Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Fawks isn't going to hurt the little rabbit. He really could use a cold ale and a soft bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:12 pm
((Brother Mercutio joins in the short rest, and spends 2 healing surges to bring himself up to full, with Sora's help!))

Brother Mercutio would be glad the battle was over. Things hadn't been going right ever since he got up on the wrong side of that accursed demonlog.

Though, he would realize the Warden's predicament, and quickly run to his side.

"Worry not! While I might not be a trained healer, I have observed clerics at my Bastion, and I believe I will be able to aid our friend Van here to recover from his injuries!"

He would kneel beside the warden, rolling up the sleeves of his robe, and taking off his backpack so he could go through it for supplies. "First, we have to apply bandages tightly to any open wounds he might have, to cease the bloodflow. We then have to check for any crucial internal injuries, to make sure he's not in any immediate danger from punctured organs. Then we... uh..."

He would pause, looking over Vanguard. He would sit there in silence, clapping one hand over his mouth in thought.

"... right. Warforged. Uh... that's a bit tricker, I'd think. Maybe if we..."

"..."

"I'm really not sure. Maybe if we can find a reset switch? Colbertron, do you guys have a reset switch? Warforged in general, I mean. Not you and Van specifically."

((Heal check to stabilize pending information on HOW I do Heal Checks on Warforged neutral ))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:45 pm
((Warforged auto-stabilize. You either trigger his unused Second Wind, or he heals normally at the end of combat. He should be surged back to full at the end of the rest.))

"Worry not, Nation. The Levex model warforged unit is made of far superior materials than flimsy meatflesh. He has already ceased fluid flow to the injured site on his own, and will mend the living fibers of his core without your so-called 'healing'." He says this last word whilst crooking two fingers on his three-fingered hands.

"That's right, always trust Nerathi Engineering: the leading name in playing god."

((edit: okay, not exactly auto-stabilize, but they always succeed death saves. Presumably if left unattended they'll hit a 20 eventually and burn a surge to reanimate. But really, After Short Rest is after a short rest and they can burn all the surges they need. There's no risk of death by "dying"))

((Colbertron himself took no damage, and only used the one power the whole time))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm
((What Arc said. Van can surge and wake up at his leisure.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:25 pm
((Didn't now that, should download the pdf sometime. In that case-))

As Colbertron assured Mercutio, the other warforged's eyes flickered to light, and the armored plates of his body shifted slightly, letting out a magical buzz much like the hiss of a steam-run machine projecting fumes trying to cool down after a particularly stressful task.

Vanguard shot upright, bonking heads with the Brother Three Stooges' style, seemingly oblivious to the fact as he grabbed his spear and started looking around for the fight. There was that mole somewhere, and a snail. He was going to get them. Where'd they go.

Oh. Gone. The battle had ended.

With a blank look that likely would have included blinking if he had eyelids, Vanguard looked at the likely reeling priest. "Ah, Brother Mercutio, I am well. My thanks."

He clambered to his feet.

[4 Healing surges, +56 HP]  
SkyCore rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 pm
After the Avian creature finishes his song he and his Familiar split up and begin searching the area and the fallen creatures they had just slain for clue or other treasures they could loot.

Quote:
I'll continue playing until everyone is dune resting. Once the 5 minute rest has ended:

Perception Check (Sora): +9 (10) to Search the Area.

Perception Check (Parrot): +9 (17) to do the same.

SkyCore

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 pm
((that bit's actually in the MM entry for Warforged as well, EPG just explains it a bit better))

"Well Nation, let us venture forthward and on some. In ... some direction, I don't know, you pick.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm
Psychofish
[4 Healing surges, +56 HP]
((i believe you only need to spend three to get to full, thanks to sora.))

Sora manages to find nothing on the wild animals that resembles treasure, but he does discover that what appeared to be grave stones are actually just garden markers, most of which have some contrived inspirational words on them.

The parrot has better luck, thanks in part to the surviving al-mi'raj digging at one patch of dirt, after darting away from the suddenly risen Van. The fey rabbit reveals a spot of gold under the dirt, and once the parrot and Sora join in the digging, they discover a giant golden carrot, that has a faint magical aura about it.

If they sit down to consider it (Fawks still hasn't surged, so I'll let you continue on with the short rest if you want to find out what's so magical about it), Sora and co. will discover that the enchantment on the carrot is very similar to that of everlasting provisions, allowing eaten pieces of the vegetable to grow back within a day. In addition, being a magic, it's vitamins and neutrients are much more vital and nutritious, allowing it to magically improve sight after being eaten ((and giving a +2 bonus to the first attack of a day after you eat it)).  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:49 pm
Vanguard suddenly bolts upward, catching Brother Mercutio unawares and smashing his titanium shell vs Bro Merc's calcium-enriched boney cranium.

... ouch.

Brother Mercutio would fall back, dazed, a sickly slime trail connecting the two adventurers from forehead to forehead, leftover from when he had been Snailed.

Brother Mercutio would stare upwards at the suns, eyes spinning, seeing several baby Pelors dancing across the sky.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 pm
Quote:
In addition, being a magic, it's vitamins and neutrients are much more vital and nutritious, allowing it to magically improve sight after being eaten

(( ... do we benefit from the improved sight after eating the vitamins and nutrients, or do we have to eat the vitamins and nutrients THEN get eaten ourselves before acquiring the enhanced vision? confused ))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Rain Yupa
Quote:
In addition, being a magic, it's vitamins and neutrients are much more vital and nutritious, allowing it to magically improve sight after being eaten

(( ... do we benefit from the improved sight after eating the vitamins and nutrients, or do we have to eat the vitamins and nutrients THEN get eaten ourselves before acquiring the enhanced vision? confused ))
((the carrot improves sight after being eaten. the carrot does not improve sight after you have been eaten.))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm
((Thanks for the heads up, sheet edited.))  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SkyCore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:19 pm
SporkMaster5000
Sora and co. will discover that the enchantment on the carrot is very similar to that of everlasting provisions, allowing eaten pieces of the vegetable to grow back within a day. In addition, being a magic, it's vitamins and neutrients are much more vital and nutritious, allowing it to magically improve sight after being eaten ((and giving a +2 bonus to the first attack of a day after you eat it)).

((Carrot POWER!!!!))

Taking out his dagger, Sora Cuts the Carrot into small pieces and passes them out to the rest of the group. "What a fantastic Find! Nevermore shall we need worry over food!" After eating some of the carrot, Sora puts the rest of the magical vegetable away and takes out his lute begins playing again so the rest of the group can finish their rest.

Quote:
Song of Rest: Add +4 to each healing surge you spend during a Short Rest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 am
Fawks surges and munches on his share of the carrot.

"Mmmm. Thanks Fawks always works up a hunger after battle. To bad we don't got any Ale or steak to go with this nutritious rabbit food"

HP 30

+2 to next attack

and i can seeing clearly now the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way.  

Oshi the Killer

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:02 pm
Well, everyone's better, and there's a fluffy bunny and several dead animals around you. There's still the path leading toward that crumbling building to the east, and an invisible wall keeping you in. What now?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games