Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Holy hell the songs! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the new opening and ending songs?
  Yes
  No
  AAAAAH! *Stabs ears*
View Results

Goddess-of-the-moon1

Eternal Senshi

18,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm
I LOVE YOU VIC! but i clicked yes before i read and saw you meant the english versions... my ears.. are bleeding... FRIENDS DON"T LET FRIENDS WATCH DUBBED!@  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:11 am
You know.... they kinda grow on you....  

Valiant_Moon
Crew

Romantic Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Pure Felicity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:53 pm
I can't believe the singers they chose for the English opening and ending themes. :l In my opinion the Japanese versions of both songs are much better.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:51 pm
I don't really have a problem with the ones they used for the English opening/closing. I like all the versions English and Japanese.  

SnowWtch

DarkHyacinth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 pm
I wouldn't say that the singers that sang the opening and ending are necessarily awful singers

They were just not meant AT ALL to sing those songs. Ick!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:37 am
I love the songs in ouran there so catchy and after I've watched it i also start singing them, or have them in my head for ages.  

Angel Mechanholy

4,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:03 am
the English version songs make my ears bleed.
Japanese songs are wayyyyy better  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:44 am
User Image

Now, now everyone, I can see that you dislike the opening and ending, but that doesn't mean that you should be exceedingly dramatic about it. Look, I've enjoyed watching anime for over eight years now and I apologize, but I'm sick and tired of hearing fans complain about certain aspects of the American English Anime Industry.

I watch both the Japanese and English versions of Ouran, and I personally think that the English version of Sakura Kiss is actually well made to coincide with that of the Japanese. The ending song is a little pitchy due to the fact that the vocal methods we use in the United States are different to that of Japanese. With the forms of language and pitch, as well as the accepted style of music in Japan, Japanese singers have created their own identities in the music world. The United States has performers who sing differently as much of our accepted vocal style has body due to our stronger form of language.

Understand this, the American Anime Industry licenses anime for the enjoyment of the public, but voice actors and opening/ending singers alike are given the ability to make the series, they are given, a bit more personal. Think about it, we're lucky to have amazing voice actors such as Vic and Caitlin Glass who allow us to hear our favorite anime in English. Most of the times, one best understands a storyline when hearing it in our native language. Yes, anime is from Japan, but to capture a larger audience, one must spread language to the fullest.

I've digressed off the original topic, but once again, the opening and ending of OHSHC aren't terrible. Quite a bit of hard work went into translating the song and performing it to give the series a more personal appeal to the team who worked on this anime. Besides, after the sixth episode one just skips over the opening, Japanese or Otherwise, why make such a big deal?

Many of us early anime lovers watched Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and even Tenchi Muyo in English, did we notice that the series were dubbed? No, we were enjoying our first tastes of anime in our first language. Please, people, stop this unneeded complaining!

User Image  

Yuzume_Mikien

4,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Xpinkie eveX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 pm
Huge dissapontment =[  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 pm
Vic's version was amazing. After I heard him singing the ending theme, I went and watched the entire season of FMA. I had never watched that show before. I swear, I went Vic fangirl crazy after hearing him sing.

The opening and ending in English could have been done better, I admit, but given that fact that nothing ever lives up to the original, it could have been worse.

Emira Brightleaf

Blessed Miko

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 pm
Yay! Someone brought this up!!! Well, I applaud them for trying to sing the OP and ED in English enyway. Just as Brightleaf said, nothing ever lives up to the original. And, Vic is amazing!!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:08 am
theyer pretty good  

Tokie-Bear3000

mitsuki-ten

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:05 pm
2 options
1.keep it japanese
2.if they must translate it,get better singers  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 pm
I watched the japanese with subs, and english with dubs. There is quite a difference with the songs, and I admit that once I heard the opening, I was instantly disappointed. Though I'm not going to go on a rampage about it. It could have been better, or it could have been worse. I was just surprised they actually translated the songs to english or whatever since I haven't seen it done (with any of the animes I watched so far anyway) before. I don't have any problem with the ending though. It reminds me of the japanese version a bit, and in my honest opinion it's not bad. Though if I pick favorites, I'd have to say I like Vic's version better. But, the one that's there is there, so I'm okay with it for the most part.  

SoulRubix

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:12 pm
I thought the Japanese versions were much better. The English versions just.... sucked.
Funimation needs to get better dubs. stare

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces