Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:02 am
Felix OFlynn
If your kid runs into the street and you yell HOLD!!!

I was at one of my freinds house the other day and I saw that happen.

I looked at her and said "your so in the SCA"

If you're in a coma; having violent spasms and your lady gets you to stop by shouting, "Hold!"
That was my parents. Freaked out the nurses at first, and they asked her what the heck just happened. She responded, "Over twenty years of sports training."
By the end of the week, the nurses were shouting, "Hold, sir AElfwine!" every time he started to spasm.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:37 am
-if your friends start hinting you have an abusive boyfriend after practices. (Seriously- I started light fighting, and after my first practice in armor, people were asking me if everything was okay at home, did I need to talk about anything, was my boyfriend unhappy? I found out later they had seen the bruises on my arm, and it didn't help that the guy I was fighting has the same name as my bf... sweatdrop )

-the children in the shire will not cross ropes while chasing after wayward balls.

-you sigh wistfully over 'wasting perfectly good material on turning it into curtains.'  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm
Swamp Sparrow
-you sigh wistfully over 'wasting perfectly good material on turning it into curtains.'

If you've ever "rescued" a norman gown that had the mistaken impression it was curtains, before or after the curtains were made.
If you've ever had curtains pointed out to you for their material, examined it, and decided it was not up to your standards.

The first I have done personally. My brother dressed up his old dorm room with a length of dark blue, which he spotted with glow in the dark paint. Years after he graduated, I found myself cutting around the paint to make a new dress.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 pm
Swamp Sparrow
-if your friends start hinting you have an abusive boyfriend after practices. (Seriously- I started light fighting, and after my first practice in armor, people were asking me if everything was okay at home, did I need to talk about anything, was my boyfriend unhappy? I found out later they had seen the bruises on my arm, and it didn't help that the guy I was fighting has the same name as my bf... sweatdrop )

-the children in the shire will not cross ropes while chasing after wayward balls.

I had a gf who was a fighter I was always afraid people would think I was abusive, especially because some of the bruises were actually from me.  

Felix OFlyn

Autumn Guard Lady

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:25 pm
when your excuse for looking at a guy's a** is "i was admiring the embroidery around your tunic"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:21 pm
Autumn Guard Lady
when your excuse for looking at a guy's a** is "i was admiring the embroidery around your tunic"
Well, were you?  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

endragh

Friendly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 am
(i hope this one hasn't been said)
You might be in the SCA if....you feel home sick when your not at an event.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 pm
... When you get confused at daycare when a little girl has the same name as your persona and she is getting in trouble ... and your one of the care givers...

... When one of your ex-girlfriends has the same first name as a close friend in your shire...

... When your boss asks you to get dressed up in grab for a "princess, dragons and knights" day at daycare...

... When your boss asks you for the number of the head of your shire so she can get a demo for the kids...

... When your boss asks you to bring your BIG stick(marshals staff) so she can break up the kids...

... When a co-worker wants to learn how to be bead work...

... When your idea of camping is, a bodice, hotdogs, long dresses, tree number 3 and men in tights...

... When you ask one of the demo vaulters to wear a kilt so the kids can see a REAL kilt...

... When you look at a kids jewelry and think if she is willing to trade...

... When you can make any craft you do with the kids and make it into something you can enter into the next A&S competition

... When your more excited then the kids for "princess, dragon, and knights" day  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:21 am
- When you find it awkward and strange to be camping in pants!

(recently went mundane camping for the first time in 7 years)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 pm
When no one can explain the concept of "can't do that in a skirt" to you successfully.
When an eight-year-old girl in your family climbs a tree in a hoop skirt. (This was my sister)
When you're wearing a long full dress mundanely and you mention to your friends "I wish I had on a hoop skirt" because it keeps getting in puddles.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:35 am
Autumn Guard Lady

When your excuse for looking at a guy's a** is "I was admiring the fantastic armour you have on"

Ahhh, when I went to Clinton Wars this year, I went to admire the armour - and I must admit, one of my favourites was a gentleman who had armour all the way up his legs, but was brave enough to forgo the butt plate.... Ahh what a site to behold! cool heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:23 pm
... when a mundane date turns into a debate over the historical accuracy of a female using a sword...

... when the female actually uses sword better than the male of that date....

... when the baron (t'was a double date) must break up the ensuing sword fight using a staff ...

... when the male of the date gets "lashed" for breaking the code of chivalry.

And all this happened at a mall after the dinner and before the movie.

Honestly, we should leave the swords at home rather than in the trunk of the car!  

LessZoa

Distinct Gaian

3,150 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 1 Win 50

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:36 pm
haha, oh? How did he break the code of chivalry?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm
You know you're in the SCA if...
...you bump your head on something hard enough and call. "Good hit!"

...you get excited over shield sized books on the history of England and other European countries during the middle ages.

...You find that Hack-saw blades are wonderful tools for boning

...Everyone sees an old table cloth but you see your next half circle cloak

...You enjoyed reading The Canterbury Tales, and Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" and UNDERSTOOD it.....

...You go yard sale hunting for feast gear and other SCA essentials like old cloths, and wooden things xD  

Lizveth Kikronus

Civilian13

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 am
LittleGreenGirl
... you're moving, and your first thought is, "Must find the nearest local group in my new Kingdom..."

done that one...TWICE!!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces