Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything Death Note
Death Note: Another Note "The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:52 pm
I got home from school today and my book had arrived! (I ordered it from Amazon a week or so back.)
Lucky for me it was Friday, so I could disregard the homework I had...
Yeah, I finished it in a couple of hours. 3nodding
Some parts of it really bothered me though, like how Nisioisin put in "..." for a silence all the time. And so often after B would say something strange he'd just put in an adjective like - Perceptive.

...I wonder if he knows his name is a palindrome? (Nisioisin, I mean.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 pm
OMG!! i bought the book!!
I got crazy over it..
I mean it rocked!

I still love it..  

Ciro Blue

Distinct Genius

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

xXLovelessxGeassXx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm
A Alao
Did you guys get the novel? I'm almost half way done. It's a bit hard to follow and confusing at times, but WOW is it good.

I didn't think it was confusing at all... infact, most of it was even predictable! 3nodding
however, it was absolutely AMAZING! xd
it changed my way of thinking... and made math fun! biggrin
LoL  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:50 pm
The whole book had plot twists and could have made a person confused easily which I found funny. I let my friend read the book and when he was done, the first thing he said was "WTF...I'm totally confused about the book." It was hilarious trying to explain it to him.  

Niijiro

Invisible Guildsman

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:10 am
Catalog Cats
I liked it. Mello is funny in the first few pages.

It's not as good as the original series of course, and I don't consider any of the characters who were in it and not the original to be real characters, but it was still enjoyable.

The not considering them real characters of course in no way stems from my bitterness at BB being a valid search opinion on fanfiction.net but Linda not being one. Not at all.

Isn't that because Linda gets oh, I don't know, ONE MENTION while B gets an entire book about his case? =  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 pm
User ImageMisa Amane: I could never live in a world without light!
L Lawliet: Yes, that would be very dark..
User Image

I didn't care for it.. But I do want it just because it's a Death Note thing, and it has BB in it.

Previous Ryuzaki

Uchihaichiraku

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm
This book was a spin off novel, I didn't expect it to be as great as the Death Note series itself, but it was fun to read nonetheless. The intro admittledly had me a little off....if they called the narator Mello awhile ago...does that mean that Mello came back from the dead to write these notes/story? Or did he wrigth this right before he died...? Other than that I found that the book was funny, full of somewhat predictable plot twists, and an engrossing case. I gives it 9/10!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 am
Uchihaichiraku
This book was a spin off novel, I didn't expect it to be as great as the Death Note series itself, but it was fun to read nonetheless. The intro admittledly had me a little off....if they called the narator Mello awhile ago...does that mean that Mello came back from the dead to write these notes/story? Or did he wrigth this right before he died...? Other than that I found that the book was funny, full of somewhat predictable plot twists, and an engrossing case. I gives it 9/10!
User ImageMisa Amane: I could never live in a world without light!
L Lawliet: Yes, that would be very dark..
User Image

BB died long before Mello did, so I'm sure that Mello would have enough time to write a novel.

Previous Ryuzaki

Yinmasha2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:46 pm
Omg i hav been looking all ovr for that book!!! I want to read it so bad!!!! heart Beyond Birthday!!!! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 pm
Yinmasha2
Omg i hav been looking all ovr for that book!!! I want to read it so bad!!!! heart Beyond Birthday!!!! heart

It's a good book.It wasn't what I had expected,but I loved it nonetheless.BB is awesome.  

Socially Awkward Cassbutt

Loyal Giver

11,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150

Roxy-bear1216

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:37 pm
i wanna read the book!!! BB!!! XO heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:57 pm
2 things
1 Nisioisin is the authors pen name of course he knows its a palindrome thats why he made it!
2 mello states his way of death exactly in the intro meaning the book could not have been written before he died unless he saw the future  

axaxel

6,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:36 am
axaxel
2 things
1 Nisioisin is the authors pen name of course he knows its a palindrome thats why he made it!
2 mello states his way of death exactly in the intro meaning the book could not have been written before he died unless he saw the future

Well, that's brilliant. What the hell does it mean then?
So is Mello a Death God now? Is he going to drop his story into the human world like a Death Note?

A side note: I don't believe Beyond Birthday could have died. Think of how protected L's own identity is. Why would he be so careless with the identity of someone who might have replaced him? For that matter, Beyond Birthday doesn't sound like a given name. (Ok, considering most of the other "American" names in the book, it is possible. Weird kid, Nisio is.) It's probably self-styled and he probably has a name in the family register--most clues point to him being Japanese (Akazukin Cha Cha, for instance, makes little sense if you aren't intimate with Japanese culture). Even if the news showed a photograph, Misa hadn't joined Kira yet, so he wouldn't have use of the Eyes. (Misa joined Kira April 17 of that year, while BB died in January.) Any flaws in my logic? I know Word of God (Ohba and Obata) says in How to Read: 13 that BB was in fact killed by Kira, so don't try to argue with me there.
...Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:58 pm
Eccentric Detective
axaxel
2 things

So is Mello a Death God now? Is he going to drop his story into the human world like a Death Note?

A side note: I don't believe Beyond Birthday could have died. Think of how protected L's own identity is. Why would he be so careless with the identity of someone who might have replaced him? For that matter, Beyond Birthday doesn't sound like a given name. (Ok, considering most of the other "American" names in the book, it is possible. Weird kid, Nisio is.) It's probably self-styled and he probably has a name in the family register--most clues point to him being Japanese (Akazukin Cha Cha, for instance, makes little sense if you aren't intimate with Japanese culture). Even if the news showed a photograph, Misa hadn't joined Kira yet, so he wouldn't have use of the Eyes. (Misa joined Kira April 17 of that year, while BB died in January.) Any flaws in my logic? I know Word of God (Ohba and Obata) says in How to Read: 13 that BB was in fact killed by Kira, so don't try to argue with me there.
...Any thoughts?

about the narrator topic : ive always searched for a plausible explanation but found none so i just left it to my since of disbelief and try not to think of who's telling the story
and yeah i dont think bb would be dead either  

axaxel

6,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 am
axaxel
Eccentric Detective
axaxel
2 things

...Any thoughts?

about the narrator topic : ive always searched for a plausible explanation but found none so i just left it to my since of disbelief and try not to think of who's telling the story
and yeah i dont think bb would be dead either

YAY!
Come to think of it, how does Mello know all this stuff? How the heck does he know how B planned to kill Backyard Bottomslash (he wondered if a human could die from internal blood loss without rupturing an organ in the introduction before Mello interrupts himself) before eventually cutting off that left arm and her leg? The arm was never found... The only explanation I can think of is if L visited B in jail and used his mad interrogation skills to get BBq to tell him everything. Or somehow B met Mello personally and told him... >:/ Still doesn't make much sense.  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff