Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The broken tongue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:10 am
You guys sound like a bunch of whiney little brats.
Goth is a stereotype, most gothics hate stereotypes because they get grouped in with people like you guys. ffs.
The real meaning of Goth isn't the s**t music most "goths" listen to. All of the real goths I know, don't wear makeup like little girls. Gothik culture isn't death metal at all. Goths created "classic metal" because they began using guitars to do their music.

1: If you don't want to be afraid of you/hate you/what the f**k ever. Dress different.
2: Not wanting to be called emo because you think emos are stupid is ridiculous and wrong headed because of the above s**t.
3: It's a lifestyle not a f******g style.
4: It isn't some BS rock out and be dark as possible lifestyle either.

MOD EDIT: Cursing never helps your argument, and you need to calm down.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:31 pm
She is Never Forgotten
Goth is a stereotype, most gothics hate stereotypes because they get grouped in with people like you guys. ffs.
The real meaning of Goth isn't the s**t music most "goths" listen to. All of the real goths I know, don't wear makeup like little girls. Gothik culture isn't death metal at all. Goths created "classic metal" because they began using guitars to do their music.

1: If you don't want to be afraid of you/hate you/what the ******** ever. Dress different.
2: Not wanting to be called emo because you think emos are stupid is ridiculous and wrong headed because of the above s**t.
3: It's a lifestyle not a ******** style.
4: It isn't some bullshit rock out and be dark as possible lifestyle either.

And, my dear, you sound rather insecure in saying all this. Who are you to act all high and mighty, and what does such anger, vulgarity and the sheer rudeness of all this actually get across? Really nothing. Now, I do agree with what you said.... but how you said it really completely destorys the message in a way, don't you think?  

Angel of the End

vampyrebats

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 pm
User Image
-People saying s**t about you on the streets and what not. But you learn to deal.
-Price of gothic gear. I go for the clearance and putting my look together rather than going to hot topic and buying 60 dollar tripp pants and all that s**t.
-Price of items I happen to love such as living dead dolls, skelanimals, tim burton, etc.
-Mall goth. (Kids who walk around the mall in baggy a** tripp pants sporting ugly clown makeup)
-People who associate goth with satan and witchcraft.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 am
Hyena_Queen
LaceyBones

+Annoying parents who stare at me like I'll eat their children when I'm at Disneyland.

I practically live at Disneyland, so you'd think people would be used to me by now...but yeah I get the same crazy looks every time.

Me too, I once asked one of the cast members how much they charge for rent at the Haunted Mansion, he just looked at me funny.

I love the teacups though!
User Image
I'm hoping on working at Disneyland when I move back to Anaheim in a year or two.  

LaceyBones

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm
She is Never Forgotten

1: If you don't want to be afraid of you/hate you/what the ******** ever. Dress different.
3: It's a lifestyle not a ******** style.
4: It isn't some bullshit rock out and be dark as possible lifestyle either.

5: Goths did not create classic metal
6: It's really bizarre when Wikipedia is more accurate about the goth subculture than a solid portion of those who participate in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:12 pm
ya I would have to agree with everything in the list. sigh tuck'em> wink  

soul_weaver17

10,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 pm
-Resurrected Writer-

6: It's really bizarre when Wikipedia is more accurate about the goth subculture than a solid portion of those who participate in it.
Correction.

"Wikipedia is more accurate about the goth subculture than a solid portion of those who claim to or think they participate in it."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 pm
LaceyBones
Hyena_Queen
LaceyBones

+Annoying parents who stare at me like I'll eat their children when I'm at Disneyland.

I practically live at Disneyland, so you'd think people would be used to me by now...but yeah I get the same crazy looks every time.

Me too, I once asked one of the cast members how much they charge for rent at the Haunted Mansion, he just looked at me funny.

I love the teacups though!
User Image
I'm hoping on working at Disneyland when I move back to Anaheim in a year or two.

I'd rather work at Disney World...or Dollywood....purely because I need to get out of California.
As much as I love California, I just need out.  

Hyena_Queen

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 pm
1) Everyone asking you stupid questions...Not really hurtful, just stupid.
2) Getting confused with Emo. stressed
3) How hard BAGGY Tripp pants are to find anymore. I mean, does EVERY girl in the world only wear skinny pants? And then when you do find them they're expensive.
4) When people don't understand when I'm kidding. See, apparently, wearing black clothes means no sense of humor. It doesn't help that the same people tend not to get sarcasm.

I used to get chains and such stuck on chairs, trip over them, ext, so I gave up and took the LONG chains off.

No wonder why they call them Tripp! I await the bricks to come flying through my window....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:56 pm
yeah but what i hate most is when people ask why your so depressed and then walk away and step on your pants -_-" lol. also all the fights you get in with preps and gangster kids because your a "freak". and yes prices suck especially when your ghetto lol...my teacher asked me if i wanted anti depressants. and one of the worst is getting called an emo  

shayde darkmoon

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 pm
shayde darkmoon
yeah but what i hate most is when people ask why your so depressed and then walk away and step on your pants -_-" lol. also all the fights you get in with preps and gangster kids because your a "freak". and yes prices suck especially when your ghetto lol...my teacher asked me if i wanted anti depressants. and one of the worst is getting called an emo

I thought that thrift store prices were pretty small anywhere you looked.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:27 am
Parents going crazy because you wear so much black... or not allowing you to leave the house unless you change your black skirt (knee length-ankle length), your shirt, or take off the jewerly...
Or like one of my friends, grandparents who are very very stupid and hate you for it (even if she wears all ankle-length black skirts, conservative clouses, and doesn't have a single piercing except on her ears... also, she doesn't even really wear make up at all)
And, something my mother has always done: tells you your boyfriend would like to see you dressed as a "normal" girl once in a while. Um.... my boyfriend loves the way I dress, and even when he said that to her, she just responded, "Well, if you didn't, you wouldn't say it." That ticks both us off to no end, hate, anger, that is all her stupidity makes me feel....  

Angel of the End

Monsterr Teen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:36 pm
-Security guards who insist on using their hands because "i have too much metal" stare
-The money.... crying
-When people start the conversation with "are you goth?" actually its "rockero" (rocker) which is the name given to every sub culture here(Puerto Rico) idk if its the same with everyone else

and the drama that comes with being different but, you get used to it  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm
drunk ******** at the bar that keep on asking "so do you know any hot goth bitches?"  

hookahsmokingcaterpiller

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items