Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm
hookahsmokingcaterpiller
drunk ******** at the bar that keep on asking "so do you know any hot goth bitches?"

roflmao!!!

I got asked that very same question on my way to my vehicle after a long day at work. my uniform is all black, and with my black BDU pants and work shoes and hat i sort of look like a demented chef. college kids give me the biggest laughs.....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:37 pm
People thinking you'll burn if you touch pink....
((I own a pink fluffy sailor moon bag, thank you very much))  

Angel of the End

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:40 pm
I cannot add to your list, however, I must say that it is very painful at times being goth, but like everything else, this thing has it's downs, but there aren't many.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:36 pm
1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
Rofl, just tell them "but satin is so soft".
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
I dread setting foot in Hot Topic knowing that I can't buy everything there. Stupid prices.
3. The price of gothic things in general
It just makes it harder to convince your parents to buy you such clothing. =/
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
Not necessarily, there's blood red, black eye purple and a million shades of black.
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
Not to mention the marks left for a while.
6. The damn stereotypes
Amen.
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
I got two words for my parents: First Amendment. Freedom of Speech> you speak through your clothes.
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN.
And the faggotory of the items you use to take the chains off. Mechanical pencils hurt when the slip.
9. People stepping on your pants.
Never happened.
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.
Anti-depressants are funny. One of the symptoms happen to be temporary depression.

kittermeow

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:05 pm
The pricing of the clothing D:
But surprisingly I find some nice articles and accessories in the most unexpected stores.
I found a lovely black lace jacket and choker in V Generation.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:09 pm
Its hard wearing Tripps and also being captain of the debate team XD  

Bible Black Suicide

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Gawd are kids still buying Tripp these days?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:56 pm
The_Forth
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....
1. Nobody ever thought that about me
2. Yes, it does annoy me how expensive it is
3. Umm..."gothic" things? They don't exist. Dark things, on the other hand, do.
4. They always turn grey ish...
5. I've worn more then that and my arms didn't get numb at all o.o . . .
6. Technically, in wearing all of the black clothes, you are a stereotype. Sorry to point that out.
7. I used to have that problem.
8. I don't wear chains, really.
9. It never happened because people were afraid of me.
10. Umm...who do you know? Because, I've never had that problem o.o Odd looks are normal, but people saying they want to give you anti-depressants? Isn't that supposed to be for the "emo" kids?  

Tearstains

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:57 am
1.People always calling u gothboy or vampire and excluding u from everybody else.
2.The price of ur clothing,depending where u get them from.
3.Always dealing with ur parents on how they think ur life is messed up.
4.People at school think ur a nobody and dont want to hang with u.
5.Only being with other goths and nobody else of a different stereotype.
i cant think of anything else tht isnt related to wht other ppl said.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 am
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
1.People always calling u gothboy or vampire and excluding u from everybody else.
2.The price of ur clothing,depending where u get them from.
3.Always dealing with ur parents on how they think ur life is messed up.
4.People at school think ur a nobody and dont want to hang with u.
5.Only being with other goths and nobody else of a different stereotype.
i cant think of anything else tht isnt related to wht other ppl said.

Only goths?
Man that's just a persol one for ya. A lot of us get along with a variety.
My girlfriend is practically an artistic neo-hippie, best friends include a scene kid, Otaku, and straight out prep.
O.o  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 am
People yelling "emo" or something very crude or insulting at you... the adult male juggalos in my area are not usually safe to be around, one threatened to rape me and my other gothy friend after we got off the city bus and were walking towards a local tea shop... It is annoying also how people don't get the differences between punk, goth, emo, metal, ext. The only one I've ever met that really knew the difference was my friend Thomas at school who is viet asian, dresses completely normal, listens to a ton of metal music, and recognized that goth was equal to bands like Sisters of Mercy and what not that moved the subculture on it's way... and no one had to tell him -_- but most people do not pay attention...

Oh, a few others:
1. Other "black clads" who are just... well, horrid (not in a good sense) to be around... like this one girl in town, she is just crazy. Mean crazy... she pulled a knife on her boyfriend, made up lies about my free-minded friend and her boyfriend, spread rumors, and threatened to shank them before... and not playfully threatened.... although these are a minority, they are a royal pain to deal with, and even worse if a family member met one like that and then YOU have to make up for it and try to show them the truth of the matter....

And people pulling the whole "goths who ransacked rome" thing on you... AS IF THIS PROVES THAT YOU ARE EVIL AND VIOLENT AND THAT IS WHAT THE ENTIRE SUBCULTURE IS BASED AROUND. Yes, there are people in the world who are stupid enough to think this. Here is a nice article on this I found on the interwebs....

"The Goths (Visigoths and Ostrogoths were 2 separate tribes) are thought to be cruel and barbaric (the Visigoths were peaceful agriculturalists for a large part of their history) because most of the records we have about them are from the Romans. Take exception to the fact that the Celts are also viewed this way by the general population thanks to the Romans again, despite plenty of evidence that they were quite "civilized" when not under merciless attack in their own homelands. Both the Celts and the Visigoths "ransacked" Rome at different points in History and so didn't exactly endear themselves to the Roman heirachy. The "civilized" Romans used to watch people being disemboweled and eaten by predatory animals for entertainment... and yet we are happy to accept their verdict on who is barabaric?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am
Most of you, despite religion, will find this very entertaining 3nodding and considering my baptisim is today, well... I am sure the leader of the c-goth website wouldn't mind me posting this.

Problems Only Christian Goths Have

from Elias Emmanuel "being called a satanist, even though you wear a gigantic cross."

from Harlequin "My non Christian friends keep turning my cross upside down."

"Will my friends think I'm too 'preachy' if I wear my ICTHUS fishnets?"

"I"Would I do this if Eric Clayton was in the room with me?"

from Anya Serene"searching in vain through the local music store under 'gospel' for xtian goth music" (if u live in s.a it's impossible)".........."

Having to explain to your parents that :

- you are not a satanist even though you favour black, black, black and purple .
- the music you listen to actually does have Christian lyrics, even though they might not be able to decipher them
- no, you're not going out clubbing in your goth regalia on sunday night, "you're actually going to church"

Problems in church :

- having parents move their little children a few rows further away when you seat yourself.
- when the pastor talks about heathens in his sermon and everyone turns to look at you.
- a new church member attempting to 'convert' you.
- when you are praising God in quiet, reverent worship, your bangles / rings / necklaces etc are loudly jangling .
- getting your tights / stockings hooked on the seat / pew in full view of everybody.
- you ran out of waterproof eyeliner, and after a little bit of a drizz during praise and worship your eyes make you look like frankenstein (or the bride of) [hmm..or robert smith on a bad makeup day!]
- getting up / down the steps (if any) of the church in your heels / huuuge boots (woe betide you if your church has a wooden floor... "clop, clop, bang, thud, clop, clop, bang, thud")
- if you're female : the peopel behind you moving further to your left / right because they can't see over your dramatic hairstyle which you've piled on top of your head with Victorian ringlets.
- if you're male : forgetting to take your carl mcoy black stetson off when you seat yourself, and the ppl behind you asking you to take it off in order to see the lyrics
- going to a church gathering after church, and when you arrive they take off the don francisco cd and put on a Christian country album (it's the only thing they have with a beat) in order to make you feel more comfortable [ok, ok, that is highly unlikely to happen.. in mean, why would they try to make you feel more comfortable?? hehe, just kidding!!]
- visiting a new church, and the security guard follows you from your car to the church because you are "suspiciously dressed"

- another problem could be found in the black lipstick marks that you leave behind on the cup during the 'Lord´s Supper'...
from patryxdeth
-having your parents try and make you stop wearing black and tell you when you've worn it too much and having others think you're the next Columbine killer. -- Crimson .... (this is sad because those guys were not goth, like the media led everyone to believe)

And another one that I am worried about today:

When submurssed in baptisim (dumped all the way under water), having your black eye make up run down your face when they pull you back up sweatdrop I need to find some water-proof eyeliner and mascara before I go.... atleast I get to wear my black ripped up skirt over my black swimsuit when getting baptised (since it is happening inside... for obvious reasons during winter).  

Angel of the End

Snuff Pixel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:25 am
Lol, the mocking nicknames.

' Little Miss Sunshine. '
' Anti Christ Child. '

/= Though more than likely
the most annoying thing to me
is the cheapest place for my band
shirts is Hottopic.

Considering anything I listen to
is on clearance, and not popular
anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Sigh....i get that alot...
I KNOW RIGHT!!!! DX
Yeah
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK!!!!!
Huh? i dont have a problem with that....
11??? geez.....
6. The damn stereotypes
Yeah i hate those
My mom as no prob although my dad.....
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
I wish i had a chain you know??
9. People stepping on your pants
HAHAHAHAHA....im sorry...
Nah  

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:07 pm
Personally, I actually haven't had many problems with people. Well, in high school anyway. In middle school, however, the two guys who sat behind me in science, in my 7th grade year, tried to make my life a living hell. FOR NO REASON.

You see, my town is full of strange people. So, the way I dress is the last of people's concerns. I mean, there are people who ask me questions that irk me a bit but I let it slide.

My parents just want me to be myself. They understand that I am an artist and take every chance I get to express myself so they stopped caring about how I dressed LONG ago. My grandmother, however, want me to be her "Little Angel" again. As in, go to church EVERY Sunday, wearing bright colors and spend all my time doing cross-stitch. Not going to happen.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff