Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
[Newcomers to the Style] FAQ & Link List - Postable Now Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors since 3:25CST, April 1st, 2009

View Results

Chibi Rat

Dedicated Bilge rat

15,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:40 am
Here is a list of Loli Shopping Sites that I found a little while ago, I hope it helps.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:54 am
That site and an older version were actually something looked into for the creation of the link list. (:

Unfortunately, many of the websites they list either are too wild for lolita [Blasphemina's closet] or else they are terrible quality [White Peacock]. Many of the others don't have reputable, unbiased reviews on them that I have found for me to use in judging them.

spuntino
Crew

Chibi Rat

Dedicated Bilge rat

15,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:00 pm
gomen ne sweatdrop
I should've looked through the rest of the sites before posting.

~Chibi  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:05 pm
It's possible that some of them have changed over the past few months. I'll look into them and see if I can find reviews. (:

spuntino
Crew

lCatwomanI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 am
I am new to Lolita and I am more Goth /Punk/Casual Lolita than Sweet Lolita What would you suggest I should do first Gothic Punk or Casual first ? What brands do you recomend from these Styles that I should start looking for first ?

Right now my favorite brand is MA and MAM so do you think I should wait and see how much I can save or make something that looks simialar to the style ?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:05 am
I'd suggest starting with casual first, to get the hang of the shape and accessories before you dive straight into the full-blown style. Also, take a look at Putumayo/Putomayo's pieces. Since you like MA/MAM from MAXICIMAM, you may well like some of their punk lolita pieces as well. They're not terribly high quality, but they're not bad for their price, at all.

I say go with both of your options, to be honest. If you're really interested in MA and MAM, I'd say save up and buy a few pieces. It's worth it in the end to get something that you truly love. At the same time, there's a great deal of satisfaction to be had from making your own clothing, and it'll help you save money. (:

spuntino
Crew

lCatwomanI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 am
Thank you ^^ .  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 pm
Reviewed some sites that were given to me and added a handful of new links today! Hope they're helpful. (:

spuntino
Crew

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 pm
Updated the link list with a few links; I'm also working on gathering reviews beyond my own experience for another section in the post. It'll have information about different sellers; good, bad, and neutral experiences included and links to reviews and testimonials.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:56 pm

I really have to say thank you from the deepst of my heart for this guide, I never ever found one so complete!!!

Sweet and Cheeky

Fashionable Gaian

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:03 pm
I'm going to start updating this list and FAQ soon. Are there any questions that should be added? I have a list so far of things I know I'll be putting up:

What is TaoBao? (this will be a new section all on its own)
- Can I find lolita goods there?
- How do I buy from TaoBao?
- Is Secret Shop a good brand of shoes?
+ Where can I buy Secret Shop shoes?
+ How is the sizing on Secret Shop Shoes?
- ???

Can _____ be worn in lolita?
- low-waisted/drop-waisted skirts
- legwarmers
- ???

Where can I find off-brand lolita items with any regularity?
- Good shops and bad, accessories versus full outfits
- Stores to cover: Forever21, Target, Charlotte Russe, HotTopic, Claire's/The Icing, JCPenney, Kohl's, H&M
- Smaller brands
- Are Chinese brands reliable? (Surface Spell/Kids Yoyo/Infanta/RSeries/etc.)
- ???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:29 am
Okay. I updated the FAQ and Link List both, added new questions/answers, new links and reviews, and updated the layout so that it's prettier [I think, anyway]. If there are any questions you want to see added, or if you want further details about anything that's been added to the FAQ or Link List, please post here and let me know!

spuntino
Crew

PandaPapaya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am
Thanks for the information! I'm just learning about this new style.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 pm
can a boy wear a girls lolita outfit  

Aira Nami Nico Robin

1,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nanomachines Son

Mega Noob

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100