Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:28 pm
The flaming hair just doesn't seem to work...

But then again, I really have no taste...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:30 pm
I like this avatar, a lot. The limited number of elements help keep it from the disorganized mess that plagues Gaia. I like how you changed up the classic Prada color scheme (which was getting to be so cliche) by switching which color was the accent.

If I were to pick an element that bothers me, it would have to be the eyebrows. It's not bad, just, bothersome.

-Tsuji

[EDIT] Sorry, Erv, I missed ya while typing. I'll write one for you too.
[EDIT 2] Ok, Erv. All in all, I think that the avatar feels cluttered. You have too many different elements. I like the base that you have, but in adding the dragons and bird you lose focus.  

124-C

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:42 pm
It's very Jimmy. Ve-e-e-e-ry Jimmy. The bird throws off the duplicative effect, though.

As for the clutter, half the stuff I've got on here is actually gifts from other people that I said I'd wear. I suppose I could cut back, as it were.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:29 pm
Well, to be honest, as much as I like it, oddly enough, the bird seems the most out of place in the entire ensemble.  

Arcanas

Hunter

WhisperingSouls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:32 pm
i love it! very charming, looks like a great gentlemen  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:50 pm
xp You seem to end up having the post directly above mine fairly often, so I feel like I'm ragging on your avvies alot.

Anyway, it's not remotely original. It's not hard to do a decent avatar with little gold. There are lots of nice items that are cheap, and it would look like you put more work into it if you mixed and matched, instead of just using a set.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:02 pm
I do love the use of pink and blue, although pink isn't one of my favorite colors. I do like how you incorporate the use of the wings in just about every single avi you do.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:55 pm
I don't like the blue and the black together at all. The whole avy just seems bad or off to me.
New colors.  

Large Inmate

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:07 pm
It looks like you threw a bunch of random items together. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 pm
I like the unique use of the sleeves...hard to get that to work unless you've got an Asian like theme going on...I don't however like the gills...never really been a fan of them, and think they look...odd  

Arcanas

Hunter

WhisperingSouls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 pm
iwant a diffrent one! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:26 am
It's a set, so it balances well enough. It's just... not very original.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

xfantasyxloverx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:25 am
The only thing is that it's a little cluttered around the waist area. I'd suggest taking off the bag or the sword. Otherwise, very nice!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:16 am
The hat.
The rest looks okay, not that aww inspiring or anything. The hat is a different or is too much of a different shade from the other browns.  

Large Inmate

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:42 pm
I love the hair, and I think the last outfit you had went with it very well... but the purple in this one clashes with the blue-green tint in the hair, and that's tragic.

It's as if you have two working avatars. The head as one, and the neck downward as another one. They just don't come together very well.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff