Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 am
MoonlightxCastsxShadows
1. Clothes fading.
2. My hair dye coming out. I love having my hair black but the color always fades out after a while (any suggestions on a good brand of dye?)
3. People running away from you (no seriously, I was at the grocery store walking over to a shelf to get bread and this woman saw me walking near where she was and she RAN.)4. Lint getting on my clothes.
5. People asking if I'm sick because I'm so pale.
That recently happened when I was at the bookstore. Some lady was taking some serious pains to avoid a fellow goth. Eventually she just left that floor, and me and the girl she had been running from just smiled and nodded our heads knowingly.

xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:17 am
1. I get called a devil praiser which i'm not.
2. I get asked if i carry around dead bodies, i dk what makes them think i do
3. I get asked if i feel emotions, apparently to them im not human
4.I get asked if i cut myself  

The_Zombie_CheerLeader

Sexii_Sapphire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:51 am
Woah
That's a big list and I agree with all of them  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:04 am
XWraith_LordX
MoonlightxCastsxShadows
1. Clothes fading.
2. My hair dye coming out. I love having my hair black but the color always fades out after a while (any suggestions on a good brand of dye?)
3. People running away from you (no seriously, I was at the grocery store walking over to a shelf to get bread and this woman saw me walking near where she was and she RAN.)4. Lint getting on my clothes.
5. People asking if I'm sick because I'm so pale.
That recently happened when I was at the bookstore. Some lady was taking some serious pains to avoid a fellow goth. Eventually she just left that floor, and me and the girl she had been running from just smiled and nodded our heads knowingly.

xd

that sort of thing's happened to me too but they where also screaming nonsensically about a "creepy white niggah" lol  

AEtherclaw

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 am
I always get told that I'm not Goth by a bunch of people cause I can't afford Tripp pants. I make due with mega-dyed jeans and it's just annoying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:13 pm
I know this post is from over 20 pages back but...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin. Spelling, dearest.
2. The price of Tripp clothing... I've always thought Tripp was more mallgoth and it just can't be worth how much they want for it.
3. The price of gothic things in general It's really not if you look in the right places, or you can learn to sew.
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK Learn how to do laundry, and I hope you wear other colours too.
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation.... 11 arm bands are fashion faux pas for anyone, and not neccessarily goth.
6. The damn stereotypes It's the price you pay, like thinking all preps are slutty or all redheads have tempers.
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good... Again, read above, and your parents are probably right. I mean, so far you sound Not Goth.
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN, Chains don't make you goth, and I know of no goth style with a chain obsession.
9. People stepping on your pants Again with the Tripp?
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us. Oh. My. God. Anyways, why else would a teenager wear so much black? Just show them that you aren't.

That is all I must say, but my biggest problem is people thinking I need to tan, or telling me that I "look to goth", and things like that.  

Undeath Muffins

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:10 am
one thing thats a pain in the a** about being goth is all te people who think that goth is only the tripp and other name goth name-brand clothing style...goth..just like punk..is a mind set..not a fashion statement..you can be plenty goth wearing black jeans and a black button down shirt as the person wearing all the name brand clothing

another thing thats a pain in the a** is definatly the steriotypes..they don't bother me that much..some of them are funny..but i hate it when people treat you differently or you can't get a job just because of who you are..  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 am
Undeath Muffins
I know this post is from over 20 pages back but...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin. Spelling, dearest.
2. The price of Tripp clothing... I've always thought Tripp was more mallgoth and it just can't be worth how much they want for it.
3. The price of gothic things in general It's really not if you look in the right places, or you can learn to sew.
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK Learn how to do laundry, and I hope you wear other colours too.
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation.... 11 arm bands are fashion faux pas for anyone, and not neccessarily goth.
6. The damn stereotypes It's the price you pay, like thinking all preps are slutty or all redheads have tempers.
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good... Again, read above, and your parents are probably right. I mean, so far you sound Not Goth.
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN, Chains don't make you goth, and I know of no goth style with a chain obsession.
9. People stepping on your pants Again with the Tripp?
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us. Oh. My. God. Anyways, why else would a teenager wear so much black? Just show them that you aren't.

That is all I must say, but my biggest problem is people thinking I need to tan, or telling me that I "look to goth", and things like that.

i agree with you and i'm a redhead and I DO NOT HAVE A BAD TEMPER! scream ...haha..jk  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:29 pm
Love_of_Jushiro
I always get told that I'm not Goth by a bunch of people cause I can't afford Tripp pants. I make due with mega-dyed jeans and it's just annoying

xd Yeah, i would ignore people like that. Goth has nothing to do with buying certain brands. Clearly they have no idea what being goth is about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:33 pm
A note on Tripp:

The stuff from Hot Topic is crummy mallgoth stuff. Albeit, I have gotten some decent Tripp stuff from Hot Topic in the past, but I usually wait until its on sale or clearance.

BUT the GOOD Tripp stuff comes from ACTUAL Tripp. Go to their website, that's the good stuff. Yeah, its still expensive, but again I typically get it on sale.

Again, goth is not about brand names, but if you do want to buy the brand go to their actual store. They make some nice stuff.  

Autumn Caledonia

LaceyBones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:32 am
+People who look horrid when going to clubs, with hoodies, jeans, Tripp pants, and the like
+Getting asked if I'm emo by everyone that walks by
+Summer weather and three layers of clothes (parasol where are you when I need you?)
+Annoying parents who stare at me like I'll eat their children when I'm at Disneyland
+Having to remove cat hair from my skirts
+Teenagers! Hell, I'm a teenager (but almost eighteen) but hate this generation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:30 am
LaceyBones

+Annoying parents who stare at me like I'll eat their children when I'm at Disneyland.

I practically live at Disneyland, so you'd think people would be used to me by now...but yeah I get the same crazy looks every time.  

Hyena_Queen

Jinx Anachronism

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:00 pm
heart How fast pink hair dye can fade.
heart Having to slather on tons of sunblock or wear long sleeves out in the sun. (I'm very particular about my skin)
heart White cat/dog hair (It gets on EVERYTHING)
heart Once I was refused alcohol because my waiter said only a teenager would go out in public looking like a circus freak. Guess who didn't get a tip that night.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 pm
- The price of clothing
- Finding good clothing
- Liking a lot of bands that seem only to tour in Scandinavia
- Getting tangled in your chains/straps
- Black clothes that fade
- Getting one side of your eye-makeup perfect, and can't get the other side to match
- People always asking why you don't have a tan
- Trying to avoid getting a tan
- Stupid kids who try to impress you by telling you how many pairs of Tripps they have, and that everyone knows their name at Hot Topic. Woo-hoo, who cares?  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 am
Jinx Anachronism
heart How fast pink hair dye can fade.
heart Having to slather on tons of sunblock or wear long sleeves out in the sun. (I'm very particular about my skin)
heart White cat/dog hair (It gets on EVERYTHING)
heart Once I was refused alcohol because my waiter said only a teenager would go out in public looking like a circus freak. Guess who didn't get a tip that night.

I'd have complained about that to the manager, made a comment about social discrimination still being discrimination and threaten possible legal action against the company and the waiter.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff