Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Kasumi the ocean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 pm
Kasumi

User Image

Kasumi looked up at Gio as she felt his hand on her shoulder. "Im fine. I just need a little rest is all." she said. She watched him approach the pound and looked at the ground. He had caught her red handed. "Yeah I did." she said quietly. She didn't want anyone to think of her as a weakling. She made a small pound but it still took up a lot of her power.

"I'm still learning how to control the water without the recoil." she sighed. "I usually have to use a good amount of energy to do the simplest things. Water is suppose to flow freely but I feel like I have to force the water to make it do what I want." she said. "I mean, have you ever heard of a Sahagin that couldn't control water very well." Kasumi said, trying to make it sound like a joke but failed miserbaly.

Kasumi listned to what Gio said and smiled as he rambled on. "That makes sense. As long as I have strength of both will and heart, I will be able to tap into my power. I do want something. I want to be strong enough to be of some help to everyone on this journey. I just need to stop feeling weak and believe in my power." she said as she looked at her necklace where the crystal hanged from a silver chain. "Thanks Gio. That helps me out a lot." she said as she looked up at him and smiled. Kasumi pointed her hand at the pound and brought up a small stream of water. "I'm still good with my healing skills though." she said as the water engulfed her hand. "I may not be able to heal large deep wounds very well yet but if I concentrate more, I should be able to heal any kind of injury." she smiled. She looked back at the camp. "I think I'm going to just rest here for a bit." she said as her legs finally gave in and she sat on the ground, her back leaning against a tree. She looked at the pound and smiled as the water flowed from her hand right back into it. "Thanks again Gio for giving me your cloak. It has helped me out a lot during the trip." she said. "And also thanks for saving me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here right now." she smiled gently as she looked up at him. She ran her hand gently down the scar she had and flinched a bit. It still hurt and burned slightly when she touched it. "Sorry if I got in the way of the fight. If I didn't interfere, I wouldn't have been such a hazard to both our life's." she said quietly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm
Giovanni Infinito Dragoni
I just.... I just don't want to see anyone hurt because of me. I want to be able to protect them.... protect them all.

User Image Gio shook his head, giving her a comforting smile, "No, I should be thinking you, Kasumi. If you hadn't tried to protect me.... even if you did get hurt..... I would never have felt so strongly that I could touch that power that 'that man' presented to me. So let's just say we saved each other and call it even, okay?" He held out his hand to her where she sat slumped against the tree, "Here, let me help you to the fire. I know you're sensitive to dry skin, but it won't do you any good to freeze yourself either."

He looked over towards the fire as he kept his hand outstretched, noting who wasn't back yet. From the looks of it, Alane and Harrier were the only ones in their group that had yet to gather around the fire. The way things stood now, it seemed like Alane was staying in town for today, and would catch up with them on her wyrum, and Harrier was out hunting. Depending on how good he was, and how lucky, it could take any amount of time to get a nice catch for them to cook. And soon, when they reached Renara, one more person would be joining their rag-tag group. A giant, as was supposed to be for the Earth Crystal. They would be quite the group of people, and they had yet to have a real purpose in their journey, except for short-term quests, but hopefully more would be unveiled for the Bearers to do with their powers as time passed.  

Draconia Crystalis

Kasumi the ocean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:18 pm
Kasumi

User Image

Kasumi smiled. "Alright we will call it even." she said. She looked at Gio hand and took hold of it as he helped her up. "I hate being so sensitive to the weather." she sighed. She walked slowly beside Gio, her legs still felt like they were numb. "To hot, my skin will dry up. To cold, my skin will start to crack. I just can't find common ground with the weather anymore." she laughed. They made it back to the fire circle. Kasumi smiled as she let go of his hand. "Thanks for the help Gio." she said as she sat down. She was close enough to feel the warmth to the fire but far enough that she wouldn't dry out her skin. She looked around to see only a few others. Even though she hadn't known them for long, she already felt like they were close friends. She didn't know where this journey would lead them to the end but as long as she stayed with them, she knew she wouldn't be alone anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 am
Orin Beleren

User Image

Orin raised an eyebrow as Miya handed him a rather large book as she gave out some 'goodies' to the others. "Oh I see, the fitting choice to give a scholar is a book. Since we all know I do not see or read enough of these correct?" Orin said in a playful manner as he held the book with both hands and followed Miya into the fire by the camp. However as Orin looked at the book title he realized it was one he had not read yet. "Hmm..'History and Terrain Of The Nation of Tylem and it's Surrounding Areas'. Quite...fitting for the situation I guess.." Orin muttered as he held the book with one hand and sat beside the fire. "Thank you, it should be quite a good read" Orin said to Miya in his usual calm tone as he nodded towards Miya then looked down at his newly acquired book.

Orin's attention was briefly diverted however when he heard Gio and Kasumi chattering. Orin looked up only to listen in a bit on their conversation but when Orin felt that his attention was not needed, he went back to reading the rather large book that was given to him.

Vizzion

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:39 am
User Image
Miya was pleased to see that thus far, the small trinkets she had purchased for others were being enjoyed. Suri had immediately made use of his by fixing that stubborn door, and Orin had settled by the fire to read. Well, they had been easy to shop for.

Smirking at Orin’s comment, Miya shrugged casually. “Scholars should always have something new to read and learn. It keeps me from needing to bother to try,” she told him, half teasing, half serious. If it wasn’t about combat, Ifrit, or weaponsmithing, Miya had no interest in it. She was not a learned woman in the least. Reading bored her, and she had trouble keeping her attention on long passages without falling asleep. She was wise, not smart. She had figured that out long ago and was not ashamed of the fact. Everyone had their strengths and weaknesses. It’s what made them human. Miya paused to glance at Suri. Well, mostly human.

“If you learn anything interesting from that dead tree, feel free to pass it on,” Miya finished harassing Orin and lay down beside the fire, laying a bit closer than most people would. The warmth comforted her and she felt the crystal hidden in her glove pulse slightly. Miya raised a finger and twirled a small stream of flickering flame around as one might do with a strand of hair, and like the habit, it was done absentmindedly.

Vaguely aware of Gio and Kasumi chatting, Miya decided not to venture over and disturb them. Instead she glanced at Rigo and reached into her pouch lazily to toss him his uninspired gift of sweets. “You brothers are difficult to shop for,” she told him simply and resumed her lazy gaze next to the fire. Some were still missing, but Miya figured they’d arrive soon, just in time for bed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:15 pm
The elder Dragoni watched his younger brother leave him with a puzzled expression on his face before walking over to the Water Bearer Kasumi. Rigo smiled slightly. Everyone seemed to be getting along for the most part. Kasumi just seemed tired, and for some reason, Rigo felt that she did not want others knowing. Since she and Gio seemed to be the closest in relations, the Nero Angeal thought that Gio would be a good comfort. Maybe that interaction would blossom into something else in the long run. However, the Darkness Bearer wasn't necessarily thinking of that.

The Nero Angeal stayed by the fire, looking at the sparks flickering up into the air, and the flames emitting comfortable uneven heat. The wind breezed through his dark hair, blowing it about lightly, brushing his face gently and causing shadows to dance across his face and around him. His thoughts went back to the events of the day. Such a long day with so much happening. The mantis in the caverns. Jolyre. Gio. Animus. The scout Harrier. The crashed airship and Suri metalman. Alane. Animus again. Fire bearer Miya. Then, the rest of the Crystal Bearers... and then the unfortunate tragedy. The false Crystal Bearers. Jayden the false Fire Bearer. Gio and the Fate Crystal enemy. The strange explosion of Gio's hidden skill that wasn't possible from Rigo's knowledge growing up with Gio. If anyone were to know Gio, it would be Rigo. It didn't make sense.

Rodrigo was interrupted from his thoughts by Miya. He deftly caught the bag of sweets, and for a split second, a very confused look went across his face. The noble's composure returned almost immediately. He heard her words and looked at her with a wry grin. "You did not have to, Lady Miya. Thank you though. I hope you were able to find something for yourself as well." The dark haired brother opened the bag to peek inside. Sweets. Gio had the sweeter tooth of the two of them. "How did you and Jolyre fare on the trip?"  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:11 pm
Harrier focused his eyes on the particularly large cockatrice that was waddling around. He was crouched behind a tree, peeking out on the other side. An extra arrow lay next to him and he made sure it didn't roll with the strong wind, his other hand was on his readied bow. Luckily the wind was blowing to him so the bird didn't realize that there was a predator near and continued clucking while searching for food on the ground. It was dark by now, and the stars shown bright overhead. The clouds hadn't waned, and you could see them pass before the large moon that was visible. It was colder, just past the sixth bell, but not like it would be by the middle of the night. Hopefully the others got a good fire going for later. And the other women returned.

The cockatrice lifted its head a squawked a bit, and Harrier saw the perfect opening right under its breast. He swiftly turned on his heel and pulled back the flaxen string on his bow and let an arrow fly.

One arrow was all it took to end the beasts' life, but it gave a few squeaks as it lied down to die. Harrier got up to make sure that his hunt was dead before unstringing his bow and setting it and the other arrow in his hand back into his quiver.

He sighed and rubbed his head, thinking. Would this be enough for everyone? he thought mildly as he looked down at the kill. Maybe not. He should see what else he could find before returning back to camp. This bird, however large, would feed a few starving people. But he didn't know the appetites of seven other people, and he knew more would be better than less. He knew Alane wouldn't be there that evening, probably early tomorrow morning, so he wouldn't have to worry about her tonight. But Suri looked like he could eat a lot (if he did, Harrier wasn't sure about cyborgs and eating), and everyone had a hard day and exhausted a lot of energy. And were probably all very hungry, he knew he was.

Oh, well. Better find something extra, he concluded as he bent down to gut and pluck the bird. It would be better to do that here then at camp, Harrier wasn't too sure how someone as sweet as Kasumi would deal with a fat bird being gutted in front of her face, even if it would be a little ways off.

It took a good thirty minutes to neaten up the bird for travel. The feathers were a nice and glossy and would make for excellent fletching or barter. Nothing else was neat on the bird, since Harrier didn't deem the claws worthy of being kept, and he strung it up by its legs, beheaded, and hung it over his shoulder.

Harrier decided to already walk back to camp, since it had been at least two hours since he left. He saw a fire burning in the far off distance, and figured that some beasts would be sure to want to see what the smells were.

Not but ten minutes later did Harrier stumble upon, or was stumbled upon by, a gristly Wildsnake. The serpent rose up from a high patch of grass, and made aim to attack him. Wildsnake, or serpents in general, were about the length of two men. The beasts weren't wide, just two arm widths, but with a broad embroidered looking head. Venom was their highest point, and they were harvested for their poison and meat. The venom paralyzed an enemy, and it was sometimes coated on weapons and arrows to an advantage in battle. But what Harrier learned a few years back was that you did not want to be bit by one.

So it was a natural reaction to shoot at sight, and it was a good thing to. The Wildsnake was fast, and Harrier had trouble to avoid its first strike. He moved quick enough to the side to avoid the mouth, but the side of its razor head got him in the exact place where the blade from Nebelim had scrapped. It cut open his side where his armor was broken, but not deep. It tried to attack again, and he wasn't quick enough to fire an arrow so he used his sturdy bow to whack it across it's head. This move stunned it for a few seconds, enough for Harrier to swap weapons and take out his scimitar and stab it in a critical spot, under the jaw. The creature stiffened, but then after a second slackened then died.

Harrier took a deep breath as he pulled out his scimitar and whipped it in the reed-like grass a few steps away. The blood was thick, and could even stain a blade; and Harrier didn't particularly want that. He sheathed it and took out an actual hunting knife and began to cut open its hard scales. Good enough for salvaging, he thought with a chuckle. The cockatrice on his back was securer enough so it didn't flop around during the small battle, and it was still in mint condition. He quickly chopped up the snake into its links and strung it up next to the bird.

He stood up, and it was a few degrees darker with no sign of the sun. The moon was bright enough so he could check out his wound. Not deep, or very long. But it was a little wide, and nothing a few herbs couldn't handle. Harrier pressed his gloved hand on it to stop the little trickle of blood and then carried on to camp.

It took a while to get there with his load, but once in view he saw two extra Chocobos. Good, the women were back. He raised his free hand and gave a wave, the other still on his side.

“Hail,” he greeted with a grin, “It appears as though Lady Miya and Young Jolyre have returned. Good hunting?”

He hoped his joke was not lost on them, because that would have been embarrassing for him. His shoulder ached and he looked for a mat to set the cockatrice and wildsnake on to prepare for a stew. It would be enough for some tomorrow, and that was good.

When he said 'Lady' for Miya and 'Young' for Jolyre, he did not mean it in an insulting way for the latter. It was more custom when you were talking with more than one person so address the elder of the amount as Sir or Ma'am, or in a younger case, Master and Lady. The rest were simple said as their name or title, or if there was only one other they were called Young. Young was also used when talking about a person under the speaker's own age or status of skill, which was often used as a derogatory in feuds of the guild.

User Image

Harrier A'Cal- "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."

(( I feel late with writing so much. ^^'
But NaNo's over so my fingers are free. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 pm
I just.... I just don't want to see anyone hurt because of me. I want to be able to protect them.... protect them all.

User Image That night had passed quite ordinarily, a welcome change for Gio, and perhaps for all of the others, since the day had been filled with one dreadful twist or another, and a few exciting revelations as well. So much happening in one day was bound to stress anyone out, and Gio felt he might have more reason to be stressed out than anyone else there. He was a powerless centerpiece in a moving machine, a force of destiny in which he so far had not even the slightest fighting chance, and was useless without any of the other Bearers around him. On top of that, his body had been beaten to hell and back to the point that he was surprised he was even in one piece at this point. His perfect condition was all thanks to that mysterious regenerative power that had suddenly slipped away from him. He had been impaled, slashed, smashed, and flat out smacked around like a rag-doll up until the moment that mysterious power took hold of him. Then for one brief moment in his life, he had been able to protect something, been able to be useful, and then just when he thought things might be better, the strange power slipped out of his reach and was completely walled off from him.

What wasn't there to be stressed out about? On top of all of that stuff, he had the soul of Animus Altia, a legendary hero, dwelling inside of him, and apparently a much darker force as well, and then this strange mirror image person, someone who looked like an altered reflection of his soul. He was the host of the lauded Fate Crystal, and yet, though it did not affect him negatively as it would any other, it did not give him it's power.... he was not the rightful Bearer. He was in probably the worst situation out of anyone here. He was the weakest, the most inexperienced.... well, except perhaps Kasumi, but she had Sahagin magic and Crystal magic on her side as well.... speaking of which he was also the only one in the group without any Crystal magics.

Still, he had to make the best of things. He had to try his hardest despite all of this, or else he really would stay useless to anyone. He planned to do just that the next day, and as he lay down in one of the tents to sleep, he let his mind wander through what he hoped to do tomorrow, starting with training and sparring practice the moment the sun was up. He had a lot of work ahead of him, and he wanted to start as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Gio was awake before anyone else. The sun had just begun to peek over the edge of the canyons, and Gio held his weapon out in front of him in the waxing light. He held in the traditional stance for the katana, and silently began swinging the blade down in front of him, doing so repeatedly while minimizing the noise he made. He was going to work on his arm strength first. Just being able to swing the blade strong and fast would be a help, and he slashed at the air hundreds of times as he practiced that. He wouldn't be able to work on much else until the others woke up, and after a long time, he began to feel like his arms were going numb. he could feel every beat of his heart in his muscles, and his arms strained with each swing. Still, he kept swinging until he couldn't any longer, his fingers losing their grip on the hilt and letting the sword fall to the ground with a loud CLANK!

He winced at the noise, knowing it would likely wake, or maybe even startle his traveling companions. He reached down and picked up the weapon, sheathing it at his side again, and went to sit by the fire pit, which still held a few dull smolders. He was going to let his arms rest while he waited for everyone to wake up. After that, he would spar with any and everyone who was willing, so he could get used to combating as many varied weapon types as possible.  

Draconia Crystalis

Kasumi the ocean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:22 pm
Kasumi

User Image

For the first time, in a long time, Kasumi was able to sleep soundly. No sounds of her mother arguing with others, deciding her future, nothing. Just peace and quiet. She enjoyed it. As the night went on into the early morning, she woke up and looked around. She had to think for a while about where she was. "Oh thats right, were traveling together." she said quietly. She looked around to see the other ones that were in her tent still asleep. She was always an earlier riser, no matter how late she fell asleep. She got up and carefully made her way to the door of the tent, making sure not to wake the others up. She heard a loud clang and hesitated. Could it be one of the bandits the others talked about. "Stay strong." she said quietly as she held onto her crystal tightly and carefully opened the tent door.

She looked around outside but only saw Gio next to the fire, or what was left of it. She sighed as she walked out and went over to him. "Good morning Gio." she smiled as she sat down next to him. "I didn't think anyone else would be up this early." Kasumi said as she ran her fingers through her hair, getting the knots out of it. She looked around but no one else was outside. "What are you doing up so early?" she asked, tiliting her head to the side.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:50 pm
Jolyre spent much of the night perched in an old tree, staring out at the vast plains and cliffs of Tylem. The moon and clear stars would be her companions. She wanted no part of the group nor any conversation they might have. It wouldn't have ended well anyway.
It had been her plan to extract more information from Miya about the Zarrenkian's past, Jolyre's own parents, and most importantly, why the woman was so...so protective over Gio.
Obviously it was in the bearers' best interest to protect the Fate Crystal's vessel, but, at least for Jolyre, that's where her personal interest stopped. Miya was acting, it seemed, on something far more personal...
The enigmacy of it all annoyed her for she preferred to deal with only facts and reality and only what was happening in the present.
But the other bearers never left her side and the chance never presented itself.

The time came to sleep and, looking back on the excessively long day they'd had, Jolyre welcomed it. Not to mention the matter of who was sharing whose tent...
The flight over Iriem...the miserable trek through Tylem...meeting the Dragoni boys..battling the mantis monster..watching Gio almost die...so many times...
Once by her own Angeal hands. Oh, how she'd wanted it. Leave it to Animus to foil all her plans.
and thus, the group was assembled....and they started off right away with a battle.

Gio... How many times had he come to and from the brink of death? And it stole Alexei away in a matter of moments...
She dwelled bitterly on this until she finally fell asleep cradled in the arms of a Tylem tree.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Through the night the ragdoll boy haunted her dreams. She saw him kill Alexei repeatedly, as if it were a glitch in a tape. Until finally he turned to her and grinned, malice and blood thirst in his eyes.
She woke with a silent start as a metal clank sounded in her subconscious. Her eyes snapped open and she raised her arms defensively, blades sticking out. A narrow gaze swept over the campsite.
She exhaled a sigh when she saw it was only Gio...sparring it seemed....and Kasumi who seemed to have just awoken.
She dropped nimbly from the curved branches that held her as she slept and landed with the soft thud of boots against dry grass.
Of course they'd be the only two awake. It wasn't her luck to be around competent people.
"It does you no good if your sword's on the ground in a battle, boy. Remember that the next time we're fighting to keep you alive." Jolyre said flatly, brushing past them to go check on her chocobo.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

User Image Gio smiled as Kasumi approached behind him, clasping his hands in his lap as he leaned forward slightly. "Heya, Kasumi," he greeted her, "I'm always an early riser... I had to be when it was just my brother and I traveling on the road. I figured since I was awake before everyone else, I'd use the time for some endurance training. I swung that blade somewhere around a thousand times, maybe more. I'm still not strong enough, though. I need to be able to swing a blade like it's nothing and not get tired even if I swing it thousands more times." He dug his nails into the backs of his hands, his palms pressed together tightly. He didn't like feeling weak, feeling useless. He was still nothing right now, just a less than ordinary human with no real strength, but he would change that no matter how long it took.

It didn't help his mood when Jolyre dropped down from a nearby tree and brushed past him abrasively, her poise indicating that familiar disdain he had come to expect from her. Her words were no better than her posture, belittling him at the first opportunity.

"It does you no good if your sword's on the ground in a battle, boy. Remember that the next time we're fighting to keep you alive."

Could she be any more rude? Still, it wasn't like he didn't deserve it. He was the cause of so many problems for the people around him, her in particular. It would have been better if someone else had become the host of the Fate Crystal.... anyone would be better than him. His mind was really a mess with all these thoughts swirling in his head. On the one hand, he was more determined to train and make something of himself than he had ever been before, and on the other hand, he was also more depressed than he had ever been in his life, feeling utterly worthless, like nothing about him would every be worthwhile. What was seen on the surface was the positive, a facade that he didn't even consciously put up. The negative practically consumed his internal being, a depressing lack of self esteem that came from all the bed things happening around him, things he was powerless in and had no say in.

Gio's response to Jolyre was curt and factual, since he was in too much turmoil inside of himself to put any sense of emotion into his response. If he could have put feeling into it, he didn't even know how it would have sounded. Would he have expressed his apologetic feelings at his pathetic position, or would he have been abrasive right back at her, showing how much her words also angered him inside? Whatever the emotion would have been, it could be decided that there was none in the words, "That's exactly why I was training. I swung the blade in the air as many times as I could until I finally couldn't hold on anymore, Jolyre. If I do that all the time, my arms will get stronger and I will be able to swing more and more times." The only point he was able to get across was a factual one, not an emotional one. The point was that he didn't drop that blade out of simple carelessness, as she seemed to believe. He wasn't being an idiot. He was not an incompetent.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 am
User Image

Miya smiled but said nothing. No, she hadn't really bought herself anything, but she had all she needed... for the moment at least.

Again, the trip was brought up, only this time is seemed a genuine question about the trip, instead of a thinly veiled question of Jolyre and Miya's companionship. For this, Miya was surprisingly grateful.

"The trip was fairly uneventful to be honest. The town was nice and the merchants friendly. They had almost everything we needed, minus some things from my homeland that they obviously didn't have." Miya thought back to her pipe and how the herbs for it were dwindling down. Soon, she'd run out. The thought almost depressed her, but she quickly moved onto the next thought. Sleep.

Standing slowly, Miya gave him a polite smile. "I think I'm going to set up a tent and catch some sleep. If you'll excuse me," the woman then turned and quickly disappeared into the small pile of supplies. After sorting out a single tent, Miya managed to assemble it fairly quickly. She didn't bother to ask anyone to join her, figuring when it came time to sleep, everyone would naturally settle in where they could. Giving the camp one last look over, Miya disappeared into her tent,

---
Miya had managed to set up a tent, unpack a rather comfortable blanket, and get a decent night’s sleep. No one joined her in the tent and she didn’t question who had bunked with who. The only thing she was had worried about was a restful night. She sat up slowly, her bones aching. She wasn’t old enough to be having these pains, but then most people weren’t the fire crystal bearer either. She sighed, dragged herself up and quickly put her armor back on. Stepping outside the tent, she stretched, feeling her muscles easing up.

She looked around and wasn’t surprised to see she wasn’t the first, nor the last one awake. Gio, Kasumi, and Jolyre were already up, though Jolyre seemed to be leaving the group to do her own thing. Not wanting to intrude, Miya went to the supplies and dug out a large chunk of dried meat. Instead of throwing in a stew to soften, Miya happily began gnawing on the end. She was obviously pleased with it as she settled down near the campfire, which was still burning gently, no longer the roaring fire of the previous night.

< smile >>

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 pm
Harrier rose with dawn, as usual. His tent was still cold from the night when he sat up in his pallet and cracked his back. There was a bit of light outside, but voices could be heard. Harrier smiled at the thought that his companions were even earlier risers than he, most weren't.

The evening had been uneventful; filled with conversation, food and rest. And when he went to bed after his shift of watch it seemed as though all were flexible with the sleeping arraignments. Not that it mattered much to him, he was loose minded enough to be willing for anything.

He reached over to the small pile where a few of his things lay and grabbed his boots, securing them with a few tugs of leather and string. Harrier was thankful of the tents that Lady Miya and Young Jolyre had brought, and the green light that filtered down from the fabric almost beckoned him to go back to sleep again. Much had happened yesterday, and even so Harrier slept like a rock. Hard, deep but still restless. Once the rest of his clothes and armor were on he took a second to look at the damage of his outer vest. There was a large hole in it, which he frowned at thinking of the cost of the repairs.

It would suffice for the travel and then the upcoming fight with the bandits. He could get it repaired in Zent.

Harrier swung on his quiver and fastened his swords on his back, they wouldn't be riding until a little while later when everyone was ready. He opened the flap of the tent and walked out.

The sun was already a hand-span into the sky, and he spotted Gio and Kasumi talking a little ways off, with Jolyre moving away. Best not disturb them, he thought, lest I want to know what they are talking about. And judging by their stances, I don't. He saw Miya seated by the fire eating breakfast and walked by to sit next to her.

“Good morning,” Harrier said as he laid out his pack next to him and got his own breakfast from the leftovers of the night.

“How do you fair?” He asked after a swallow of meat as he searched for a skin of water, “I had not a chance to ask you from the battle yesterday. I must admit I am eager to be fighting along side someone so skilled in their field, I myself am skilled in my blades. But the Crystal? I fear that I have yet to wield it as well as you have. I know you have much more experience in your hand, and I am eager to hear your tales.”

Harrier knew that she had probably already been talked to by their other companions; but even though there was the sliver of guilt about going to her when the others might also wish to, he also wished to speak with one as wise as Miya. A golden opportunity.

User Image

Harrier A'Cal- "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Kasumi

User Image
Kasumi looked down at Gio hands and then at the fire. She understood how he felt. She knew what it was like to feel weak, to feel useless. She never held a weapon in her life, much less do battle. All she had was the water and the knowledge of technology her people had. She didn't think that would bring much help. "Your stronger than me." she said, looking at him with a small smile. "I may have a crystal but I do not know how to control the power. Much less hold a sword in battle." she said as she looked back at the fire. "You'll get stronger everyday Gio as long as you keep up your training. Slow and steady wins the race, right?" she laughed slightly.

Back at home, Kasumi felt more like a pawn for her mother to use in any way she wanted. How to dress, who to be seen with, who to avoid. She never had enough courage to just tell her mother how she felt. She was weak, scared, useless. She still feels that way, even though none of the people she has been traveling with has been mean to her or told her what to do. They all were really nice, specially Gio.

"We'll get stronger together. We will get stronger and be of more help to the group no matter what." Kasumi smiled at him. Maybe working together they could both overcome there feelings of being weak and useless.

Kasumi the ocean

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:05 pm
Rodrigo Dragoni had nodded to the conversation with Miya and when she went to set up tent, he went to do the same and help any others that needed help with it. Giovanni and he had slept in a variety of portable "homes" ranging from a mere piece of cloth with random holes in it to full blow tents that seemed too nice to be tents. After everything had been settled down and only when Gio relaxed and "in bed" did Rigo take his rest.

The Nero Angeal had not had the best sleep because it took some time for him to fall asleep as the events of the day and their ramifications flew through his mind again. However, his exhaustion got the best of him, and he fell asleep, sleeping soundly even through the dreams that warped the events of the day. The troupe still had a long way to go in relationships, teamwork, and whatever mad quest they were on now... Well, the next major stop was Renara after the bandit skirmish. So many "ifs" and uncertainties they were in life. No matter, they would deal with it. Rigo and Gio had for the past two years and basically their whole lives. It wasn't anything new...

----------------------

Rigo's eyes fluttered open to the light streaming through the tent. Late. He was up late. Later than usual. Gio was even up before him. He shook his head and got up, preparing himself before getting out of the tent. He sighed. He still remembered the last "dream" he had the night before. It had his parents in them, and it was about Rigo's childhood and how his father had yelled at him for messing up something so minute, and the strive for perfection.

The dark haired Dragoni brother looked around to observe the whereabouts of everyone. He nodded as he saw Gio with a sword in hand. So, his little brother had been practicing and working hard. He smiled slightly. But then he noticed Kasumi and Jolyre there. The Nero Angeal wasn't really too concerned, but Jolyre didn't look like the happiest person in the world. Then again, when had he seen her smile? The Angeal had a great deal of anger in her person.

By the once "great" campfire sat Miya and Harrier conversing privately about something. Rigo wouldn't pry, but his stomach growled asking for food. The Nero Angeal frowned slightly. It was unfortunate that his stomach did not have the same control as he did. And so, Rigo found himself heading toward the campfire.  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff