when Zedd named him seeker, also the fact that Richards dad was still alive.. there were only a *few* mistakes.. razz i turned it off about 15-20 mins into the episode..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am
I still hold to my opinion that the only thing they used from the books were the names of the characters and the places. xd  

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Ianus Diabolus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 am
Lord Raven Rahl
I still hold to my opinion that the only thing they used from the books were the names of the characters and the places. xd

I'm forced to agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 pm
ok first: kahlans name: i always thought it was kah-lan. kay-lin sounds too common for a confessor, especially mother confessor kahlan.
second: legend of the seeker: i think its not a bad tv series but it is definetely the standard of the book. if they keep deviating from the book, they are going to get problems later and have to change it more. take eragon for example. great book, good movie, but nothing like the book. now i have no idea how they are going to do the second movie because its so different.
any way i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens  

Aquavender

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 pm
sasukeofleaf
Yeah, while the TV show does have some good points, there is alot of stuff thatsjust wrong, for one, the sword of truth is able to cut though steel like a hot knife through butter, also, jensen isn't supposed to show up for a few years and is supposed to think richard is evil..EVIL I tells ya

in a way she does. when Denna comes to her to get the third box of Orden.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 pm
Ianus Diabolus
For those of you interested in seeing the entire thing, they have it on hulu.com. The entire series.

It was the small things they removed that would have made it better.
Richard never memorizing the book for his father.
Zedd, from friend of the family to insane man...
Rahl, blonde, tic with the eyebrow.
Kahlan, which is pronounced ka-lan no y, no hard a, long straight hair, square cut dress, not a corset bodice and not with traveling clothes under it. She wielded a long sword, never daggers.
Adie, they kinda made her look like a fake, nothing like she was.
They avoided the mud people entirely, yet made a magic wall that took them to the old world and the sisters of light?

However. First book, he returns to find Kahlan after losing her in the pass. He sees the quad member standing there and he leaps off a boulder and slashes down, killing him needlessly. We all know and understand that part.
But...
How many times did they make the actor do that jump in the series?
It became his signature move. Looks like they really liked it. Can't blame them. They had a great choreographer for the fight scenes.

Kahlan always had daggers. said so in Wizard's first rule. are you saying she changes weapons?  

Victor Black256

Hillbilly Hikari

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm
To be honest, I've never watched the whole series since it started. I starte reading the books around the time the show came out (I think). But it just confuses me more then the books do, and I end up confused enough as it is.

Course when I do happen to catch an episodes I go "That didn't happen!" or "They left that out!" or "When did that happen??"

So I try to just stay away from the show.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 am
but i haven't watched it yet  

Teleia Patricia

Fluffy Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:02 pm
i have noticed the parts in the show are completely different from the books. but they do try and stay with it as much as they screw with it. itsnot to far from the books, just in different order sometimes.  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff