View Results

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:35 pm
Ahhh, haha, I see. Well, it wasn't really A song, more like I have to listen to EVERY song by Rush now. It's okay though, I've haven't listened to them in a long time, so I now I get to again.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:38 pm
Well, now you get to re-experience something you ave not for some time. So some good came from this, yes?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Omochii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 pm
invisible-weirdo
Because deep down inside, people are sadistic and like to watch the suffering of others. Fictional others, yes, but still.
There's a whole section in the bookstore categorised under "Painful Lives". Now isn't that wonderful. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:18 pm
Omochii
invisible-weirdo
Because deep down inside, people are sadistic and like to watch the suffering of others. Fictional others, yes, but still.
There's a whole section in the bookstore categorised under "Painful Lives". Now isn't that wonderful. gonk
That... is actually kind of made of awesome in a twisted way.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 am
Hm...well, in the play of my own life I am absolutely certain I play the lead role.

Wait, am I still the lead character if my mind thinks of myself as a fictional character, but of my own creation? Can I costar with myself? And what if I make a romantic interest for said other fictional representation of me, and I find real me pining after him/me as well? Which me gets to be lead?

My role in the lives of others I know seems to range from main character to supporting character. Or reoccurring character....yeah, that was an odd realization. Pretty sure I am not stage hand in anyone's life play...only because I'm not much good as a stage hand, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am

They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts.

I'd say.. I'm a kind of stage manager smile

I don't direct, or act... I give the actors the tools they need to put on their show -- and guide them all along. I don't get much praise, and lord knows if I did, I'd go crazy because I can't stand it.
But even the best actors need stage direction and someone to kick their butts into putting their everything into the performance.
And I need the actors to keep myself in check -- so I have no power trips, and I give myself the credit I deserve so that I don't fall into some kind of strange despair.

*and in theatre myself, in high school and college -- I worked as a stage hand, stage manager, assistant director, etc.. smile so, I really am fairly sure that is where I stand in life.

nataleanne

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:19 pm
I own the stage, have the right to fire any of the characters, change the script, or even cancel the play and start a new one! Mwahahaha!

Well I wish. Except that everyone would hate me, haha. But I guess I would be the camera person who films it so it could show on TV or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm
I suppose I must be a stage-hand.

My life seems to consist of the 'hurry up and wait' feeling that is the time between scene changes in a performance. I have high points of energy, then long and drawn out periods of calm and attentiveness. I could be very important if I wanted to, I have the ability to act after all, but I prefer to stay in the shadows even in my own life. Leave me be, that's just fine. It is more enjoyable for me to watch and aid others than try to control, outdo, or simply gawk at them.

"If all the world's a stage, why can't I see the glow tape!?"

blue_lutra

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas