What got you into The Beatles? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:55 pm
Ryokitty
i got a cd player when i was five and i was always looking for cd's to listen and i found a beatles number 1's cd and it just evolved from there.now i love the beatles so much my bedroom is covered in beatles stuff posters books and such.i love all of that old music from that generation.the stones,the who,bob dylan.

I love Dylan and I like The Who but I've just never been able to get into the Stones' music. I don't really know why. I've listened to several of their albums and it's never grown on me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:44 pm

The last day of school in 7th grade, I had band class. My then-band teacher, who I didn't like, played the Yellow Submarine movie. His wife was really into the Beatles, so it was a movie he had handy, and he liked it, too. We watched the movie and I was just about the only person who liked it (well, I LOVED it). At first, the color on the set was messed up, so the Meanies were green and no one understood why they were called "Blue Meanies".

Amazingly, a few weeks later over the summer, I stumbled across it at the local movies store on sale for a few bucks. It was pretty amazing because our movie rental place wasn't that great. Anyways, I bought it then and watched it a bajillion times. Then, Mom told me she had the "1" album and that launched into an obsession.

That was about 5 years now!

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

Total Trekkie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 am
When I was little kid, I was searching around in my brother's room while he was gone, and found the "Yellow Submarine" album. I put in our stereo, and started dancing around the room. I memorized all the songs on it. I lost that C.D. a while ago, but I still have the songs memorized. I guess I've loved them ever since. Now I force all my friends to watch "Across the Universe" with me when they come over. XD I got one friend who absolutely despised the Beatles to watch it, and now she won't stop talking about them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:48 pm
Okay well this is gonna be sort of long.
Prior to me being eight years old I had no interest in music. I refused to love it and I feel stupid for it. XD I felt kind of embarassed to like it.
Then my dad found out about itunes and he got it and burnt cd's day and night and got up to 8,602 songs and then loaded them onto my laptop. :3
Then one day, I made a fort out of the living room couch and went inside with my laptop and started to listen to itunes. All of the artists were in alphabetical order and Audioslave was first and then The Beatles were next. >w< The sound of them just appealed to me 0.0 they were sort of beckoning to me. So I listened to them for about an hour and then asked my dad about them. :3 And he told me some stuff and then I started to listen to them over and over. <3 ((I have the diary entry and the date of the day that I got into The Beatles, btw >w<)) Then I learned how to burn cds and I would burn cd's of the tracks off of the Anthology's >w< And then I got an ipod and The Beatles was all that was on my ipod!
Then my dad was going though the albums and I found the White Album with the posters. I hung them in my room and started to learn their names. I remember I thought John was George and George was John for a long while until my dad corrected me. XD
And I've loved them ever since. :3 I'm totally the Beatles Girl in my school. I have been since I was in 3rd grade.
So I've loved them for.. 6 years almost 7. :3 (8-13)

THE SPACE lNVADER

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

You Can Call Me Al

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:42 pm
When I was really young my grandma knitted me a Ringo doll which I lost a while ago ( crying ) so I guess I've liked them since then.And when I was eight my dad made me watch Help! And I was like OH MY GAWD THESE GUYS ARE SO AMAZING. And thats when I started all of my Beatle colecting and obsession (:.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:50 am
When I was very young, I kept hearing Let it Be and Hey Jude on the radio. I really liked those songs and would sing the chorus part. my mom also had burned a CD that had Wings 3 songs on it. I believe my favorite song was Band on the Run.
I got to know Ringo the first. My mom had taped the first season of Thomas the Tank Engine and I thought that Ringo was the best narrator. I didn't know he was a Beatle until my mom told me before my 13th birthday.
I never got to know George that well. And now he's my favorite.
I got really into them when we sang "Beatles In Revue" for chorus class. I took a second to look at our song packets, and saw that Let it Be was on it, and I was like," OH MY GOD! I KNOW THAT SONG!!! "
Then I found out about Ringo.
Lastly, I found out that Paul was a member of the Wings.
The obsession started from there. smile  

StarPrincess28

Sheepcorn

Beloved Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:56 pm
When I was about...2/3/ or 4 my father showed me who the Beatles were and I was a big fan ever since.Learning more and more about who the Beatles were got me even more interested them.I would like to know more so I talk to other Beatles Fans and share knowledge about them. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:37 pm
This might be a wee bit long, but it's a story that I like to tell.

I was about 5 or 6 years old. I was looking through the newspaper one day, and I found a little picture of a rather handsome looking young man. I immediately went to my mom, paper in hand, and pointed him out to her.

"I want this." I said. She laughed and cut it out and laminated it for me. Finally, after toting it around with me for a few days, I finally asked;

"Who is this?" My mom was very amused. She had assumed that I knew who it was.

"It's Paul McCartney, sweetie."

"Who's that?"

She then tried to explain to me that he was a member of the Beatles.

"Who are the Beatles?"

She made me listen to one of their albums; perhaps Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper's, I'm not too sure anymore. I know that I didn't care very much. I was just in love with my little Paulie.

Finally, my little picture fell apart (after taking a bath with it). I forgot all about the Beatles and my Paul until I was about 7 or 8. Me and my mother had moved in with her boyfriend, who was an avid record collector. I was digging through his stash one day, and I found this ratty old record, where someone had poked holes into the teeth and eyes of the group of the front with a straight pin. There was something very familiar about them, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

After a while of wondering and questioning, I finally asked someone to actually play the record. My mom turned on the stereo and put the needle down against the vinyl.

'One, Two, Three, FOUR!'

"OHMIGOD, MOM! IT'S THE BEATLES!"

"Well, duh, silly."

After that, I DEMANDED all of the Beatles music that I could get. My mom bought me the red compilation record and a copy of Sgt. Pepper on cassette. I stole her boyfriend's copy of Abbey Road and Rubber Soul, and from that day on I was in heaven.

Until I forgot about them again.

Then when I was 10 and Yellow Submarine was re-released on DVD, I immediately got back into them. I had most of the records on vinyl, I had a Yellow Submarine themed room, and I spent most of my time talking about them. By this time, I had forgotten all about my love with Paul, and I was mad into George.

Then, just as quickly as it had come, it all went away. The obession was gone, and I was just a casual fan of their music. I didn't go out of my way to see shows about them or listen to their music. I didn't religiously spout on about them; I just grew up a bit.

Fast forward to my most recent birthday. Somehow, I had gotten my hands on a vinyl copy of the 'Love Songs' compilation on vinyl. I popped it onto my new record player that I had gotten, and once again I was in love.

I had forgotten my roots. I had forgotten how amazing their music was, how it helped me through my tumultuous childhood. Then, when I heard that they were re-releasing all of their music remastered, and Rock Band, I was back into the fandom. Now all I seem to do is talk about them, listen to them, and write about them.

See, I told you it would be long. whee  

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

astrorum

Bashful Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 pm
Across The Universe really got me into the Beatles.
I found out about the movie when my dad watched it. The one of my best friends saw it and went crazy over the Beatles. Now I like them too.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:04 pm
Not gonna lie, I just recently got into The Beatles. I mean, my mom used to be one of those psycho-screaming fangirls when she was like 13 and she loved Ringo, and I knew them from all her stories, but I never really was into them. Then I caught Across The Universe on my prom night while I was getting dressed. I really, really dug the music and then when the new releases came out, I bought Love to suprise my mom. I listened to it for a while and loved it.
Beforehand though, I had always loved Hey Jude (before A.T.U.) and want to name my son that when I have children, but I hadn't understood what was so crazy awesome about The Beatles (even though I am crazy-fangirl in love with The Who).  

Hot_Butterfly

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm
back in 2nd grade, my cousin was like listening to the beatles i got curious and eventually loved the music. my first song was 'yellow submarine'.
then i grew out of it (thank you very much elvis presley.)

so just last summer i was searching through our laptop's itunes and saw the beatles (i typed in 60s because i already typed in 00s, 90s, 80s and 70s.) i was like, "omg i remember this!" and i haven't realized how much i missed the songs. D:
but then grew out of it again (thank you very much gorillaz.)

then on 9-10-09 (9-09-09 in the states) my dad was all alone in our dining room in front of our laptop. he said, "our the beatles songs' recording doesn't sound so good so i changed it into new ones." then he asked, "hey isa, you know the beatles' new album?" i answered, "love?" and he said, "no." he gave me a big smile and showed me a ton of videos (mostly ads for the remastered box set and the opening cinematic for the beatles rockband, which i must say was very impressive.) then there. i guess i got hooked back into the beatles, till now.

i was so happy when my dad gave me the job to download all the beatles songs in the beatles rockband (he downloaded the beatles 1 album first.)

so that's about it...i guess.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:21 am
In my grade 8 band class, for one of the trips we did in New Brunswick We learned to play 'Hey Jude' for one of the concerts we played at the schools. After that I forgot about them until this guy I like said that he was a Beatles fan which made me one because I started listening to the music to know what the hell he was talking about, anyway I started to play 'Hey Jude' on my flute again I didn't have the sheet music anymore so I had to write all the notes in my self, it was hard but in the end it turned out really good. So at the beginning of a band class I will start to play it, my friends play different instruments then I do so they will play along as they translate the notes to their own notes. That is how I became a Beatles fan ( I know the whole Liking the guy thing and becoming a Beatles fan through that was really stupid reason but...)  

iLennon

1,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Blind Hodd

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 pm
AliceCullen-81
In my grade 8 band class, for one of the trips we did in New Brunswick We learned to play 'Hey Jude' for one of the concerts we played at the schools. After that I forgot about them until this guy I like said that he was a Beatles fan which made me one because I started listening to the music to know what the hell he was talking about, anyway I started to play 'Hey Jude' on my flute again I didn't have the sheet music anymore so I had to write all the notes in my self, it was hard but in the end it turned out really good. So at the beginning of a band class I will start to play it, my friends play different instruments then I do so they will play along as they translate the notes to their own notes. That is how I became a Beatles fan ( I know the whole Liking the guy thing and becoming a Beatles fan through that was really stupid reason but...)

there is no stupid reason, unless you count mindless ly following a trend and not liking the music a reason(not that im accusing you of anything, it's good that you like them.).... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:11 pm
I grew up with them when my parents would listen to them in the car and we would all sing alon... razz  

emo science geek

iLennon

1,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:58 am
fubar0
AliceCullen-81

there is no stupid reason, unless you count mindless ly following a trend and not liking the music a reason(not that im accusing you of anything, it's good that you like them.).... rolleyes

No I really do like their music I am probable getting a t-shirt today or tomorrow with the beatles on it  
The Beatles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff