Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Da Hunk

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:28 pm
wow people!  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:31 am
Lahlooooouh

I do think that there are some items that are well balanced and fair, but that is why when we play we get rid of certain items. Such as the heart and hammer. We keep the items that require more skill and competency of usage.

I can agree with this. There's nothing wrong with having a preference for items and just plain not liking other items. That's why the item switch is there.

I guess I was just getting worked up because of the "no items! they're not fair!" attitude that seems to come about as a result of people who never play for fun, just for tournaments.
Also the use of the word "scrub" when it doesn't refer to a tree or one who scrubs.  

Mokie7

Deathmask97

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:42 pm
Wow, it seems like we were talking about race here!
Is "scrub" the new N-word or something? Sheesh!
People getting worked up over a game!

But yeah, I understand what they mean by the unfairness of items.
I don't actually own Brawl yet, but when I do play, the only item I put on is the Smash Ball. Not because I don't like items, I actually love them! If I have a good character I can win because I got awsome aim! (I used to snipe in the temple stage with Young Link, and I could hit people dead from on top of the tower to the right!) A single pokeball, assist trophy, or even an exploding capsle can really spell doom for other players or even yourself. I'll admit, items take a lot of skill, but to test true Smash Bros. strength, its better to use limited or no items.

I can't believe people can get so worked up over this!
After I read the ENTIRE thread (there goes 25 minutes of my life), I coudn't help but laugh.

SilentBlackTiger
All right, everyone calm the hell down.

rofl ROFL!!! LMAO!!! rofl
I don't know why, I just found that funny...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:43 pm
Deathmask97

SilentBlackTiger
All right, everyone calm the hell down.

rofl ROFL!!! LMAO!!! rofl
I don't know why, I just found that funny...

stare  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

king Hippo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 pm
Why do you guys have to make such a big deal just to defend your point? T.T it's just a game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:50 pm
I can beat everyone in my household without items, but I can beat them easier with items. I prefer to play with items in casual/online play. It's more fun for me. However, I'd rather play without items in a tournament setting. Both using items and not using items take just as much skill, but items have the randomness factor. That's all there is to it. And in a three/four stock setting, there isn't enough time for the items to favor both players enough to even the luck factor out.  

Psychicmind

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

flaming_demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:30 am
I agree, items do change the balance of a match and add luck as a factor to the outcome, I'll use items when playing with my friends, but I prefer having them off, and I hate fighting people for the first time who'll pout when they find out items are off. I usually play no-items, 6-stock, random stage.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:08 am
items do suck there only good just to get music CDs  

Flyheight

Distinct Spotter

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items