Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
Welcome to the Shelf! - Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athena_68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:59 am
What you perfer to be called-
Sage

Favorite animal and why-
An owl because it is a symbol of Athena.

Qoute you liked from a book you read-
"For I have sworn thee fair,and thought thee bright, Who art as black as hell, as dark as night." William Shakepeares sonnets

Qoute you liked from someone you know-
"Stupid people make the world go round,...the wrong way"

Hobbies-
Soccer, reading

Something Intresting about you-
I can recite the greek alphabet by memory  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 am
What you prefer to be called: It really does not matter. You can call me Brad, Bradley, Pete, that tall guy, Frenchie, or just make up a nickname yourself for me.

Favourite animal and why: Probably a dragon. It would be so because they have such a diversity in numerous aspects.

Quote you liked from a book you’ve read: "Your light will shine on this world. It is time for mine to darken." Sturm Brightblade, Dragons of Winter Night.

Quote you liked from someone you know in real life: "Just remember how much you love me."

Hobbies: I like to hangout with friends, read, write (stories/poems), sleep, eat, collect rocks/minerals/crystals, people watch, learning about other cultures, and looking at the stars.

Something interesting about you: As disgusting as this may be, I can burp talk. Now thats strange.

B-rad the Vampiric Shadow

Mossstripe78

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:45 am
What I prefer to be called: Moss-stripe or Moss, doesn't really matter. I respond to both.
Favorite animal: Cat, because they are graceful and elegant, but at the same time nuerotic and clumsy.
Quote I like from a book: "Shut your trap or I'll do it for you." the many Apprentices, written by me, but not actully....written yet. It's in the giant notebook I call my head.
Quote I like from someone I know: "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because your all the same."-Kira7041
Something about me:
1. I've never been out of the country I'm in right now
2. I run up the stairs on all fours.
3. I've never, and I mean never, have had a boyfriend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:05 am
Life's like a box of chocolates...

What you prefer to be called: Dragon
Favourite animal and why: Cat, because eveyone says I act like one. 3nodding
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read: "Now that he was awake, he couldn't understand how he could have slept through the racket the birds were making." -Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life: Me-"What can we make out of a trampoline, a kiddie pool, and a box of lime jello!?"
My best friend-"...Lot's of things."
Hobbies: Reading, playing life simulation video games, sleeping, and eating.
Something interesting about you: I can eat all day and barely gain a pound. My mom is jealous...

...except life doesn't melt in your hands OR your mouth!! blaugh

Xayim XVI

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 pm
What you prefer to be called Umi, or Umi Pryde
Favourite animal and why Dalmatians, because they are cute and I'm a huge 101 Dalmatian fan.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read
going to be differnt from my join request, because I can and because I now have room to do a really long favorite quote/moment from a book series I love:
..."This facility deals in the sale of human organs." "You are young and fit. I will be able to sell your kidney for a quarter of a million dollars. And the operation won't even kill you. You will live through it, and after that we'll be able to come back, perhaps, for your eyes. Your eyes will sell for fifty thousand dollars each, leaving you blind but otherwise in good health. You can live with out your pancreas. It will make me a further one hundred thousand dollars. While you are recovering from each operation, I will drain off your blood cells and your plasma. They will be kept frozen and sold at five hundred dollars a pint. And finally of course there is your heart. The heart of a young healthy boy could fetch up to a million dollars more. Do you see, Alex? Shooting you does me no good at all. But keeping you alive is good for business, and you might even get some satisfaction in knowing, when you do finally die, that you have restored the health of quite a few people around the world."
-- From Snakehead, of the Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz. One of the more scary villian monologues I've had to read, and it still gives me chills.

Quote you liked from someone you know in real life
"Why is it every time we get together the girls get to decide what we do?"
"Because we're all whipped. Not that I'm complaining or anything."
(conversation some of my guy friends have had while we all hung out. I should point out that the boys were always out numbered by us girls.)

Hobbies
Reading, Writing, Sleeping, Video Game playing, did I mention sleeping? ^_^ sorry, I love to sleep though, I just have trouble getting to sleep.
Something interesting about you
I have had back surgery and now have two rods screwed into my spine to correct my scoliosis. (which is a curvature of the spine) I love to act out the dialogue of the things I write and want to become a children's and young adult book author.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:51 pm
What you prefer to be called: Just Ark would be fine.
Favourite animal and why : My favorite animal is the cat. Simply because they are quiet and reserved creatures kind of like myself.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read :
"Patience is the darkest side of power."- House of Leaves
AND
"His claw skates along the cold floor. Love curled up and died on such a floor"- House of Leaves
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life: None.
Hobbies: Mainly reading and saving up for items here on Gaia.
Something interesting about you : Once I become obsessed with something it takes a while to get me out of it. Usually a few months or even years. It's a bad habit. sweatdrop  

pakki

Unbeatable Ladykiller

4,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm
What you prefer to be called: Berz
Favourite animal and why: Cats, because they clearly know something that we don't.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read: "Sweet water and light laughter, until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell, Forgotten Realms.
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life: "It's very dark on hold and I fear grues."
Hobbies: reading, writing, drawing, gaming, costuming, rapier, choir
Something interesting about you: The Pass of Caradhras has failed to defeat me... twice.

Mae gevennin, everyone!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:31 am
What you prefer to be called: Neb
Favourite animal and why: Wolf-- social animal; strong; just plain cool.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read: "Good morning, Messengers. I am Cutty Sark, Mission AI. Iwill accompany you to the ends of time, coordinate Upstreamer Force operations, and provide support through a wide range of resources. Please initiate sensory suspension. This fleet will now upstream into the past." -The Lord of the Sands of Time by Issui Ogawa
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life: "My little brother still cannot grasp the fact that he does not have access to/does not know how to use semi-automatics. He seems to be deluded by the image that you can acquire them anywhere during a zombie apocalypse. *facepalm* So when this happens and he realizes the cold truth I'm going to blame Hollywood for misleading him." -AurinJade
Hobbies: Writing fantasy novels
Something interesting about you: I think Gladiator is a bad Ben-Hur rip-off...  

Nebulance

Tipsy Reveler

-Wizard-Raistlin-Majere-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:44 pm
This is an RP account I made for fun and all from Dragonlance, but I'll be on a lot during the day.

What you prefer to be called
~Raistlin
Favourite animal and why
~Dragons, magestic yet fierce.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read
~Turn to sunshine, and all shadows shall fall behind.
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life
~You're a real storybook character.
Hobbies
~I'm a real tech geek and gamer with a side of cards.
Something interesting about you
~I've been playing games since I was 3 and I'm 19 now? XD That's something you'll have to pick at before you get any good answer from.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 am
~*~What you prefer to be called... Umm, I like Itzura or Angie most of the time.
~*~Favorite animal and why... My favorite animal is a horse because they're beautiful and graceful.
~*~Quote you liked from a book you’ve read...
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
~J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (although the first time I read this line it was in Inkheart by Cornelia Funke)

~*~Quote you liked from someone you know in real life... I can take all this pain if I get you in the end. ~The love of my life- Eric Whitmore~
~*~Hobbies... I have many hobbies but a few are reading and writing poems and stories, drawing, playing video games, and watching horror movies with friends
~*~Something interesting about you... I'm engaged even though I'm only 17. I love to read even though I'm a really slow reader. I'm still afraid of the
dark. I enjoy spending time with my many friends every Friday night. I enjoy a good joke. I hate people who are hypocrites. If you want to know more about me visit my profile and feel free to read anything and everything I wrote on there. I try to keep the information updated.

NekoGirlItzura

confuzedmuze

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 pm
What you prefer to be called You can call me Muze. Yes, I know it's spelled incorrectly. The correct spelling was already taken on AIM.
Favourite animal and why Just one? I'll admit, I like cats. I'll probably be that lady who has dozens of cats.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life "My Fair trade coffee says "hand picked by small farmers" on the label. Now every time I drink my coffee, I imagine teeny tiny farmers."
Hobbies reading, reading, and more reading. Also doting on my many pets.
Something interesting about you I have two cats, a large dog, two guinea pigs, a hedgehog, box turtle, and a bearded dragon.

Oh, and I work in a public library!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:51 pm
What you prefer to be called Amy ^_^
Favourite animal and why Wolf. Theyre so misunderstood, and so damn gorgeous.
Quote you liked from a book you’ve read:"We all have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy. It's up to us whether we choose to take the right path." Or something along those lines. xD
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life:
Hobbies: Reading, art, music, gaming, ect
Something interesting about you I'm one of those people that wears my heart on my sleeve. Unfortunately that sometimes is my downfall.  

noushuddup

Shameless Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

the_cereal_queen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 pm
What you prefer to be called You may call me what you like.
Favourite animal and why I feel in love with elephants after I read The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti.
Quote you liked from someone you know in real life"O my gosh. Your sweat shirt is so comfortable. I don't want to give it back, but I will." My friend Lauren after I lent her my sweatshirt during band.
Hobbies Marching band, Regular band, book club, Choir, GSA, Key club, reading, skating
Something interesting about you I constantly talk to myself especially when there is no one around to talk to. There has been countless times some one has walked into the room asking who I am talking to and just look at them with a blank look. (normally I don't even realize I am talking.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:20 am
What you prefer to be called Just my username, Alutian, though in another guild some of the members got into a habit of calling me Alu. Either one works with me.

Favourite animal and why Oh, but there are too many to choose! All those amazing animals...okay, I'll try to make it simple: African Golden Cat. Solitary hunters from the jungles, and possibly one animal I might be if I wasn't human.

Quote you liked from a book you’ve read "Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis." Disticha Moralia. Speech is given to many; intelligence to few.

Quote you liked from someone you know in real life (Originally in Old English, though I can't remember it exactly...too many odd symbols on the blackboard). "The mass priest horribly stabbed the Bishop's goat in the church with a spear."
- Dr. "Jones," Latin I lesson.
Vivat caprea - let the goat live!

Hobbies Reading, writing (fiction), digital painting and drawing, karate, listening to music, designing fantasy costumes (esp. at Halloween)

Something interesting about you I'm now a Sophomore in college and going for a major in Creative Writing and a minor in Fine Arts. Yeah, creativity!  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm
What you prefer to be called - I like to be called Yukiza. She's an anime character that I made up (well just the name, NekoGirlItzura made me the character. It's amazing!!!). It took me forever to come up with the name. 4laugh

Favorite animal and why - It's always difficult to decide. I love horses, wolves, dogs, and cats. Horses are beautiful and graceful. Wolves are amazing creatures of mystery. Dogs are loyal and sweet. Cats are graceful and independent.

Favorite quote from a book - "These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder which, as they kiss, consume."

Favorite quote from known person - "Individually we are water drops. Together we are an ocean."

Hobbies - Reading, drawing, listening to music, singing, writing (fiction), playing with my puppies and hanging out with friends.

Something interesting about you - Well,...I am a freshmen in high school, I love to sing and draw, I play the cello in orchestra, and I am bowling this year for my high school team. Nineth on the girls team, which means I'm on junior varsity. heart  
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games