Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Nights/North] Chapter I : Let The Rain Fall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:11 pm
Since they were going to travel, he decided to don his armor. Cade moved to the caravan and instead of futilely attempting to jump like the gnome, he flew and found his back and removed a sphere 6 inches in size diameter. With a thought, it seemed to melt, and spread all over his body forming into a shining plate male. Obviously used to this method, he didn't stop and retrieved his shield from the pack as well.

This finished he moved and flew to where the gnome was attempting to climb, and bent down offering his hand to help the Garl, saying "I could make you a rope, but it would only last for a quarter of the day. But my hand is just as sure." he said with a reassuring smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 pm
Watching amusingly for a few moments. Devoid of his sanity for a moment, Drebins thinks aloud to himself, "Heh. It truly amazes me sometimes how ill prepared you hu- *snort* Well that was almost a right turn on a bad line of thought. Anyways, I have some rope and a length of chain. But I'm with Cade, manual labor builds character. Anyone? Anyone at all? Come on. Help him out."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ana-Justine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am
Ana gently lifts the gnome onto the wagon without a thought. "There you go."

After she climbs into the back of the wagon she mutters a few words and a puff of clear fog materialises, shaped as a chair, a few feet off the base of the wagon. Sitting in the chair, she pulls out a thick book and begins to read.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:22 pm
Mounting her new steed, Miai smiles to the others, prepared to ride out whenever they are.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:50 am
Thanks for the assist. Now I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I'm getting stir crazy with all of this sitting! and true enough, he really did look like he was jittery and ready to get on the road once more.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:23 pm
"Theres a package in there for you Elena" Pora called in "Arived this morning, figured you'd want it for the trip down" with that, sure enough there was a wooden crate amoung though in the front caravan with Elena's name on it. The adress and name was writen in a high curving script. Akin to that from old tomes.

When everyone is ready. The horses pull away with ease, trotting down the street you see several of the earlie morning businesses setting up. A few of the larger stalls, the smell of baking bread fills the air in several places. Though soon enough you reach the southen gate. Passing the newly raised portculas and the couple of town milita who seemed to just want to sleep.

The road south was dryer than you though it would be. Andrad was notorious for catching the rain that went north up the coast.

Meeting a few caravans on the way down, they call there greetings and pass by without incident. In about an hour you find the spot you where jumped the night before. The baracades have been moved around to the side of the road. By who, you can not guess.

It's around noon you reach the turning for Telknock. With no need to stop you pass by without looking back. At around 2 o'clock you happen upon a small comunity of Halfling caravans, setteled a few miles from Rockford. An clear open patch of grass is close by, an ideal spot to stop for lunch, and from the music flowing from the cluster of caravans, a bit off fun. And of course any news from south. Halflings get around and these caravans seem very worn indeed.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Ana-Justine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm
"This fair looks interesting. Does anyone think we should stop, or should we just continue?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Elena eyes widen with excitement when she hears about her package. She rushes into the caravan, quickly moving her head from side to side while smiling in anticipation. She finds the box addressed to her & instantly recognises the handwriting, her smile widens. She opens the box carefully and lets out a squeal of delight. Her face seems to glow as she gazes in awe at the contents. An egg, deep brass, flecked with white and brown patches.

She retches into the box, surprised by the warmth and places her hand on the egg. Gently she caresses the surface, gazing at it with wonder and joy. She moves her other hand into her bag to retrieve her tarot cards. Closing her eyes she carefully chooses one; The Hanged Man. “Ah overcoming obstacles & changes, but at a price, sacrifice and loss.” She reluctantly lifts her hand off the egg. Moving over to one of the other boxes, she grabs a blanket and gently places it over the egg. “There, there my dear” she whispers, tucking it in. Only then does she notice the letter beside the egg. She moves over to sit beside the box as she opens & reads it.

“Oh lets stop at the fair! If even just for a little while. We could get some useful information as well as food”

x-wild-eyes-x

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 pm
"The group certainly seems friendly enough," the half-nymph woman says from atop her own mount. "And I don't know if we'll find a better place to camp further on. I'm all for stopping here."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 pm
Watching Elena the entire time, Drebins gets a brilliant idea. Pulling out an old deck of card, "Oh. This is gonna be fun. I haven't Harrowed for money in a long time. Meh. I'm not too worried about Cassie. She'll find out one way or another, just gotta make sure she isn't getting better at Harrowing. Yes Lilly. I remember what happened when Forts mocked her fortune-telling. Something about not being able to pee right for weeks. Look, it's do this with the cards or do it with the dice and something tells me dice looks a lot less impressive. Anyways. Paladin. Dance. Trumpet. Hidden Truth." For the duration of the ride, Drebins holds up a playing card and calls out a word. In seconds the card changes in design and picture with the name on the bottom. Finally finished with all 52 cards plus jokers, "Done. And not a moment too soon. Halflings means money if I can sell items or services. I say we take a break. Any longer in here and we may end up killing each other."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aya Soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:08 am
"Hope they're friendly..." she said lightly, barely able to be heard from where she's sitting in one of those wagons.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:08 pm
Threan doesn't speak much throughout the trip. Mostly just keeps an eye out for possible enemies/prey. xd Upon the sight of the halflings Threan gives off yet another smile. The halfling kind were always a race he could get along with. Mostly because of the fact they travel and are about his height.

I don't see what's wrong with stopping for info gathering, money making, or what not. I personally am always interested in what fellow travelers have found while on their journeys. Mayhaps something of interest?  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:43 am
The caravan's where set out in no particular order. Though there was a large around in the center of the camp. About 70 ft across. Kept open for stalls and a few stages. Strings or brightly coloured flags ran between the caravans, giving the place a much brighter feel.

Music was coming from a few stages. While acrobatic feats where taking place on others. One incolving a Halfling doing a hand stand, only for a second one to flip up and stand on his feet.

A few stalls where scattered about. A couple of trinket stalls "Skrimshaw carving from the great north" one small woman called, while another bellowed "buy and sell people, buy and sell anything you can. Dont miss a bargen"

You do see a few other races here. A few humans, two elfs who kept close together. A small fanily of gnomes and probbaly the most out of place where the 3 half orc, to males and a female, watching the acrobatics.

As you walk in the woman from the Skrimshaw stall called "Can I intrest you girls in some jewlery?" while another halfling comes torotting over. With a strap around his neck he's holding a wooden trey against his stomach. "Buying or selling?" He asked with a smile and a wink.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:00 pm
Cade wasn't really a fan of others of his race. He had never met one of his kind other then his immediate famliy that treated him with any sort of kindness. As such, he kept the perch he had made on top of one of the wagons with his wings tucked closely into his sides. From his high perch he had a good vantage point of the acrobatics being performed. he knew his kind had a natural talent for such performances, but what the pair was doing was still quite impressive.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm
"Selling. Charms from the East my friend. These charms may look like nothing more than a bulb of garlic hanging to look like a pendant. But I can swear to you on my pride as a merchant that this is used to battle against vampire and those that fear this Normally it's offered for a price of ten gold. I'll offer it for eight gold and five silvers."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff