Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:30 pm
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1304 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

It turned out that there were lots of titles available related to British cuisine, though some were unfamiliar to Benjamin, unlike those that he had inside his private library. There was one tracing back to medieval times, in which old-fashioned techniques were used in preparing, cooking and baking the dishes, but he had that copy already, so it was off for him to look at the others. Baby blue eyes then zoned in on one particular book, which was all about desserts. There, that was what he actually needed. Benjamin was about to reach for that hard-bound book when the banging noise was heard from the floor, followed by the familiar tone grunting with the curses. Could it be...?

But then again... That's where he would also feel at home. Being a bookworm also like me.

No doubt, Oz was also in the library, but he chose not to disturb him by acknowledging his own presence. More so when it was because someone else approached him. The British male studied the figure who took the initiative for a few seconds before responding, "I'm close to getting what I need, but thanks for the offer." He then grabbed that hard-bound book off the shelf, though he went on with changing the topic, at least slightly. "I have a feeling that you are looking for something similar. Am I correct or not?"

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: occupied
Company: two males (Oz is included as one of them)
Money: $107.60 (Wallet); $1300.00 (Bank)
OOC: @Yuki: Benjamin does notice Oz, though only briefly because he's in a conversation with someone else. wwww;;;

Dark Lord Everfear

KawaiiYukiHime

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                            Aiden pushed the library door open frantically, glad to be out of the rain. He shook his head, trying to dry his hair a little bit, but sighed. It was futile! Now his hair is a mess and sticking up in weird angles, and his wings got wet too! 'Oh well, at least I'm not out there!' He smiled to himself, his bright disposition returning in a flash. He waved happily to the librarian out at the front, chatting with them for a while before heading to the large shelves.

Today he decided to go to the library, with the goal to check out what human literature was like. From what he gathered, they've written about a lot of things, even angels like him! Of course, he didn't realize it was going to rain today, so he got caught in the drizzle in the middle of traversing to the library. But he wasn't going to let that deter him! With renewed determination, he made a beeline for the fantasy section, though he stopped right before entering the aisle as he stared in wonder. Another human! His eyes lit up, still on his high wave of emotions after his success in making friends with Azumi from yesterday. He peered at the male for a moment, wings flittering as he observed him for a moment.

A few moments in, his ears picked up the faintest sound of humming. It was a song he listened to once on one of those radio contraptions, and he decided he really liked it, even going as far as buying a phone just to listen to it frequently. The angel's curiosity grew even more once the melody hit his ears. When the male had dropped his book, he quickly zoomed towards him, feet lifting off slightly as Aiden, in his excitement, started flying, though it was just a few inches off the ground. He closed the distance, dropping down as well to pick up the book for him. "Hello! I heard you humming, and I really really like that song! What's your name? My name's Aiden!" He smiled sweetly as his eyes almost sparkled, genuinely excited to talk to him. Of course, his loud talking had earned him a "Shhh!" from the librarian, though it didn't really register in his mind.

ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏA really tall guy!ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴSoleil LibraryᴍᴏᴏᴅCurious
                            ᴏᴜᴛꜰɪᴛClick!ᴘʀᴏꜰɪʟᴇHere!ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ$841

ɪᴛ’ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ’ᴛ ʙʟɪɴᴋ - ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ - ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ꜱᴏ ɪᴛ’ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀᴅᴇ - ᴀɴ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ꜱᴇʟꜰ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ’ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ - ɪ’ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴏ’ꜱ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ

[ o o c : ]

KawaiiYukiHime

momo muni

Shoujo Cultist

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:29 pm
User Image

User Image

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Company:】Aiden【Outfit:】Rainy Library Visit【Funds:】$936.75

┏━━━💔━━┫💀┣━━💔━━━┓

Ozwald blinked once a hand came into view reaching to help him pick up the book. As he looked up at the stranger, his eyes widened slightly surprised at the bright looking young man before him. His hair, which funnily enough was quite a mess, and blue eyes were quite striking. The only thing that surprised him more were the wings on this strangers back. Now Oz wasn't the religious type in the slightest. In fact the dark haired man was pretty sure he was going to Hell when he died due to his sordid past. Nevertheless being in the presence of a pure holy being was.. odd but kinda nice. He tended to hold most people on a higher pedestal than himself. Since learning of the more supernatural beings that inhabited the city, Ozwald had been wanting to meet them. Once he had gotten big into reading as a hobby he had found himself intrigued by those that weren't fully human.

Shaking himself out of his brief stupor, he cleared his throat and stood up. He rubbed the back of his head when the angel, Aiden, introduced himself and mentioned the song he had been humming. He was in awe of the rather cute smile and bright eyes of his newfound companion. A definite contrast to his general gloomy disposition. "Yeah it's a rather catchy song, it's kinda been stuck in my head for a bit. Ah um my name is Ozwald, nice to meet you." he replied in his low rumbly voice tinged with his British accent. The harsh shushing of the librarian elicited a soft chuckle from Oz. Quickly replacing the book on the shelf, he looked at Aiden out of the corner of his eye. "So are you looking for anything specific today?" He'd ask awkwardly trying to make conversation. This had only been his second interaction, though speaking of he thought he'd caught sight of his neighbor earlier. Of course he'd been focused on finding his book and didn't bother trying to converse with the blond. He'd probably see him sometime later today when he went back home.

┗━━💔━━━┫💀┣━━━💔━━┛

【Items:】Backpack 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Calm 【Profile:】See Here

【OOC:】

princess syub

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:03 am
                            It was an exhilarating feeling, meeting someone new. Aiden couldn't keep the smile off of his face, completely forgetting the state of his hair as clasped his hands together, the oversized sleeves of his sweater sliding and pooling around his wrists. The human spoke in a low voice, which the angel found to fit him perfectly. "Oh, I really like that song. It's so nice to meet you, Ozwald!" His hands shot forward, taking the taller male's hands in his and shaking it with such high energy that contrasted the calm atmosphere that enveloped their surroundings. His hands were smaller and colder than Ozwald's hands, he noticed. Hm, must be because he was outside longer.

After a few more shakes, he finally let go of Ozwald's hand. Now he was faced with the question of what he was looking for in specific. Ever the scatterbrain, he almost forgot why he chose to go to the library today, his mind filled of baseless thoughts due to his excitement. So instead he raised himself a few inches off the ground again, staring at the numerous books on the shelves as he contemplated to himself, his eyes roaming the spines of both dated classics and fresh new selections. This was the fantasy section, wasn't it? The gears in his head started turning as he came up with a new reason for his visit, which actually came pretty close to what his original He turned to Ozwald, wings fluttering behind him as he grinned, "I'm curious of what humans have written over the past centuries, soooo I decided to come here and check out what they have. I heard some humans have even written about angels!" He tipped his head to the side as he threw the question back at him. "What about you? What kinda books are you reading? Oh, maybe you can recommend some to me!" He surged forward, his face coming closer to the other. He had no sense of personal space, of course he didn't. He wanted to learn more about him, which he felt was a normal thing, wasn't it? So he silently waited for his answer, all the while hovering a bit too close in front of him.

ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏOzwald!ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴSoleil LibraryᴍᴏᴏᴅCurious

ɪᴛ’ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ’ᴛ ʙʟɪɴᴋ - ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ - ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ ꜱᴏ ɪᴛ’ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴀᴅᴇ - ᴀɴ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ꜱᴇʟꜰ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ’ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ - ɪ’ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴏ’ꜱ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ

KawaiiYukiHime

momo muni

Shoujo Cultist

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:07 am
User Image

User Image

【Location:】Soleil Library 【Company:】Aiden【Outfit:】Rainy Library Visit【Funds:】$936.75

┏━━━💔━━┫💀┣━━💔━━━┓

Ozwald wasn't expecting to have his hands shaken with such energy. Everything about this boy was just so bright and friendly, it honestly felt a little overwhelming. He wasn't surprised to find Aiden's hands were smaller than his, the difference in size between them was very apparent. Sometimes he felt awkward being so tall, though he suppose it had it's uses. As he grabbed another book from the shelf, he listened to his companion speak. 'Centuries? Well didn't expect him to be that old.' he thought, lightly tapping the book cover. He of course had no idea how beings like angels even aged. "Oh yes many people have written stories about angels. I suppose humans are just fascinated by things and beings we don't quite understand." he muttered a hint of a smile on his face. Looking up at the question he fiddled with his glasses. "Ah well I'm reading a few books, fantasy, mystery, and suspense mostly. Also I've been trying to get into comic books and manga I think they're called." He had heard about Japanese comic books by chance but knew they were called something else. Perhaps he could pick up a few of those while he was here too..

"Really I came to find the next book in this series I'm reading-!" A strangled squeak of surprise escaped him when the angel got much too close. He wasn't used to being in close contact with anyone. 'Is personal space not a thing in Heaven?!' he thought in a panic. His pale face was quick to flush a light pink as he tried to back up. Even if part of him didn't mind looking at the angel's cute face. "Um uh s-sure perhaps I could recommend a few!" he stuttered out, his voice being much louder than he wanted it to be. For as calm as he tried to come off, there were some things that could thoroughly fluster him. Any sort of warm positive attention was definitely on that list. Not that he was opposed to such acts, just that he wasn't really used to them. He tried to calm down and willed his face to cool down.

┗━━💔━━━┫💀┣━━━💔━━┛

【Items:】Backpack 【Status:】Single【Mood:】Embarrassed 【Profile:】See Here

【OOC:】

princess syub

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 am
                            The strange squeak that came out of Ozwald made Aiden jolt as well, causing him to back away a bit from the human. He suddenly started stuttering, his face flushed and his movements frantic, which made the angel knit his eyebrows in confusion and mild worry. As much as he tried to, he just couldn't quite understand the complexity of humans, such as in this situation. "Ozwald? What's wrong?" He asked, worriedly hovering around the male. Just then, he realized what might have caused it. Of course! He must have gotten surprised seeing him floating off the ground! Satisfied with this discovery, he allowed himself to slowly descend to the floor until he was fully standing on his own feet.

'In hindsight, I guess I should have told him. Maybe he's one of those jumpy types?' He wondered, peering up at the taller male with his ever-so-bright eyes. He let a moment pass to allow the other to calm down, absentmindedly swaying side to side as his stare never left the other. After a moment, he decided to follow up on their conversation, though with a more controlled enthusiasm. "I'd appreciate it if you recommended me a few titles to start with! You seem to really like books, after all!" He smiled at Ozwald, tipping his head to the side. "You even said some genres I never knew about! What were those things you said, comic books? And man... manga? I've never heard of those, ever!" Even though he was speaking normally, you could still hear the excitement in his contained voice. As if to drive the point home, he even started bouncing on the heels of his feet, his arms swinging and the long sleeves of his sweater swinging along with the movement.

ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏOzwald!ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴSoleil LibraryᴍᴏᴏᴅCurious

KawaiiYukiHime

momo muni

Shoujo Cultist

fuestray

Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:25 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, мαч ②⑦тн

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②③①
( ⑦ мσитнs, ⑲ םαчs )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 am
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

[[Designation: Dr. James -- Laird]]

User Image

Xeven gently pushed open the doors to the library and stepped inside, looking over the list he created of books and novels he had come here looking for. The alien male had taken to reading quite a lot in his free time, and it had done wonders for his connection to the planet.

He looked ready for a long day as usual, wearing what could be seen as casual business attire though it was his normal in all reality. He kept his appearance well actually, a bit of vanity though it also made him more approachable or he hoped so. Adjusting his suit just a little bit, the male made sure everything was in order, even checking the suitcase which hung off his hip and the computer he kept on his arm. His A.I. was offline for the time being so it was really just him, and this was fine. He had already spent most of the day working on the car, but he wasn't the type to sit still so he could get some reading in.

He came here with a pretty simple goal, and that was information and leisure. The male, dragged a small finger across his dark skin, and his eyes scanned about looking around this wonderful place. He eventually pulled up the list of things he was to look for. Books on human anatomy, mythical creatures, and other sections of their history were a bit of a wonder to him. He had even long since dropped his green skin for a more natural tone, though there were wounds in his facade. The green lights from under his skin, and his neon green eye were dead giveaways to his non terrestrial origins, but this town was welcoming. That and his inability to speak. He couldn't fix that.

Xeven moved through the library, looking through references to find the books he needed. He didn't really need to pick them up as within moments of spotting a book, or something on interest it began to move almost as if someone else picked it up. They followed along, held in an unseen hand while the doctor moved through even flipping open so he could read them as he walked. He was careful to avoid any other visitors.

Xeven liked it here, though he did need to socialize more. The male simply read along the books and began searching for the others, hoping to get closer to the world and....apparently also jamming a bit to an unheard beat. It might have seemed strange, but his mood was on high.

User Image

C.L: [Library] __ C.A: [N/A] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: []

yo punny nut

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:26 pm
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

And there are no words for that.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to Xeven. || I'm wearing something casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

Petite feet carried her along the aisle, while her fingers brushed against the hard leather bindings of the old books. There was the heavy scent of faded pages, worn out through the many years it had been passed down, mixed with the scent of freshly printed books, of new pages and new words. It smelled of youth, of days when laughter were genuine, when compliments were heartfelt. She ran her free hand through her raven locks, causing them to flutter with each dainty steps she took. Her sneakers squeaked when she walked upon the polished tiled floors, and the majestic tails she took so much pride in dragged behind her as she walked, swaying gracefully while the fox carried herself with poise. Golden orbs flicked to the familiar corner of the library, and her footsteps came to a slow stop. There she stood, quietly, anxiously, as though she could still see the remnants of her memories played out before her, as though their mingled scent still lingered. She remembered the scent of wild flowers, particularly the fresh scent of carnations, and hibiscus. She recalled the very corner she fell asleep in, at a time where the sun has yet rose from the night sky, at a time where it was only the both of their presence.

Is it wrong if she still hoped he’d return to her side one day? That he’d find her presence more important than the travels he went on?

Golden orbs fluttered shut, turning away from the place that held a special memory, one she doesn’t want to forget, yet doesn’t want it lingering within her memories. Vixen heaved a small sigh, allowing her petite feet to carry her to another section of the establishment. She withdrew a book from the shelf, running her index finger against the embossed title upon the leather cover, one that reads ‘Hamlet’. An old classic she came to love so dearly. She’d reach for another one that had caught her attention, only to have it slip from her fingertips, floating towards something she could not quite see. Shocked, yet equally as curious, the fox followed after the floating novels, wondering who, or where they were headed towards. Was it one of the staffs? Was it a guest? Her eyes laid upon a figure tall enough for her to instantly recognize despite the alteration of his once green skin colour. A gentle curvature graced her lips, finally picking up on the familiar scent, and the way he appeared just a tad excited over his ‘new discovery’.

”Xeven.” gently, she addressed, walking twice as fast just to catch up to his pace. The last time she saw him, she was just as troubled as she was now, both times plagued with frustration concerning her loved one, a fear of losing him, and now, the loss of him. It made her laugh over how ridiculous everything was, how ridicuous she was. ”It’s been a while.” she hummed, slowing down when she finally settled beside him. Golden orbs flicked upwards, and she’d find herself cranking her neck in an uncomfortable position just to catch a proper glimpse of his features. She’d make a comment on his height should he not have been told countlessly by others already.

”A book of myths-” she held one of the floating books in hand, raising an eyebrow at the familiar title. ”Ever a curious one, aren’t you? How are you faring, by the way? I hope you’ve been fine.”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

asbloodrunscold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:16 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

Xeven continued to make his way through the glorious hallways of knowledge and story, picking books that served his purpose. He came with a list, but there was more that caught the eyes of the outsider and brought greater joy to the seeker of knowledge. A person might think a being of his vast age wouldn't be so enamored with tomes whether new or old, that the tales told by a society still in its infancy compared to the ones he encountered would be laughable. This hypothetical person might assume that he would find it all beneath him, and that person would be greatly mistaken. Xeven placed as much value in new knowledge, and simple tales as he did the stores of his own people. His joy was clear.

He was thumbing through an old book, one of worn state. It was a simple book and one he could clear in a short time, The Stranger by Albert Camus, and he seemed quite enthralled as his shadow continued to search out books that he bore in the back of his mind, only requiring quickly glances though he did give greater looks for books that did draw his eye. A hungry mind indeed, and while he was forced to place some back he had a good bounty. He didn't even slow down until finally a familiar voice rang in his ears which halted his pace.

Well what do you know? It appeared that the library did not hold only the delight of written materials, but a reunion as well? He turned to face Vixen, a smile on his lips. She looked familiar, his eyes scanning her for a moment though only to make sure he was indeed facing that voice he had the pleasure of drinking and dining with quite some time ago. Black hair, and a multiple of well kept tails which drifted behind her, and signs of her mystical origin. The tall creature did have to look down a bit to get a good look, but she caught up with him.
Ah this day was turning out to be a delight.

She definitely remembered him, though his name being called made it clear. Good memory, even if his visage was a bit altered. She held in her hands one of the books his shadow had plucked, a book of myths from around the world. He gave her a silent chuckle, allowing her to give her observation and question before he tapped two fingers to his temple, just above his eye as a subtle warning. His voice would enter her mind only moments later if she allowed it "Knowledge is treasure, and I will admit that I am quite greedy." he gave a little cheese for fun "I fare very well Vixen, life on your planet has treated me admirably. This town has been welcoming." he even managed to get himself a job as a doctor which is exactly to his liking.

He closed the book, though his finger lingered between the pages, his attentions were on her "How about you? Has life treated you well? Has it been kind enough to give you all you want and need?" he asked. Last he remembered she was unsure of something, but thanks to the time passed he had no idea if she got what she wished or how it went. He could only hope.

User Image

yo punny nut

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:52 am
User Image

❛I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand, and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow.
I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep,

I'm feeling curious. || I'm speaking to Xeven. || I'm wearing something casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

A small hum came to play when her golden orbs were met with his lush green gaze and a light smile that tugged the corner of his lips. From the way he glanced at her, and the realization that followed, Vixen could only assume that he remembered who she was despite the month and a half that has passed since their very first encounter. Her footsteps were quiet while she circled him, not only growing curious of his formal attire, but also of the way he appeared different than usual. Vixen wouldn’t have recognized if it weren’t for the dead giveaways of his height, if not the eyes. Vixen knew the man was tall, but it surprised her when he stood up from their dining table, the way he towered over her so effortlessly. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t the least bit jealous. The lights in walkways were much dimmer than the ones in the reading area, one she was thankful for now that she had cranked her neck in a way she was almost staring straight at the ceiling. Golden orbs downcast, and she’d reach forth to take ahold of his free hand, running her pale fingers along the dark skin on the back of his hand that she knew was once as green as his eyes. She’d take note of the way his hand was much larger in comparison to hers while she pushed his fingers open, placing her palm against his in a similar fashion. It never fails to surprise her everytime it reminded how her hand, was only slightly larger than the size of his palm.

A chuckle escaped her lips, leaving her satisfied with her sated curiosity. Her gaze followed after his hand that was lifted, gesturing that she open herself up to converse. Her mind, in this particular case. And there it was, the sound of his that was deep in baritone. "Knowledge is treasure, and I will admit that I am quite greedy." the invasive voice never failed to give her a mild shock of discomfort, but it was something she would grow accustomed to within mere seconds.

”It is, isn’t it? There’s just so much wonders of the world left unexplored, left unknown. It’s an itch I can never quite scratch.” answered the vixen. A tad frustrated, a tad in awe. Perhaps it was the same for Sahar, the way he felt the world was far greater than being tied down by what was only temporary. Golden orbs flickered towards the rest of the book, only allowing a smile to grace her porcelain features when he spoke of his well-being, and the kindness of this small city. The people were eeriely kind and accepting, as though it was a town popped out from a children’s story book, but it was a town she has grown to love, a town, Xeven had grown to love, according to his manner of speech. ”I..” thrown off guard at the question that was redirected towards her, golden orbs widened and the fox found herself at loss for words.

”Life could be better, I could be better.” she answered, strangely honest this time around. ”It has given as much as it has taken, but I am happy where I am now with the people I’m surrounded with, by the many decisions that has led me here, the good and the bad.” it made her who she was today, through what she has received, through what she has painfully lost. But no matter how painful she may have hurt, or may still be hurting, she was happy. She was happy with where she is now, happy that she could look back at things and not blame herself over everything that has happened.

Have I made you proud? she thought, caressing the scar upon her ring finger. Surely he would be.

”I can never really understand how this world works. I have been around for as long as I could remember, but no amount of time will allow me to learn just how this world functions, just how fate works.” she was told, the people she encountered, albeit only a brief meeting, was someone that was tied to her by strings of fate. She didn’t know what fate was, she never quite understood its meaning. Why did fate bring people together, and why did it tear people apart? Golden orbs settled upon a book, and she’d reach forth and latch her fingers upon the title she was so hooked on, a title that left an unsettling emotion within her. The book of fate. She flipped open the pages, running her fingers along a random picked paragraph on the hundred and twenty fifth page.

’Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them.’

Her golden gaze, glistening with anticipation were now replaced with clouded confusion, wondering just what she should believe in. But in the end, the choices were hers, she was her own puppeteer. ”Xeven?” she called out, golden orbs flicked upwards in sheer curiosity.

”Do you think there’s a reason we encounter the people we have? Do you believe in fate?”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

asbloodrunscold

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:56 am
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

Xeven did not seem to mind the kitsune's explorations of his form, his stance calm and inviting more like a friend even if it had been a great expanse of time since they met. The dim lighting did leave enough for her to see, though it caused the neon to stand out quite a lot, highlighting scars in his flesh. His eyes did follow her when she drifted in front of him as clearly studying her in his own way. He watched the way she moved and carried herself, subtle signs that might allow him to understand something she might not give in words when it came to her condition.
He didn't even resist as she grabbed his hand suddenly to comprehend the size of his hands, and compare it to the sight he presented when he first arrived. He was certainly not the only curious one, but he did not mind it. Xeven was large, he could even see that, but he did his best not to present as threatening.

She opened herself up, and allowed his voice in her mind. It was always a perfect translation if not unsettling to beings unused to it, but she seemed better than most as growing accustomed to the mental speech. She had yet to react with horror, or greater distaste to the process as most minds would given how guarded they were. She understood that and his search for knowledge though he caught particular cues in her speech that revealed a subtle mix of emotions.
The alien only laughed, only this time she could hear it, not from his physical self but through the connection "Its a worthwhile affliction, no cure in sight only the search. Perhaps it should always remain." even as long-lived as he was he would never know everything, he enjoyed learning. It was applying the knowledge he gained that mattered most especially in regards to his new life in this small city, one this small planet.

He continued to watch her, and upon her reaction to his question he gave a subtle understand nod before she even continued. Her reaction spoke heavily to him, and as she continued Xeven listened still looking down to the fox. The aliens hand drifted rest upon his chin for a moment "Well Vixen I would say that is the eternal dichotomy of life. Give and take, but perhaps it left you with a greater gift." he could tell there was something dancing on her mind, something painful though not sure what. However, whatever it might have been no doubt left something for her to rely on, to feel. It wasn't the answer he believed a person lost might give.

Similar indeed, a question that danced on the minds of any who was smart enough to wonder about it. He gave a silent sigh "I imagine the answer is out there, but the closer you come to grasping it the easier it becomes to lose grip of. I wonder what the meaning of it all is." he knew that struggle, but in the end perhaps it was just not for them to truly understand and simply to...move along with. It was unsatisfactory, but constant.

She clearly pondered on it greatly as she thumbed through a book on fate, and that too was followed by a curios question. He blinked leaning a bit to show her that the alien was listening. The look in his eyes, and on his face would let her know she asked an interesting question. It wasn't a displeasing one, but it was one that that brought pause to the outsider.
He eventually reached into his pocket pulling out a cloth, something he normally kept to offer to someone. He looked down at its white color for a moment before he returned.

"I do believe in fate." he said
"However, I do not think fate is akin to a set path, but more of a set of paths. It is easy to wander onto any of these paths, but they lead to different results and its up to choose which path we walk." he focused on the cloth before closing it in his hand. When he opened it there sat in his palm what looked like a ball with a compass in it, but hands went every which way. It be useless for directions.
He twisted it in his hands as the directions moved "We move onto these paths by making decisions in the moment, by setting our parameters. We choose who we speak with, who we smile with, who we cry with. We choose who we hate, and who we love and simply move along learning what fate believes is important for us to learn until another point come along." ahhh he was rambling again.

He looked to her "I guess the important question is, have you learned? And are you ready for that next point when it comes?" he asked.

User Image

yo punny nut

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 am
User Image

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to Xeven. || I'm wearing something casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

"Its a worthwhile affliction, no cure in sight only the search. Perhaps it should always remain."

Perhaps it should. There were too much left unknown, too much questions left unanswered yet when she came close to someone who was at the end of their days, their eyes, albeit deadened, had revealed so much knowledge, as though their answers laid at the end of their roads. They looked so enlightened, as though they were finally blessed with the knowledge and answers they were looking for. Were they scared? Were they the least bit frightened when their world were just minutes and seconds away from turning black? Vixen could never know. Were her days even limited?

Give and take it was, but the greater it took, the universe returned as much. ”It took a lot from me, but it had given me in return, as much as it had taken. It would be nice if it wasn’t so painful.” the fox murmured while she walked, half expecting him to follow. Then again, her footsteps were much smaller than his, with just a single step alone, he could easily catch up to her. ”Emotions are rather peculiar, don’t you think?” a quiet chuckle escaped her lips while she withdrew yet another book and waved it at her company. One of emotions, of psychology, one she had read halfway through during the rare days of her visit. The library was her second home, but as of late, she found herself avoiding such places. The air smelled foreign to her, and the scent of faded pages didn’t excite her as much as it once had, but even so, it didn’t change her undying love for the reading materials they provided. ”Despite their discontent over pain, people get hooked onto things that hurt them, they get drawn to things they shouldn’t, and they end up in an endless loop of distraught. Almost like.. Moths drawn to flames.” she wouldn’t mock them, no. She was simply curious, given how she was the same as they were.

His quiet sigh didn’t go unnoticed, and Vixen would only answer with all but a mere chuckle. Not even someone as intelligent as he understood, and she would wonder if there was ever an answer to the question. Or perhaps, this question was never meant to be answered. Her next question triggered a pause in his response, and she’d wonder if she had said something wrong, but the expression on his features spoke otherwise, the way he seemed to ponder on her question. What confused her was the way he stared at the piece of white cloth he withdrew from his pocket, though before any shots were fired, he had broken the silence that had lingered a tad longer than intended. ”But.. What if I chose the wrong path? What if.. In the long run I realized I made a mistake-?” she countered, not aggressively, though her tone did hold a tad worry within it. ”How.. do I know I’m right? How do I know I’m not just-- happy for the time being? There’s so many questions I don’t have an answer to, questions I don’t know if I’ll ever have an answer to-”

His fingers opened, revealing a ball that held a compass within it. Her golden orbs widened in awe, glistening beneath the faint lights. He paused in his sentence, and she’d find herself laughing over the realization that he had been rambling. She didn’t mind; his words gave her a lot to think about, it struck a nerve, not in a bad way, but in a way it made her think of things she hasn’t thought of previously. ”Then perhaps there is a reason we met? Just perhaps fate, too, had brought us together.” she reached forth, rolling the ball with her index finger, observing the way it moved, the way it pointed almost randomly.

”I don’t know. Are you ready?” unable to answer his question, she redirected it towards him instead, hoping he’d have an answer.

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

asbloodrunscold

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games