a banner from someone posting
  searching the Gaia Guild System
  word of mouth
  an old SCA thread
  a direct invite
View Results

Roxsee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm
I, too, saw the banner in someone signature. It hadn't even dawned on me to search for SCA in the guilds. But I'm very happy I found it.

I got my start in the SCA in San Antonio, when I moved there to do a museum internship after college. I'd heard of the SCA, and then the local group was doing a demo at the same festival that I was manning the museum info booth. I chatted a bit with the members, and I was hooked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:12 am
I saw a post with a banner in it and freaked because it hadn't even occured to me that there were other uber geeks like me that not only got into Gaia and anime but SCA too. So then I had to join. Its a sweet story really. biggrin  

xxDethWishxx

MajorMinor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:26 pm
I saw a post with an SCA banner and I freaked! lol I forgot who's post it was but im very glad i found it ^_^
MajorMinor  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:44 am
i was looking throught my friends guilds and found this.  

endragh

Friendly Fairy

Annalise Morwen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:14 pm
I was one of the people who poked Imzy into making the guild.

And I just got swept along the path of the SCA with several friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:22 pm
Searched the guild system for the SCA and here I am!  

tanwyn_llewellyn

Wave-Darer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:43 pm
My son dragged me in kicking and screaming, so I could post some stories of my 32 years in the SCA.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Llewlyn left a comment on my profile page, asking whether I was a member of the guild. My response, via PM, was "What guild?" She sent me a link, and I joined right away.  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

KonstantinJ

1,250 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:29 pm
I was researching for a History paper, and somehow, while searching for "calendar deputy" a link to An Tir randomly showed up in the links. I've had dealings with the SCA before and i thought to myself "This looks like something from the SCA..." So, I clicked on it. It got me wanting to get back into the group...or at least go to a few meetings and see what I've been missing. I'm plan on dragging my roommates along and tortu...er...introduce them to SCA. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:38 pm
I just got home form an event and thought i would see if the SCA was on gaia, and to my glee it was^^  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:58 pm
littlegreengirl
I'm just curious to find out how people have found our little Guild here... especially since there are so many new members!

- If you also have an interesting story about how you joined the SCA, please share!

a friend i recently met last weekend, at the Spring Coronet in Cae Mor randomly told me on msn as we'd just realized that we each had a Gaia account, that there was an SCA guild, i thought "No way you're kidding me" so i went and looked it up, and here i am! biggrin

North_of_Nita actually! xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:15 am
endragh told me about it 3nodding  

Rikusi

Invisible Reveler

8,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:47 pm
I'm so happy to hear that the word of mouth thing is going! Yay! Before the guild, I had absolutely no idea how many SCA folk were on Gaia. Woohoo!! mrgreen mrgreen  
Zero_Monster rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 6 Total: 18 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
littlegreengirl
I'm just curious to find out how people have found our little Guild here... especially since there are so many new members!

- If you also have an interesting story about how you joined the SCA, please share!

a friend i recently met last weekend, at the Spring Coronet in Cae Mor randomly told me on msn as we'd just realized that we each had a Gaia account, that there was an SCA guild, i thought "No way you're kidding me" so i went and looked it up, and here i am! biggrin

Nita's my fiancee!!!  

Zero_Monster

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:02 am
Naito_Mitsukai
littlegreengirl

That's really funny, actually. whee My story is quite simple, Dema invited me! 4laugh  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff