Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 pm
aretoo
eek

Sorry, I worded that wrong. Most of the guys are normal, it's the fangirly girls that you need to look out for.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 pm
Hey guys! How is everyone?

I have a question. If I were to be traveling to GODFREY, Illinois from Australia. Where would like the clsoest airport be? I don't even know what part of USA that s in XD  

Surazal Dloc

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm
Surazal Dloc
Hey guys! How is everyone?

I have a question. If I were to be traveling to GODFREY, Illinois from Australia. Where would like the clsoest airport be? I don't even know what part of USA that s in XD

Closest major would probably be O'Hare in Chicago.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 pm
Never actually been to Illinois, Lazarus. I googled it, and by the looks of it the St. Louis Airport is in Godfrey.
EDIT: Tsuji seems to be quicker on the draw than I. And a lot more confident in his response...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:36 pm
Hrmmm... I'm assuming you're taking the international airport at Sydney, Australia? What would probably happen is you'll go from Sydney Airport to the Chicago O'Hare International airport (transfers and stops vary, but that would be the end result). From there you'd take Interstate Highway 55 southwest until you get close to Godfrey (290 miles -- about 5 hours). Or, you might be able to take a small flight from Chicago O'Hare International to St. Louis Regional Airport and drive from there to Godfrey (12 miles -- about 30 minutes).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 pm
Sentama Lin
Hrmmm... I'm assuming you're taking the international airport at Sydney, Australia? What would probably happen is you'll go from Sydney Airport to the Chicago O'Hare International airport (transfers and stops vary, but that would be the end result). From there you'd take Interstate Highway 55 southwest until you get close to Godfrey (290 miles -- about 5 hours). Or, you might be able to take a small flight from Chicago O'Hare International to St. Louis Regional Airport and drive from there to Godfrey (12 miles -- about 30 minutes).

When my sister flew down under, her flight had service through LAX, not O'Hare. I'd be willing to bet that he'd need to go Sydney > LAX > O'Hare > Godfrey, or maybe Sydney > LAX > St. Louis Airport.  

124-C

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 pm
That actually would make sense too to stop at LAX (though, on odd occasions when overseas in the Pacific area of things, I didn't stop at LAX but at Detroit Int'l). But I think to get a flight to St. Louis Regional would require a stop at O'Hare, but it would be mega convenient to find some plane from LAX to St. Louis though.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 pm
Oh wow thanks guys. That was way more effort than expected whee I feel loved heart

heart *Returns love* heart  

Surazal Dloc

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:45 pm
Yeah, LAX to Sydney is already a mega-long flight (something like 13 hours?) so another 2-3 hours to get to O'Hare would be pretty bad...

You're welcome, Laz.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 pm
heart *reciprocates* wink

Oooooufff... Though I'm used to it (MSP to Hong Kong Int'l == about 20 hours or MSP to Nagoya Int'l == about 16 hours) any flight over 8 hours is torturous to me.  

Sentama Lin

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm
Oh wow... It's gonna cost like $AU5,000 just to fly two people from Australia to Chicago gonk Unfortunately that is slightly out of my budget to send me and a friend there for her birthday. gonk Especially since its just a gift, and I'd only be going so she wouldn't be alone, not because I actually want to go there.

EDIT: Once again USA ruins the day by being so far away xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:50 pm
At least it's just because of geography, this time, Laz...

And that doesn't count the emotional/mental cost of the trip!  

124-C

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm
Yeah that is a big cost too. Plus there is the travel from airprt to places and then accomidation etc. That would easily be another 2k so $AU7,000 is way to much for a friends present. I thought it would be cool if I could do this for her, and I'd get a trip to USA out of it so I figured I might look into. Maybe a travel agent might have cheaper stuff in a package or something, in stead of just me looking at raw prices.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 pm
Well, I'm going to head out for the night. Conversations are developing a bit too far afield for me to be relevant. See you all later.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:59 pm
There might be a better deal with an agent, but... well... I'm not sure. It is pretty pricey to travel around that it is...

Approximately 5,000 USD is a big kind of birthday gift, as well.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff