Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:33 am
TaoShaman
Sugar in Lemonade
That's why it's good to have people like us debate. Lmao.

Well, they had a derp moment. Can't say I blame them though, considering it was just that abrupt. If the kids didn't mind though I don't think it's too big a deal. I'm sure Roger wasn't the only adult running around doing things either. :3 Apparently Watari is not as important lmao. Wammy fail.

That's because people can't think more in depth. *Just gonna say it* Much like yaoi fangirls going AHHHH LxLIGHT at the foot massage scene when there are absolutely no sexual implications there as L IS ABOUT TO FREAKING DIE, it's SAD, and it's an exact biblical reference. Bl All they see is buttsex apparently. It gets me pissed. Death Note is chalk full of religious references too. I find it interesting. Even the opening credits have specific drawings meant to look like portraits of famous things.
The day L x Light have buttsex is the day the world will end.

Yeah, they don't but more in depth thinking leads us to seeing the psychological parts at least. :3 Evangelion ******** EVERYWHERE. ...Ah. I like over analyzing things. ;D It gets you thinking = makes you smarter. Sometimes it's fun to do, unless it's for a class. Haha. The author may give little symbols for things that you are actually supposed to over analyze. You never know. As long as you're having fun I don't think it should matter too much. ^^

Hopefully not from somewhere too far, but yes even states or...hell, even two hours away from where I live it was quite a culture shock. Well, I could but then this wouldn't be a Death note discussion or rather it would have a small relation to it all lmao. That's why I pinpointed a small part specifically. :B
You sure? Because like I said, everybody's different. Maybe not ALL of them, but there could be a few. As for my friend, she had to change herself entirely and only has a little speck left of who she used to be. Not to mention, god forbid we even know WHY they are orphans. I mean, say for example...if I saw my family slaughtered before me and became an orphan. Yeah, I'd probably be pretty messed up. A lot. Luckily, I'm the type of person that can move on pretty well...but damn that would take a while. Maybe Mello's family got EXPLODED BY WILLY WONKA'S FACTORY. /shot

Nahhh, it's just ignorance is all. People who don't know and automatically assume something about one's culture or make stereotypical judgments need to learn more. ...TOTO, WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE. *I'm sorry I had too lol*
Then good. :p I think we both got this officially covered all the way and anyone that says otherwise is derping. *THUMBS UP OHHH YEAH* biggrin
So basically to sum this up. WAMMY'S SHOULD HAVE PREPARED BETTER and not been retarded about it. /END
='D

Sometimes debates do get out of hand.

I guess they did just have extremely poor planning.That's just kind of their own fault I guess.

There are a lot of references. That would be interesting though.Just have to admit it would.

Still sometimes people analyzing things in a way completely different than the author intended.Like everyone says Farenheit 451 is about censorship when it's not.The author says it's about the evils of TV and radio and people even tell him he's wrong when it's his book so he can't be.It's hard to tell what the author may mean.

I recently moved over halfway across the US. Still, it seems very unlikely they'd change that much just from moving. I doubt they moved from that far. It's not like he'd really go around the world searching for little orphan kids. That's creepy.
Why might be something.But any "responsible" orphanage would get them mental health if it was that bad. And why would Mello eat chocolate if that happened, wouldn't he be like DIE CHOCOLATE DIE RAWR RAWR RAWR!!!!

Even though many stereotypes come from at least somewhat the truth and a lot are just lies, but often they come from the truth. Like pretty much everything I though about Kansas ended up being true.
Agreed. They should just plan waaaaaaaaay better. Maybe hire a planning consultant if that's a real thing. I think it is.Maybe.Probably.90% sure.^_^'

We all feel strongely about something I suppose. @@;

Fail Roger is fail. Yeah. I like looking into it. I love the way L's entire death scene is played out in general. *Cries every time lol* Because it just has so much meaning behind it. Yet people are too focused on LOLOLOSEX. Even though...there's nothing there. <_< The last thing L and Light would care about just in general would even be sex. It's just ridiculous. *Saves that debate for later*
It'd be interesting to make a thread about symbolic meaning in the series. surprised Maybe I should do that sometime and we can list things. Everyone would interpret different things I'm sure too.

Very true. I remember when we read "The Giver" *Had already read it before class too* ... in middle school. Not sure if you read it but even the AUTHOR says the kid didn't die in the end and I never thought he did in general. The ending had like...music and christmas lights and he went over a hill =conquering over and making it. So many kids in my class were like LOL HE DIED. I'm like...no. My teacher even debated with me and who turned out to be right? lD Oh yeahhh, me. /shot
But that definitely shows people look into it too much at times.

Who knows. Maybe a few at least. It's interesting to think if their quirks...if they had them before and they just became over exaggerated at Wammy's or if they really did just develop them there. surprised Maybe they let the little geniuses indulge=bad.
Mental health lmao. I can only imagine how that would go over with all of them...it'd be amusing. xD
Mello's insaneeee. I wish I could eat that much freaking chocolate and not gain any weight wtf. Bl

So do you have Toto too? 8D Lmao. They should. They need some nurses, social workers, and other people in there. >:[ It'd keep them in line.
One thing I can say. How did anyone NOT notice how B.B. was changing...since we're on Wammy's retard moments. I'm sure he displayed psychological behavior often enough to have a red flag warning. o_o I mean, god. What did they do after A died? Just be like hey man it's all good. Let this kid be effed up for his ENTIRE LIFE HE JUST HAS TO BE A BACKUP FOR L. Interesting to think about that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm
Roger just kind of is made of fail.So is Linda.But she's another thing. They do add a lot of symbolism.How much of it is supposed to mean something is another thing since like in Evangelion, not all of the religious symbolism in the movie is meant to mean something.Some of it is just to look cool. That would be a pretty cool thread.

True.We're discussing the books we read in one of my classes tomorrow in groups by book.I already know a bunch of people are just going to think A Clockwork Orange=RAPEx10.For one thing that only happens like 2 times.It's not the major point of what he does.He kinda does violence just in general.That's probably why so many people didn't read it.Also they're too lazy to translate it.Some people overanalyze the wrong thing because they're just too lazy to think about any other part.

I feel like they probably developed them there.But that environment cannot have helped pre-existing problems.Like what about the ones not meant to succeed L.What do they even do?I'd feel really sad if I were them.
Mental Health might help them though.It would have prevented the endings of Evangelion, Naru Taru, probably Elfen Lied. Like how Near possibly eats plastic.It's just a rumor, but I don't know. stare

I have barely even seen The Wizare of Oz.Pretty much everyone here knows all about it though.Weird. It seems like they would have medical staff.Maybe they're just cheap and that's why they eat so bad. You'd think they'd notice A before s/he(I don't know if they said) killed themself. And then there's F? from the 3rd movie.What she did kinda was Watari's fault.He apparently was really vague about their purpose.  

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Contradistinctive Ryuzaki

Distinct Genius

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm
Ryuzaki isn't exactly a social kind of person. So he probably isn't use to saying things like, "Thank you."

Although he may not really show it, I'm sure he cares a lot about Watari and thinks of him like a father figure. Actually, there were a few scenes in Death Note that did show he cared.

( Noms on a brownie. ) Off topic, though.... Ren, you're in this guild to!? eek

//Horohoro//

And.. And Lemonade.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm
True. I think Watari might have a little anger though. The whole Wammy's House thing kinda has some angry undertones. It's kinda Nazi-ish if you really think about it. It has some similar ideas. Not a lot. But enough to see.

*licks ice cream* Yep, I'm here too.

Tea's better.  

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Marquise S Mindfang

Ace Ace

24,325 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:43 pm
Srs bsns going on here. Would love to contribute but I don't have much to say razz  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff