Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:15 am
Basket Case Insanity

KALISTIA LE
"No matter what happens, I'll live happily until the end."

User Image

"Thank you." She returned the man's smile with a friendly one, pleased that her chosen seat was still available. It would be quite a shame to have to find somewhere else, where the cushion may not be as soft as this chair. She placed her stack of book on the table before her and plopped down at the seat. There was a brief moment of her making herself comfortable in the seat by rearranging her hair on her lap and bouncing on the cushion once. It would be rather unpleasant to have someone walking by and stomped on her hair in the process and it was nice to test the cushion. After all that was done, she reached for the first book on top of the pile.

The stories in the chosen books were really nice, with great characters and tales of distant lands. The genre was fantasy though with some romance as well. She especially loved the interaction between the characters! Despite so, another temptation was nearby, so her eyes kept wandering in the middle of the reading. When it looked like the man noticed her staring of his book, she averted her eyes quickly back on her book, trying to look natural. After a few times sneaking peeks, she decided to ask about her burning curiosity. "Ah, um, excuse me a little. I was just wondering about the book you're reading. Is it good?" Her expression was shy, though she tried to give a nice smile in order to ease the awkwardness. "It's one of the newer adventure story novels, isn't it? I heard the review of it are very good."

Money: $788.5
Mood: Excited but shy
Clothing: Single long braid, knee-length teal dress, brown sandals, white cardigan
OOC: Oh, it's fine! Take your time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:21 pm
User Image

User Image

1211 Pasadena District

♪✮❖☾✞[♕❣ ❣♕]✞☽❖✮♪

Setsuko while getting absorbed in her book was still aware of her surroundings. So she didn't pay all that much mind when she heard someone sit in the chair near her. She did chance a peek up to see who had joined her, while making sure not to be too obvious about it. The first thing she noticed about the man was his eyepatch, which was interesting. Though what was even more interesting was the bird, a raven by the looks of it, that she guessed was accompanying him? It reminded her of how her former pet hamster Boo would often come with her everywhere, at least until he unfortunately passed. While she missed him, she pondered the possibility of getting another pet. It could be nice to have another cute hamster or maybe a kitty to have around the house. Satiating her curiosity for the moment she went back to reading. The peaceful silence that this area of the library offered also allowed even the tiniest of sounds to slip through. Which is exactly what happened when a low grumble reached her ears. There was one thing that could make a sound like that, someone's stomach. Seeing as there was only one person nearby, she turned her gaze back to the man. Now she probably should've minded her own business but at the same time she had a tendency of wanting to care for other people, even if they were a stranger. And it just so happened that she had gotten up early that morning to make some food to bring along as a snack. Her eyes glowed once again as she let her book hover in the air so she didn't lose her place as she picked up her bag and dug through it. A few moments later she pulled out a container that held a couple freshly baked muffins in a variety of flavors. Her mother had sent her a new cookbook two weeks ago and she had spent a few days out of those weeks trying out the recipes. Standing up and letting her book rest where she had sat, she stepped over and cleared her throat to get his attention. "Excuse me sir? Um I heard you stomach and I was wondering, would you like a muffin? They're fresh baked." she said softly with a smile. She sincerely hoped that she didn't come off a rude or intrusive, this wouldn't be the first time that she offered a stranger some of her food and some people found it odd.

♪✮❖☾✞[♕❣ ❣♕]✞☽❖✮♪

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Accompanying:】??【Outfit:】Out in the Rain【Funds:】$1000【Job:】N/A

【 Inventory:】Panda Bag 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Content【Profile:】Here

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

【OOC:】

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

Basochist

Bloodthirsty Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 pm
User Image

𝕃 ᴇ ᴏxx " 𝔻 ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ ʏ " xx𝕊 ɪ ᴢ ᴏ ᴠxx

x 𝕄 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖 𝕪 : $992.00xx ℂ 𝕠 𝕞 𝕡 𝕒 𝕟 𝕪 : ???xx 𝕃 𝕠 𝕔 𝕒 𝕥 𝕚 𝕠 𝕟 : Soleil Library
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

" 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 , "

He nodded his head from her thanks, opening the book back up and skimming for where he left off. He couldn't help but glance at her from the corner of his eyes as she tried to get comfortable. He didn't mean to spy on her, but her motions were distracting due to her bouncing around so much. He was more the type to just flop down and accept the potion he was in, but of course not everyone functioned like that. He also noticed how long her hair was, he'd be lying if he wasn't a little amazed by the effort to take care of hair with such length. He barely liked taking care of his own length, he had to give her props for such dedication. Once she seemed to be comfortable and reaching for her book his eyes went back to his own book, crossing his legs in the process. The last thing he wanted to do was to come across as a creep, especially to a little cutie like herself ! He gently shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair before getting back into his book.

He was finally starting to get engulfed by the story again, the true adventure was just starting to begin ! The protagonists just starting on their life changing journey while the antagonist was prepping to stop them with every possible opportunity. Ducky was happy to see the plot developing further. He was a little disappointed to be interrupted once again by the stranger nearby, but he couldn't help that she was curious, what was he gonna do ? Say no ? "Oh, uh, so far I think so. I'm not too far to really tell. It's a little slow in the beginning, but it's a nice build up." He answered as he looked over at her, placing his finger between the pages as he closed it again, flashing a smile in her direction. "I didn't realize it was new, I guess that explains the good condition. I really only picked it up because I liked the cover," He held it up for her to see better, "I tend to get drawn in by flashy titles. It's a weakness of mine." He let out a soft chuckle and rubbed the back of his head. He personally wasn't sure why he admitted that.

Ducky took a pen out of his coat pocket and wrote his page number down on his hand, "Do you want to look at it ? I don't like finishing a whole book on my visits to the library, it gives me an excuse to come back." He mentioned, holding the book out to her. "Of course the possibility of it being here next time I stop by is not too high, but it's a risk I like to take. Not to mention it definitely keeps me guessing." He was starting to feel like he was talking too much at this point. He kept quiet and awaited her response.

" 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 . "

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx 𝕄 𝕠 𝕠 𝕕 : Calmxx ℍ 𝕠 𝕦 𝕤 𝕖 : 1414 Doux Housing Districtxx 𝕆 𝕆 ℂ :

Wind Hime Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling unsettled. || I'm speaking to a stranger. || I'm wearing classy casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

A stream of raindrops splattered against the clear glass of the window, and a bolt of lighting lit up the dimly litted indoors, before the deep, yet loud rumble of the thunder attacked her ears. She pressed her side against the wall, feeling the rough bumps upon the painted concrete walls press against her shoulder. Her tails pooled behind her, like a flowing waterfall of pure white snowflakes that swayed occasionally from side to side. Striking hues returned to the faded pages of yellow, and ran her index finger along the title. Some of greek mythology, some of eastern, and she briefly pondered if there were beings like those present in Soleil. It wasn’t surprising, yet it nonetheless still surprises her how different everyone was, and how similar, too, everyone was. There was another flash of lighting, causing the library lights to flicker, and within the brief moment of darkness, her eyes flashed a brilliant gold, like the holy light of heaven’s gate, like the deadly flames that drew moths to their deaths. It was a false illusion of heaven.

People came and went, though the numbers were little. Each of them carried a unique scent, some of cigars and worn leathers, others of rosemary and lavenders. But one in particular, the slow flipping of came to a stop, picking up the scent of peppermint. There was a smell of berries, albeit faint, mixed with the scent of tree barks and pinecorns. Her eyes followed after the source of the scent, tilting her head briefly to the right when a voice spoke to her. Striking hues lifted, gold meeting a pair of hazels. "Excuse me Miss,” he was tall, with her standing just barely past his shoulders if not for her pointed ears. Brown, layered locks fell loosely from underneath his hat, framing his chiseled features. Vixen chuckled at his next statement and simply shook head head. ”My, just how many women have swooned over your pretty words?” her eyes downcast to the book, allowing the small smile to grace her lips while she held the edge of a page between her index finger, and her thumb.

Silence shrouded over them like a dark, rain cloud. Tensed, laced heavily with silence. ”Is it that obvious?” she finally spoke, closing the book with a soft ‘thud’. Her gaze settled for the blurred view on the other side of the window, dark, with passers by struggling to be free from the rain. Some seeking shelter, some simply running with quickened footsteps to the nearest cafe.

”The rain has always brought about a disconcerting feeling. It unsettles me.”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

AnnoyedPanda

PUMMMY

Trash

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 pm
User Image

► Company: Stranger ll ► Wallet: $993.75 ll ► Outfit: Smooth ll ► Location: Library ll ► OOC:
yo punny nut

Despite his garnering her attention, she still seemed to be lost within her own world. It was through experience that such weather just seemed to bring out the worst in people. Not in the way that one might become violent or unpredictable, but pain seemed to bubble to the surface and he couldn't say he was immune to it. Oliver had his fair share of things to sullenly reminisce over and did so often enough, though, living alone, no one ever knew about it. When you live through so many tours of combat, seeing the worst humanity has to offer, it was only fair that you had some dark days. Walking a bit closer to her, the gentleman looked out the window nearby and chuckled softly. Hazel eyes stared out through the curtain of water and watched the scarce bodies running through the weather for whatever things they needed, or wanted, to get done. The brunette was lucky on this day, even with such gloomy weather, he wasn't feeling anywhere close to the dumps. Perhaps it had something to do with meeting a new beauty. "I can't say very many actually," he replied as he turned away from the window and back towards the bookshelf. "I'm, sadly, extremely out of practice." He would never admit to being old! Forty-five was not old.

Removing a hand from his pocket, he reached out and grabbed a brownish-red book, the color obviously faded from time. Running a fingertip along the gold filigree of the title, Oliver wondered about the myths surrounding...Succubi? Oh dear, if his current company saw this...? Quickly he placed the book back on the shelf he had gotten it from. Chancing a glance to see if she had notice, he finally seemed to realize she didn't look very human herself. How does one get away with walking around with ears and multiple tails? Surely people have taken notice. He certainly had! Never in his life had he met a-...A-...Well, he didn't know what she was! No matter, he still hadn't met anyone like her before. Even with her normal attire, it was clear that she was anything but normal. While a pantsuit was practical business clothing, Oliver couldn't really say that it went with the current weather. Plus, her siren like body did the clothing little justice. That wasn't him thinking poorly of her curves or features, in fact he was thinking about the positives or her apparently inhuman beauty. Of course, he didn't know the type of person she was, so perhaps she didn't particularly like that aspect of herself and that was why she was in a corner sulking? These musing made him think about the oddity that he was. He felt 100% human! However, there was the small matter of his strange blood. His mother had never told him of the origin of it, but he was sure she knew. You'd be a bit curious as to your own origins if you bled gold.

"Heh, unfortunately. You would think it wouldn't be, given the state of things, but it seems rather strong. Maybe cause we're inside and protected from the rain," he stated as he turned to once again look for something interesting to read. Although, his instincts told him she was far more interesting than any book. Panning his gaze upwards as he continued to look through the massive selection, Oliver was quiet a moment after she mentioned that this type of weather unsettled her. "Hm," he hummed as he slid a book from the shelf. "Perhaps it's because it forces us to reflect while we wait for future happiness." As someone with years of life experience, Oliver was associating the sun with happiness and the rain as depression; or equal emotions. Sure, it may have seemed to narrow in its simplicity, but that's what made it so flexible as well. It was just a thought and everyone was entitled to their own. "If I may be of any help, would you like to come back to my place for a warming cup of coffee. Maybe we can find a way to keep your mind off such unsettling things," he asked without even the slightest bit of hesitation. There was no reason for him to feel such a way because he was trying to be friendly and nothing more. Someone was in need and he was the type of person to help, if he could. Plus he had already admitted to being out of practice for anything other than friendship.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:33 pm
KawaiiYukiHime

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"For a new beginning
For a turnaround
Our heads are spinning
And we won't calm down
We're a wall in motion
Or a change is now walk in the park
What comes around
Goes around
You better watch out
We're the children of the dark

We're nothing like you, we're true and free
We're nothing like you but you can't see
We're nothing like you and all the rest
We're nothing like you

We're the children of the dark"

Erik Leroux

Krotak watched the girl, sizing her up while also trying to analyze her. She seemed like a normal human female, though he had learned this town seemed to have difficulties with normal. She probably had some power or something, she just wasn't showing it at the moment. He didn't mind when she started analyzing them, it was a logical thing to do when a new specimen appeared, and he would have thought her an idiot for not doing as much. Every now and then he would glance down at the pages his brother was reading, but it was an old fictional story, which did not have as much data as he would have liked, that and it was his duty to keep an eye on the right-side surroundings. Seeing the book floating and her eyes change in shade and brightness confirmed his theory that "normal" just did not exist in this town. Perhaps it was the roosting place for the outcast flock of humans? He watched with curiosity as she pulled something out of her bag. With the murky translucency of the container and the lack of discernible scent, he did not know what exactly was in it, but he had observed on numerous occasions that humans would use such devices for food storage. He didn't get his hopes up until he saw the girl moving their way. Gently, he poked Erik's face with his beak, the agreed sign that something not threatening was approaching on his blind side. Before she had even gotten to him, he had closed the book, relying on his memory to keep his place. Turning slightly to the right, he observed the girl approaching, and about a millisecond later observed that she was carrying something with her. He imagined it was food, and the fact that she was approaching probably meant she was willing to share, but he wasn't going to get his hopes up just in case.

He could just about feel his stomach leap into his throat and he had to swallow real quick to shove it back down. He gave an awkward little smile, the best reaction he could manage given the situation. "I would love one, thank you so much! I...kinda forgot to get breakfast before coming here, and had a pretty light dinner the night before. Dumb of me, I know. I hope I didn't disturb you or anything." That story was a complete fabrication and Krotak and he knew it, but at least it made him sound a little less desperate than he was. He took the first muffin he touched, which turned out to be a banana nut muffin. Krotak hopped down onto his arm and took a few bites before even Erik could get into it. "Stupid greedy bird," he grumbled under his breath. He was about halfway through the muffin before he even thought of introducing himself. "Oh geez, I haven't introduced myself, have I? The name's Erik, Erik Leroux. Definitely a pleasure to meet you." He held his hand out, but it had to be his left hand as a muffin was occupying the other, and Krotak had made it known he would not let the muffin leave.

"These vengeful thoughts trapped underneath
Rage, scorn, misery
Payback for what you took from me
Hope, love, sanity
I heard that you reap what you sow
So here's to believing in ghosts
Now when you see my face you’ll know
You can't save yourself
Or save your soul
When you meet the man whose life you stole
With weathered wings and broken bones
A flight for the fallen flies the crow"

Health: Restoring!xxxxxxFunds: $0.15xxxxxxPlace to stay: ?xxxxxxMood: BrightxxxxxxRelationship: SinglexxxxxxOoc: __

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:41 pm
Basket Case Insanity

KALISTIA LE

User Image

It was until she spotted the disappointment on the stranger's face that she realized she may have cut him off from his reading. Even worse, perhaps it was at the most exciting part of the story! Her smile cracked a little at that and she raised an apology in her heart. She knew the feeling. Thankfully, the man had been kind enough as he still answer her question without really get mad at her. There were a lot of people who would straight out ignore or just snapped if someone interrupt them at the peak of the story reading. Scary! That was why she was grateful of the man.

"Mhm! That sounds nice!" She nodded to his opinion. According to his words, it was certain that he was not that far yet. Nonetheless, since the opening of the book seemed good, then there should be a high expectation for the plot after that! Now she was hyped. With the mention of the book condition, her eyes moved to the direction of the book in his hand. It was as he said, new and fresh. She giggled a little of his mention on the cover. "I think almost all flashy titles usually catches our eyes easily. I mean, I would be interested in the book too with that title! So it's not just you." Sure enough, the cover entailed colorful images and bright colors, something cheerful. Those colors were bold and strong, along with the art style that looked a bit cartoonish in a way. If one glanced briefly, it would look like something suitable for teenagers and the like.

There was a surprise at his next offer before she gave him another smile. "N-No, no, that's fine! I can read it when I get the chance later. I mean, I still got all these books to finish. Thank you for the offer, nonetheless." Her hand patted on the pile of two books for emphasis. "You're still reading it, right? The book looks pretty thick, so I don't think you can finish it that quickly." That book looked double the thickness compared to the one she was reading now. A sudden idea flashed in her mind, but she was hesitant in asking. The stranger's opinion on the book made her want to read the book now, but the man certainly was reading, but then she still got all these books, but then she could rent it home...Uuuuu, there were so many options! Her expression unconsciously turned pouty when she was thinking then turned to a determined one. Her eyes darted around as she talked, a bit embarrassed to say her suggestion. "Or, I mean, we can read it together, if that's alright with you? O-Or, well, if not, then nevermind that, ok!"

Mood: Interested
Clothing: Single long braid, knee-length teal dress, brown sandals, white cardigan
OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 pm
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

I'm feeling unsettled. || I'm speaking to a stranger. || I'm wearing classy casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

For a while, Vixen expected the man to turn away after a small talk like most had, yet he lingered around for a tad longer than she imagined. Golden hues lifted, looking at the plain decorated room of the library, and the few famous oil paintings framed on the concrete walls that she could only assume was a replica, before her eyes eventually looked at the person standing nearest to her. A single brow lifted at his statement as she drew her coat closer towards her torso, already feeling the cold air leaving faint goosebumps in the wake of her pale skin. This time, she allowed her gaze to fixate upon his appearance, mainly the way he kept his facial hair in a rather odd looking fashion. She would ask, but she supposed it would be a question left for another time.

”Really?” she turned towards him, crossing her arms in front of her chest. ”I’m surprised, you don’t sound like a person who’s out of practice.” not with the way he spoke, at least. Petite hand swept her dark tresses over a shoulder, allowing it to drape over her hips. Curious glance eventually caught sight of the book he drew from the shelf, one equally has faded as the one she held in her hand, though it seems he wasn’t quite aware of what he had taken himself. Golden hues flickered with humor at the sight of his panicked reaction, to which he quickly shoved the book back into its confinements. It made her want to laugh and cringe, to which she had, engaging the dimple upon her porcelain cheeks. The silence surrounding the both of them shattered quite abruptly, replaced instead by the sound of crisp laughter as she brought a hand up to her lips.

”I think I’m beginning to understand the meaning behind your words. Not out of practice, but perhaps a tad clumsy.” Vixen chuckled, soon distracted as her gaze took in the bright flash of lightning outside the safe confinements of the concrete walls.

”I’d like to think I’m a person who isn’t easily troubled over matters so trivial,” her answer was vague, revealing only little of what went through her mind, only the tip of the iceberg. ”but it seems I’ve become soft over the years. How unfortunate.” she caressed the leather spine of the book, feeling each bump of uneven surface against pale fingertips before she slid it back into where it had settled just moments earlier, awaiting the next person to explore the wondrous world it spoke of. Her eyes glanced over the bottom rows, eventually feeling the need to stand on the tip of her toes to catch a glimpse of the books far out of her reach. Not that she wouldn’t scale the shelf, though she’d prefer to not knock over the neatly stacked shelves like another reader had within months passed. A quiet breath escaped her lips, giving up on her literature hunt. Perhaps she should have stayed home with her twin like she had in centuries past, indulging it one another’s company while they spoke of their childhood, of people that had come and go, of friends they have lost to old age, of the shrine, of the wondrous world they both have yet visited. Or the way they would both hurdle against one another beneath the thick blankets on a cold raining morning.

"Perhaps it's because it forces us to reflect while we wait for future happiness."

Future happiness. Right now? It sounded a tad unbelievable, or perhaps it was simply the weather leaving an odd feeling within her chest. ”I wonder when that would be.” she spoke her answer in a hushed tone, her voice only barely above a quiet whisper. She wasn’t discontent with her life, no, though it seemed lately everything had become just a tad dull, lacking the colours it used to have. But perhaps, again, it may as well be the doing of the unpleasant weather. Her eyes eventually widened with surprise at his invitation, throwing the woman off guard with his defenseless approach. Hardly anyone invited strangers over anymore, nor were people half as kind as they were in moments long passed, yet she found herself looking at a very person that seemed, and sounded genuine with his words.

”Huh.” she released a breath she hadn’t quite realized she was holding, half confused, and half amused with his way of thinking. Perhaps accepting help from others for once wouldn’t be such a bad change of pace. Her eyes downcast, locked briefly onto the wooden floor boards before a smile graced the corners of her cherry pink lips. ”Aren’t you just a darling?” countered the fox, as she took a step towards him, eventually flicking her gaze upwards to meet his.

”A hot cup of coffee does sound rather tempting on a cold weather.” she answered, and pondered at the same time, though her tone was laced with a fine hint of hesitation. Nonetheless, the fox extended her hand, pale and petite in comparison to his.

"Vixen. I believe I've yet to catch your name?"

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

AnnoyedPanda

PUMMMY

Trash

Basochist

Bloodthirsty Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He was happy to see that she wasn't giving him a weird look about being distracted easily. Most people he admits it to gives him a weird look or tells him he should've outgrown that as a child. To him, gaudy is easier to remember and is way easier to point out than normal, boring covers. Being curious wasn't a crime, getting upset with her for asking questions would be a waste of time. He didn't understand why people could just lash out at others for asking questions. She wasn't being annoying to him, it was fun to entertain her.

It was nice to discuss with her, none of his other friends were interested in reading like himself. It was refreshing to have someone that shared a hobby. "Oh, yeah it would make sense to finish your pile first, otherwise what was the point of picking them up ?" He let out a little nervous chuckle. It seemed like a good idea to offer at the time, but it was a little silly of him. He noticed her pout and wondered if he said something that offended her -- It wasn't his intention ! When her facial expression changed again he was internally relieved to know he didn't upset her, but boy was he ready to apologize.

He was a bit taken back from her suggestion, "Read it.. Together ?" He said softly to himself at first, not entirely sure how that would work out. "That sounds nice ! But.. How would we do that ?" He tilted his head to the side a bit, trying to process how it could happen. "Would it be like in high school where the teacher would make someone share with you if you forgot your text book ?" He tapped his chin, it made the most sense to him at least.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wind Hime Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:44 pm
Basket Case Insanity

KALISTIA LE

User Image

A smile appeared on her face as the mood shifted. Whether it was from their shared opinion or the comforting aura in a library, the feeling in the air was lovely. Even though she understood that his question at the end of the sentence did not require answers, but she did it anyway. The question raised an interesting story. "I do hear some people do that just to make them look smart. Selfies and things like that." She giggled at the tale. "It's rare though. But people do the silliest things sometimes." The story was drawn from one of the gossips when she went to a cafe last time.

The tension hung on her nerves as she waited for the man's answer to her suggestion. It was weird, so she would be understanding if he declined. The acceptance made her happy and her face brightened. "Ah, ok! That's great!" Her lashes fluttered as she grinned in a sheepish way. "Well, I haven't thought it far yet, ehehe." Her hand reached up to twirl a strand of hair, a habit when she got a bit nervous, flustered or was just thinking. She nodded at the new suggestion, the idea similar to hers. "That should be the idea. We could shift our chairs together. One will hold the pages so it won't get messy by the wind and one can change the page." The girl looked excited at the thought, like she could not wait to do so.

Mood: Excited
OOC:

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Basochist

Bloodthirsty Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The tension between them both seemed to have calmed, no longer feeling awkward to him. It would be great to score a new friend in town ! No more lonely nights for him, no way. Her next comment felt like a slap in the face, he would sometimes take selfies with books for his "aesthetic," but at least he did end up reading them ! Gotta have some content for the gram, how else will he become the next instagram model ? Regardless, he could see how that would be annoying to enter a place and not fully enjoy its full purpose.. Especially since a library holds so much knowledge ! How could someone not enjoy it ? It really baffled him, it even made a nice study area.

He thought it was pretty cute how she portrayed her emotions, she was kind of like a book herself. It was easy to get an idea of what she was thinking, made him feel more at ease. Hard to read people stressed him out way too much. "Yeah that could work, erm, I hope you don't mind I'm kind of a slow reader." He let out a soft sigh, it would explain why he didn't get too far into the book yet. "I made it up to page 43, do you wanna catch up before starting together or would you rather we both start over ? I don't mind either way, I didn't make it too far." He moved his seat closer to her, brushing his shoulder against hers for a brief second. "I hope I'm not invading too much of your space... Oh, I never got your name." He felt awful for not realizing it earlier.

He held his hand out to her to shake it, "I'm Leo, but everyone calls me Ducky." He gave her a big, dorky grin. He wanted to be at least on a first name basis with his new reading partner !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wind Hime Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 pm
User Image

► Company: Stranger ll ► Wallet: $993.75 ll ► Outfit: Smooth ll ► Location: Library ll ► OOC:
yo punny nut

Oliver blinked in bewilderment at her sudden burst of feminine laughter, before his expression dropped as it reminded him of his son making fun of him. No one would really guess that his son was in fact his son because of their relationship. When he was a child, it was very much parent and child, but now that he was older? The two men had a relationship like buddies that have known each other for their entire lives! There were times that Jacob, his son, would still come to him for fatherly advice sure; Oliver would always be his father first. The brunette's expression lightened slightly as he chuckled along with her as he realized he did have his clumsy moments, and did enjoy being lighthearted. The reason people smiled. Even though this young woman was, obviously, full of sadness, at least he had made her smile for a moment. For that moment, she could forget about her problems and enjoy the reverie of her laughter.

Turning from the bookshelf and facing her, Oliver once again slid his hands into his pockets as he gave her a thoughtful look. "I don't think being soft is such a bad thing," he stated rather casually, his brows furrowing in contemplation. "I mean, there are times to be stone cold and times to be a soft bunny." Probably a poor explanation, one that might end up with her laughing at him again. "Sure, being cold protects us from a lot of things," he paused as he thought about his own experiences with such emotions. Being a Marine meant you had to keep your emotions in check, always a stone on the battlefield. He had always been told that if he faltered, the enemy would use those emotions against him and it had indeed happened a few times. Those times were spent with waking nightmares of his mistakes, but over time he learned when and where things were appropriate. "But being soft tells us we're human-...Well, not in your case-...I mean, I guess if you want to feel-...Ya, know what I mean," he stumbled over his words as he tried to explain, forgetting for a moment that she wasn't human. It wasn't a hard conclusion to come too; she had ears and tails!

With a hefty sigh, he brought a hand out of his pocket to nervously mess with his hat. Pretty women always seemed to make him stumble, occasionally. He was only used to one woman. One he had been with since high school and hadn't replaced since her death. His son had tried to get him to date again, but he felt to guilty for being overseas when she died that he just couldn't bring another woman into that lifestyle. Now that he was forced into retirement thanks to his injury, he had the opportunity to try again. Would he do it, though? Oliver felt that he might end up being a burden now. His back injury meant that he occasionally had trouble doing normal things people do everyday. Getting out of bed. Standing in the shower. Things that people felt were so mundane and routine that they would never know what it could be like not being able to do such things from time-to-time. Those were thoughts for another time. Flickering his hazel gaze towards the rain covered window and noticed the violent tug on the trees as the wind seemed to pick up outside. It seemed the weather was getting worse.

Quickly they dropped down when he heard her speak up again, calling him a darling. Shouldn't that have been his line!? Hearing someone else say it to him made him wonder just how old this woman was. Was she older than him, given whatever she was? Did she age differently? He actually felt young for once, lately, and a grin pulled at the corners of his lips. A tan hand stretched out and took her pale one, giving her a firm, but gentle shake in return. His hand was obviously larger than hers, calloused from years of some kind of work with his hands. However, they weren't as rough as one might feel with fresh callouses, showing that he may not have been working with his hands recently and they had begun to heal. "Oliver," he introduced. "And I'm so glad you agreed! No one should be alone in this type of weather, you never know what could end up happening." Letting go of her hand, he motioned for her to go ahead of him towards the door so they could leave and take refuge in his home. Being stuck in a library didn't seem all that fun.

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:31 am
Basket Case Insanity

KALISTIA LE

User Image

Her new book reader friend's reaction to her little story did not go as she had expected. She did not expect smiling a laughing, but not a strange mood. Maybe it was just her sense, but his expression looked slightly unnatural. While she did not have expertise on reading people, she did know when she make things awkward, or when things were wrong. That was not a good skills to know, but well, she could not help but be a bit sensitive. The moment flashed a brief second, like a trick of her eye. The man did not say anything about what was wrong, so she pushed the strange feeling to the back of her mind.

With that, it was the start of their reading session! He told her he read a bit slow, but that was alright! "It's ok! I mean, it's normal to take your time reading. I mean, reading slower means you can take in the words more, right? Maybe you can see the meaning that I can't see in the story." Then, it was another predicament of whether to start over again or continue from where her reading buddy left off. When she was in the internal debate of which to do, the man had scooted his seat closer. Their shoulder brushed for a brief second. It felt rather strange, having someone so near, huddling together and sharing a book. For a sudden moment, she felt shy, her cheeks heating up. "N-No, that's fine. I'm good." The girl attempted to cover that color change in her cheeks by answering the question about her name. "Oh, right! I sort of forgot about that too. My name is Kalistia, nice to meet you!" His name got her interested, especially the nickname. "Leo...Ducky. Hmmm, the nickname is certainly special. I do think it's very cute though. Is there a reason for it?" Her expression shone with excitement, waiting for his answer.

The excited look faded for a short second as she thought about something, before it returned in full force, determined. "Also, I think it's good that we continue where you left off! Though, I'll have to trouble you with a short summary of what had happened in the previous page before we can continue on the book."

Mood: Excited
OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:11 pm
User Image

x 𝕄 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖 𝕪 : $992.00xx ℂ 𝕠 𝕞 𝕡 𝕒 𝕟 𝕪 : Kalistiaxx 𝕃 𝕠 𝕔 𝕒 𝕥 𝕚 𝕠 𝕟 : Soleil Library
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She always said the right thing, always knew how to make him feel better about his little flaws despite their short meeting. It was like they've known each other for awhile for her to be so comforting, very refreshing indeed ! He didn't want to vocalize his appreciation and sound like a total creep, but he was internally grateful for her comments. He didn't even notice the blush creeping on her face as he got closer to her.

Of course interest in his nickname would come up, it was definitely uncommon to say the least. "Well everyone says I look fluffy and soft like a duck, meaning I look nice and approachable," His voice got a little lower, "But I can be vicious like a duck as well. I guess you can say my bark is as bad as my bite, or in this sense quack." he let out a soft chuckle, hoping it won't scare her off. It's not like he was mean all the time, just when he needed. to be. "B-But I'm normally really nice, I don't like having to be mean. it's too stressful to be mean all the time." He let out a more nervous laugh especially seeing how excited she was to know the origin behind it.

He quickly moved on, not wanting to dwell too much on the topic, "Right, allow me to get you caught up with everything !" Giving a quick summary of the story shouldn't be hard. He didn't want to over explain, but he also didn't want to leave anything out. "Alright uh it first starts out with a bit of lore into the family's generation of ruthless tyrants. Taking whatever they wanted, conquering land everywhere they went, many casualties were caused, it was tragic. One ruler managed to infiltrate a neighboring tyrants home during a raid and managed to steal the newborn child." He took a nice breath as he tried to process what else happened to follow. "Then it kind of flash forwards to current day, which happens to be around 17 years, with the main character named Runa. She's experienced amnesia at a young age due to head trauma, it's kind of a cliché but they make it work well, and she can't really remember her childhood so she's made to believe she belongs to this family, even her 3 siblings are convinced she's related. Their father, the tyrant that managed to steal her, convinces them all that Runa is the child of his deceased wife before remarrying his current wife, the mother of the three siblings, but both spouses know it's not true."

He kept explaining, flipping through the pages from time to time to kind of refresh his memory. "Alright, here's where the plot begins to develop. Runa wants to prove her worth to her father so she can go out on raids or lead troops like her siblings do, so father finally lets her out on a mission with this weird looking sword to see if she really has what it takes, but get this, she's sent to her birth village. The father clearly has a devious plan in store for her, or someone greater, but we still don't know what's going on yet." He was almost done, he felt like he was really talking way too much, but she needed to know everything ! It was so exciting ! "When she arrives she's taken to the Queen and she totally loses it because she looks just like the child she lost but of course Runa isn't any help because she can't remember anything, but she also can't explain where her home is since they're enemies. It's later found out that Runa is INDEED the child that was stolen, but she doesn't believe it because of how everyone treats her like family. Regardless of her disbelief Runa meets the Queen's four children as they make their way to the town central where a statue of the fallen king resides. Now ya remember how I mentioned she got a weird sword from her papa ? That thing starts glowing and acting strange once in the central and some black magic starts emerging from it and next thing ya know there's a huge explosion and the Queen is dead, the statue is destroyed, and the sword is gone. Runa feels awful and believes it was a trick by her father since she would be the only one able to get into the town without being attacked. The siblings run her out of the town where they meet up with the other siblings and her "fake" siblings at a river where they each fight to gain her on their side. Now she's stuck with deciding on who to fight along side; the family who birthed her, or the family that raised her." He took a deep breath, letting her process the plot up to this point. "That's as far as I got."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx 𝕄 𝕠 𝕠 𝕕 : Contentxx ℍ 𝕠 𝕦 𝕤 𝕖 : 1414 Doux Housing Districtxx 𝕆 𝕆 ℂ :

Wind Hime Princess

Basochist

Bloodthirsty Prophet

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:09 am
Basket Case Insanity

KALISTIA LE

User Image

The explanation on the name got her to giggle. The reason was just as cute as the name! "That's a lovely origin for the name! Makes me wanna have one too." No one actually gave her a nickname. Well, aside from the whispering and exclamation of children who walked past her. "Rapunzel!" they said. She had thought that was cute. The obvious reason for that nickname would be because of her hair, which grew longer than anyone else. She would try to cut it, but it would regrow quite quick. The thought reminded her of the huge amount of hair in her lap that hung over Ducky's side a little. She swept the length to her free side so that it did not lay between her and her buddy. It may tickle the man, and that would be distracting.

After that, it was summary time. Ducky had retold it in such detailed way! The details took her in as much as reading the story in person itself! Of course, she would reread the missing parts later. After all, it was still a summary and not all details were told. She listened to the storytelling with great attention, patient until the end. Ducky told the tale with such passion that she unconsciously grinned at the infectious mood. "Hmmm, that's a predicament. Which side do you think she would choose? It'll be interesting to take a guess before we started reading." Interestingly enough, the summary ended at the part with great tension, inciting her curiosity. "One had treated her well enough and one was her real family. There are a lot of mysteries about the sword and the death of the queen." She gave a thoughtful hum, probing her elbow on her other hand in a thinking pose. "Despite only have two obvious choices, I do hope that she could do it her way. Maybe get everyone to work together, or just head out on her own, find the truths first before she could judge who to trust."

Dainty fingers brushed the book cover with light strokes. "Starting afresh with new people, maybe. Be independent."

Mood: Curious
OOC:

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games