Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 am
Serrik and Hars the Dragonborn head into the cave entrance. Torches line the corridor leading further back into a wider opening. Stalactites and stalagmites aplenty slow your way, making you have to move around them with care. No one could charge down this way.

At the end of the entrance, where the cave widens you see Sholoruk. You assume him to be a fairly young dragon, as draconic beasts go anyway, for he is roughly the stature of a large horse; a very, very fat large horse. His iron scales bulge and seem as if they struggle to keep his mass in check. His wings look as if they haven't seen work in years, and you doubt they could lift this behemoth even if Sholoruk tried to get off the ground. He is roughly facing you, and although Hars believes he has noticed her and Serrik, at the moment he is too busy ripping flesh off of a one legged human corpse in front of him. One of many in fact, no few than five dead humans are within easy reach of his acid dripping maw.

Grashuk, Pelloth, Gerash and Daelos stand far back, making sure they are out of sight of the dragon. But Cain, ever sneaky bird that he is manages to stay close to Serrik and Hars, but also out of sight of pretty much everyone! Hidden behind stalagmites the Kenku is within five feet of his changeling ally but completely hidden from Sholoruk.

Serrik stops moving about 20 feet from Sholoruk and nudges Hars to do the same. A few moments pass as the fat dragon swallows a human arm, chainmail and all. Sholoruk then turns his greedy eyes towards Serrik and this new Dragonborn arrival in his lair. And in Draconic, in a deep and booming voice he says; "Why do the two of you disturb my feasssst?! Throw those bodies down and be gone, or I will add you to the pile."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:46 pm
Hars didn't understand that, but she throws down the corpse as was the plan. At a loss for a more appropriate response that doesn't involve "break guise now and attack", Hars kneels and genuflects before the dragon.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:32 am
Sholoruk nods slowly as Hars throws down the corpse, Serrik following her lead, albeit nervously. The fat dragon seems pleased at Hars' display of subservience, and lets out a little chuckle. "You, kobold, begone." As Serrik turns and begins to walk away, on weak knees, Sholoruk adds, "And you Dragonborn, what is your name?" The dragon then takes another huge bite of a human corpse. Hars, obviously understands none of it. Hidden behind a stalagmite, Cain is just a foot away from Serrik as the little kobold walks past, eyes wide, body shaking with fear.

At the back, Daelos asks of no one in particular, "What is going on?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:23 pm
"He's speaking draconic," Gerash replies to Daelos in an agitated whisper, "The kobold's leaving and Hars is screwed." Though that's what he said, the wizard wasn't going to let this go up in smoke so easily. As soon as the kobold got close enough for the spell to reach, his voice was in the creature's ear, "Move faster and tell me what the dragon's saying!" Cain's impulsive advance might work to their advantage after all. If he could coach the kenku, Hars might not need to talk at all.

((ghost sound relay, let's do this!))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:09 pm
Serrik was still shaking as Gerash talked to him through ghost sound. As quietly as possible, the little kobold replied; "Szholoruk asksz Harsz itsz name."

Back with Hars, Sholoruk seems to grow impatient, and the doppelganger gets the sense that if she doesn't do something soon, the dragon will lash out.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 am
Grashuk would think quickly, and be impressed with himself when an idea came to him almost instantly. The bugbear placed a hand on Gerash's shoulder to get his attention.

"Whisper to Hars to change her tongue into a cut-off stump. Have her show the severed chunk to the dragon and tell the kobold to explain that he will need to speak for her. That might buy us some time."  

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:14 am
"You assume the dragon wouldn't just try to eat a mute. He has to like his new dragonborn to let his guard down," Gerash replies to the bugbear, inching closer to the cave. "Make up a name, make it sound like Hars is talking," he tells Cain, from his hiding spot.

((4 stealth if I'm not within 50 feet of Cain with this crappy tunnel thing.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 am
Cain looked back at the Wizard with wide eyes. How would this work?! Cain was close to Hars, but the changeling didn't even know what was going on, and even if he did how would they coordinate their mouths so that... Wait a second the Dragonborn was looking down!

"My name is Kryath. I have traveled far, searching for the mighty Sholoruk!" A deep voice boomed out in Draconic.

[[Bluff=30]]  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am
As Cain puts Gerash's plan in to action, Daelos chuckles softly and looks at Grashuk. "You're losing your grip, Bugbear."

Hars was indeed looking down, and with Cain being so close to the changeling, and with perfect bluff abilities, Sholoruk had no idea that this 'Kryath' was not what he seemed. Cain noticed that Sholoruk's maw broke into a wide grin, but then his eyes narrowed slightly as he realised the possible implications, "And why have you searched for me? Do you hope to plunder my treasure?!" Sholoruk seemed to work himself up into a rage, and he flapped his flabby wings a few times, but to no effect. He then calmed slightly and finished, "Answer me before I bite off your profered head!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 pm
Gerash looks at the kobold expectantly for a translation. He might not have understood what the dragon said, but it sounded angry, which couldn't be good.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:14 am
"No, my Lord." Cain spoke in his deep Dragonborn voice. "I have heard tales of the great Sholoruk, and have travelled far and wide to get here, to pledge my allegiance and servitude."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 am
Growing impatient, Hars lunges at the fat dragon, swiping her blade at it.

((Charge @17, 6 damage and Sholoruk is marked, Init @24))

"Hyaah! Now!"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:13 pm
Sholoruk nods at Hars, and seems a bit happier, "Well, that's..." But he is interupted as Hars' sword nicks his snout drawing a line of blood. Sholoruk crosses his eyes to look at the wound and then he fumes, "Wha?! Hrajkgjhf!! You will die!!!!"

Serrik was about to translate for Gerash when.... "Hyaah! Now!" "I think it isz too late Maszter..."

Everyone.......... Roll Initiative!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:50 pm
Gerash sighed as Hars broke his ruse so suddenly, "Watch to make sure no one comes up behind us," he instructs Serrik.

((4 init. sad ))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:06 pm
"There they are men! Kill them all!"

"Yes sir Commander Heth!"

"Eyah! There'sz szomeone behind you Maszter!!!"

Coming up behind your position, a fair way away for now, but they are charging, are six Valletan troops, and the man who must be Commander Heth. He is wearing plate armour and weilding a longsword and shield. What you notice most though is that seemingly stuck into his armour on his back, is a banner. A long wooden pole protudes up above his head, upon which hangs the purple gryffon crest of Valleta. You can tell, even from this distance, that he wears a horrific scowl on his face.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff