Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Kasumi the ocean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:10 pm
Kasumi

User Image

Kasumi looked to Gio and smiled. "I want to become stronger as well. I want to help in any way I can." she said.

She needed to practice on both her healing skills and water skills. But without any other Sahagin to teach her, she knew it was going to be difficult but was willing to put forth the effort. As long as she could be of some help.

"I would be willing to spar as well." she said as she nugged the Chocobo slightly until she was walking beside Gio. "I need to learn that I can't be scared to fight. I need to learn how to protect myself and others around me." she said. She looked up at the sky and smiled. "And I don't want you to go easy on me either." she said as she went on ahead of him, but not to far.

If she was going to spar with the others, she wanted them to attack her full on. It wouldn't be any help if they held back against her. Sure she might get hurt but that just reinforced on how much stronger she needed to get.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Harrier tilted his head out of the wind and looked at Rigo who had quickened his pace on his Chocobo to trot next to him.

“The road to Zent shouldn't prove difficult since you seem to have been traveling for a long time, and afterwords the battle with the bandits should prove just as quick. Hopefully the women should have met up with us by then to participate. And Alane? What do you mean 'my thoughts on her'? How she will fare on the trip? She's been a lot farther than just Tylem and Renara. She's been all the way to Iriem and farther around, so she is an excellent guide and knows her way about. Alane can fight, but I doubt she did as wholesome as she could against the fake bearers,” Harrier said, taking Rigo's words quite literal.

User Image

Harrier A'Cal- "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."

(( I was about to make Rine eat you for your pun. But it is funny, and I guess Hairy deserves it for being so literal >.< ))  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Vizzion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 am
Orin Beleren

User Image

Orin took out his personal book once more and jotted some details down as Kasumi spoke fondly of her home country of Iriem. I've read about Iriem from one of the many books in the library. However, having a native of the land telling the details of Iriem is a much better source of information I would say... Orin thought as he kept quiet while listening to Kasumi and still jotting down some notes. Orin's eyes and attention were diverted when Gio spoke and looked at him and addressed Orin's concern for Gio and Kasumi's fighting ability. As soon as he heard Gio was willing to spar and practice day and night to improve his skills, a rare grin graced Orin's face.

Orin is not quite an elite fighter in weapons and hand to hand combat but he is quite adept at manipulating his knowledge of his Ice Magics. During the last fight he made a grave miscalculation in underestimating his opponent but he promised himself it would never happen again. Orin was comforted with the knowledge that Gio is as determined as him to improve.

"I shall help you two as much as I can if you so wish" Orin said to both Gio and Kasumi. "However, I am not sure how much any of us can learn from only one or two days of training" Orin said following his previous statement. "Mind you I am seeking to be more adept in sword skills so if you are willing to teach me some techniques that would be much appreciated" Orin said to Harrier as he nudged his bird to run faster to keep pace with the rest of the group.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:18 pm
Jolyre waited in a silence that chilled her bones. It was for several years now that she whispered bitterly to herself in the black of night of how she wanted to know everything. Alessa's true death. Alexei's madness. Who truly killed both Alessa and Alexei.
It was only here, on the brink of the information, did Jolyre quaver.
Maybe she didn't want to know.
It was so easy to blame the world for their deaths the strain of living on a body that forces it succumb to death. A murder blamed on the hands of another.
What if what she learned now incriminated the only people Jolyre Aegis had ever held on a pedestal? She only tightened her already iron grip on the reigns.
“In the final battle that the crystal bearers faced, that we faced, your mother was seriously wounded. These were not wounds that could simply be healed with time or magic. She suffered a wound to her spirit, to her soul. It ate away at her, like a poison would. We did all we could, but in the end, we could not help her. Her crystal no longer recognized her, and she passed into whatever awaits us. So, it is both true and false to say she fell to illness. “ Miya had started, slowly, refusing to look at the Angeal as Jolyre forced her to trek into memories that had probably been locked and the key stashed away.
It comforted her in a way, that Alessa had not also been wrongfully murdered. But...how the wound been sustained? What can hit you so hard and so brutal that your very spirit bleeds out?
Jolyre remained silent as Miya continued her explanation.
...It seems likely that there was something forcing him to act against his nature. Something more important to him than honor or pride might have been at stake. I wish I could have helped him…” Miya stated about Jolyre's father and incident with Gio and Rigo.
There was something hanging in the air at the end of Miya's response. Like a lost comma or a "but". Perhaps Jolyre was simply on edge and felt sketchy. She didn't think so. The angeal often lived by her instincts.
Miya was leaving something out. It was likely Alexei wasn't acting of his own accord, but....what? Was she trying to imply that Alexei was coherent to his own actions?
Her eyes narrowed, but she felt foolish. The woman had not said anything. Jolyre was basing the majority of her emotion and thought on pure speculation. She'd been taught better.
On the failing horizon, a city drew closer and closer. They would reach it soon to gather the necessities.
“I do believe that Gio was not in control of his actions. I’m sure you know this and I also realize this doesn’t ease the pain or the loss.”
How very, very true. she thought wryly. In control or not, he needed to be stronger than to serve simply as an outlet for wandering spirits. The fact that a mysterious enigma killed Alexei did nothing to comfort Jolyre. How do you fight that? Take a few desperate slashes at the air and claim your vengeance done? She wanted something tangible to hate and all she had was Giovanni Dragoni. The boy whose hands physically killed her warrior-lord father.
Jolyre didn't know what she'd been hoping for. She was just as lost now as she had been before she even hailed Miya down with questions. Maybe more so. She only had more questions.. Had she been hoping for incriminating evidence against Gio or Alexei? A solid fact in who to blame?
She immediately understood Miya's disinclination to look her in the eye; Jolyre did the same, keeping her own fierce blue orbs transfixed on the city, bouncing closer into view.
“I am protective of Gio, yes. As a previous bearer, I know the importance of the Fate crystal. However, he reminds me of something I lost long ago. Something that I will never get back”
Was that it? Jolyre almost laughed but for the seriousness of the situation. Who was to say the fire-bearer was even telling her any of the truth and not just feeding her what she wanted Jolyre to hear?
"Fate crystal and lost things or not, you guard him as if..." Jolyre stopped, thoughtful for a moment.
"as if he were a sibling..or a child." she said simply. This was true. The woman's concern for the ragdoll boy was very close if not surpassing, Rigo. A human boy raised among the Nero Angeal. The troupe with which she traveled had back stories indeed.
She left the Gio topic alone. Whatever he was to Miya, Jolyre was sure to find out. On the plus side, traveling in groups increased one's chances of obtaining a goal. On the down side, everyone had to wash their dirty laundry eventually.
The gates of the city fell into view.
" Alessa. What was she like...and am I the bearer she once was?" Jolyre asked, quietly.
No longer able to count on her parents' approval, she reached out the person she respected most. A person her parents respected and trusted. She could let the memory of neither of her parents sleep while so much mystery shrouded their deaths, but she accepted that they were deceased. By-gones were not by-gones, and Jolyre would make them proud yet...
(sorry for lack of "oomph" in this post..I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Jolyre wants.)  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 pm
The Nero Angeal had to smile slightly when he heard Orin readily offer help in exchange for training. It seemed the group chemistry was not so awkward after all. Rigo turned back to Harrier, who had answered his question, for better of lack of descriptive words, quite literally. The Wind Bearer had completely missed the beat on the part about Alane. The noble wondered if he should press any further.

He nodded. "Zent. Indeed," he said agreeing with Harrier in the hopes that the women would indeed join up with them by that time. If they hadn't hopefully that didn't mean that anything had happened to them.... though one could easily blame Jolyre for causing a ruckus. Rigo did have a pure faith toward Jolyre and the others despite Jolyre's previous actions and her resolute bitterness and anger toward the Dragoni brothers.

Rigo managed a small chuckle. "Sir Harrier, did the two of you grow up together?"

((Rine and eating people... Hairy Harr! Arggg! I should go now...))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm
“Of course. It will be a pleasure. But how I teach you is based off of how you wish to use your blade. We will find that when the time comes, however,” Harrier said to Orin when the Ice bearer came up to him.

When he turned back to Rigo, who looked a little unsure of himself for a reason unknown to Harrier, he answered a little bemused.

“Have faith, they will return soon. I know not more than you or the others of Jolyre or Miya, but they are skilled warriors and it is not likely the supplies animate and chose to devour them,” he answered about Rigo's slightly doubtful tone of Zent.

“And, yes. A matter of fact we have grown up together, since I was ten. Alane was half my age at the time when we met, but we got along well enough. And through and through we and our families have stuck. Although if you want to know more about her, you might wish to ask her yourself,” he ended his at first awkward statement with a grin. He was beginning to warm up to the troupe.

Harrier sighed heavily and leaned back into his saddle, he could not wait until they stopped for the eve. He could already not feel his thighs. But he also hoped they covered enough ground to shorten their 'morrow's journey. No doubt the others felt the same with the heavy step of the Chocobo, but they need the extra speed to travel better.

User Image

Harrier A'Cal- "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm
It wasn't that Rigo was doubtful about Zent or about the women really. Some others in the Nero Angeal noble's position may have thought Harrier's bemused tone was poking fun at Rigo, but the dark haired nineteen year old did not think of Harrier that way. He nodded at Harrier's explanation of the abridged version of his and Alane's childhood relationship. The two of them were close. That much had been obvious from the little of the interactions that Rigo had observed between the two Tylem natives. The history that Harrier mentioned only reinforced that view. However, there appeared to be more, although Harrier was being wry about it. Well enough... I suppose they may have fought... as they do now.

Rigo managed a small smile to match Harrier's when the Wind Bearer grinned. "Point taken. A lady does have her own particularities about her privacy." He paused as Harrier sighed heavily and stretched in the saddle.

You think of her as a sister, do you not?" The Dragoni heir asked in a light tone, not a bit sarcastic or even remotely accusatory. Actually, his legs were getting slightly stiff. Rigo and Gio were more used to traveling by foot after all, and the repetitive rhythm of the Chocobo gait did get... repetitive and cause his legs to stiffen slightly. He'd have to stretch them slightly, and he did so, keeping a careful hold on the Chocobo reins and balancing himself so he wouldn't fall off.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:47 pm
“Indeed, although Alane does not mind of my speaking of her. I think you would be entertained about what she has to say for the very same question,” Harrier said. It was true, she had a many interesting things to say. And besides, he would get knowledge and respect form her.

“A sister? Not really. I have plenty of the demons, and none of them compare in the quite the same. Maybe there is a different term that they just haven't created describing more than a close friend and not the same as a sibling? But even though, I will protect her like one. And more,” he replied. Talking about Alane was always easier than talking an unbearable amount about himself.

“And how did Gio come to be in your family? At the beginning when I first saw you, Lady Jolyre and Gio in the canyons, I had thought you and Jolyre were siblings. Although I now see my mistake. My knowledge is quite local and the only other race besides Human that I know of greatly is the Sahagin because my father had run a port there before the first of my sisters was born. Alane is the 'expert' on Giants, if you will say it that way. She knows more than I, at least. I wonder what other knowledge the others bring with them from their own countries.”

It would actually better to ask this while Alane was here, because she would love to absorb what was being said. But either he could tell it to her or her ask again. She would be more interested in what the Earth bearer will have to say, because they would be a giant and she is much more interested in their culture. And even though she would listen to what Kasumi, Orin and everyone else has to say about their country and its specialties, she would rather hear about the Earth bearer's experiences and culture.

If only she was as interested in Tylem, but who could blame her? Even Harrier disliked the winds most of the time, and only in the off seasons did people come and go. The most interesting thing was how the winds blew, and that was for workers at the Timat Crossing. Beauty in the eye of the beholder. No doubt when they returned they would be clinging to the hard rocks and winds all day.

User Image

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Rigo felt a small smile form on his lips when Harrier denied thinking of Alane as a sister and launch into his explanation of their relationship. Harrier certainly cared for the one who had aided the Darkness Bearer in the skirmish against the false fire bearer.

The Nero Angeal did not consider his brother to be a demon, but he knew of others that often compared their siblings to brats and demons of the like. "That is very caring of you." Rigo stated softly in response to Harrier's statement that he would protect her more than simply as a sibling. "The two of you do complement each other well." No, he couldn't flat out say it. It just didn't seem appropriate to poke any further into Harrier and Alane's relationship.

Rigo suppressed a slight grimace and let out a small "Hah." when Harrier mentioned that he thought Rigo and Jolyre were siblings. Now, if that were true, maybe the categorization of siblings as demons could be potentially true in his case. "Well, that is an honest assumption. The Nero Angeal and Angeal do have similarities. I'm sure we will learn about the different cultures from each other and as we travel. I did not know much about Iriem and only know the little about Renara mainly from our little adventure." He was referring to Gio's accidental insult to the warriors of the giants. While Gio and Rigo had traveled much, they did not necessarily know all the little details of the other nations because they were constantly moving.

The Dragoni heir sighed slightly when Harrier inquired about Gio's entrance into his family. Clearly, everyone could tell Gio was a human, and not a Nero Angeal. Rigo sometimes forgot that because of his bond, but he knew his brother well... or relatively well at least. "Gio has been with my family for as long as I can remember. My father adopted him into our family while Gio was only an infant." To be honest, Rigo didn't know exactly how his father had come by Gio. One day, Gio had just come home with Rigo's father, and Rigo had been extremely excited to see another person and someone to call "Brother." The Nero Angeal smiled as he thought of the past. "Gio was... quite the brother." That phrase was full of sentimental meaning, hinting at the ups and downs that the two brothers had been through... "And he still is."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm
<>

Jolyre remained quiet as Miya spoke. She could tell that the woman was filled with conflicting emotions, and Miya didn’t expect anything less. In fact, if what she had told her had pacified Jolyre, then she would be worried. However, Miya’s look hardened when Jolyre compared her protectiveness to Gio to something a family member would have. To Miya’s relief, Jolyre moved on to something that interested her far more than the fire bearer’s interest in Gio.

" Alessa. What was she like...and am I the bearer she once was?"
Ah, this was what Jolyre really wanted to hear about. Jolyre, despite her tough exterior and skill as a warrior was still a young, vulnerable girl. Miya considered her words carefully.

“Alessa was a fine woman and warrior,” Miya smiled faintly, remembering the Angeal. “I had a bad temper then, but she was able always able to calm me down. Her and…” Miya stopped, her smile fading. “She tended to pick up things faster than I did. It used to annoy me.” Miya admitted in the way a person thinking about their past can; honestly, and through rose tinted glasses. “In many ways you are very different than your mother… But you remind me of her in many ways.” Miya was silent for several long moments before finishing, “You are not the bearer she was. You’re your own bearer; you have many strengths she did not. I know she would be proud.”

It may sound as though Miya was telling her what she wanted to hear, but she had a feeling Jolyre would know she was being honest. Plus, Jolyre must already know that her mother would be proud of her; and that she was a fine bearer for one so young. Yes, this crew was still wet behind the ears, but they were more determined, more excited than the previous generation had been in many ways. Miya herself had first been stubborn and fiery when she had first joined the group. Her warrior ways and tough exterior had not made her very popular. With time though, everything changes.

They entered the village and Miya slide off her bird with little effort. Throwing the reins around a nearby tree to insure the chocobo didn’t flee (it kweh-ed in displeasure), she waited for Jolyre before venturing into the masses to retrieve supplies. The busy people hurrying to and fro kept their conversation from continuing, but that was probably for the best. Besides, they had to still buy supplies and catch up to the group. Ifrit knows that Miya didn’t like that bunch out of her sight for too long…  

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 pm
“She's almost my complete opposite. But I guess you could say that,” Harrier said and leaned back slightly in the saddle. He listened at what Rigo was saying with interest, he wanted to learn all he could about him.

“I had no idea that the two were actually different Races. But now that you point it out I see,” he replied about the Angeal. “But we are bound to learn much on our oncoming travels. And I'm sure we know something about our own country to not get ourselves kidnapped, slaughtered and our heads on pointy sticks.”

Adopted? He had figured that, and it seemed as though it was a bit of a mystery as to why.

“I think I understand,” Harrier said. He knew how hard it was to live with siblings, but there were much more ups than downs. And even the downs were fun and entertaining. He had no idea of what Nero Angeal culture was, but it seemed different from Tylem's easy going, almost careless views. Gio seemed weaker at times, but with that odd occurrence he was not so sure to doubt him as much as he had when he first saw Gio. “He is brave, of what I have seen. If not in heart, then in mind. And if not in mind, then in heart.”

Everyone had a bit of bravery in them. At one point and time it is in their heart, open actions, others just thoughts. It seemed that Gio alternated between them easily, from before fright and stuttering almost straight into a battle worthy spirit.

Odd ones, we all are, Harrier concluded.

User Image

((Don't blame me if this post makes no sense. I'm tired and don't wish to read over it. >.< ))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 pm
((My post is lacking luster too, but I'm just helping things move along so that we all actually have something to post about down the road.))

Giovanni Infinito Dragoni
I just.... I just don't want to see anyone hurt because of me. I want to be able to protect them.... protect them all.

User Image Gio gave Kasumi a smile at her words, saying, "We'll both do our best then, it's a promise." He shook the reins a bit making the Chocobo swerve around a stray rock with a delighted 'kweh'. Then it aimed straight for another rock right ahead of it and dodged to the side at the last moment. He was a little uneasy because of the maneuvers, but at the same time it was a little exciting. Still, he pulled the reins a little to make the Chocobo calm down. "Looks like I got a daredevil Chocobo. He likes to dodge danger by a hair." he laughed a little nervously. "Easy boy, I don't feel like dying, thank you very much. I'll let you run around later and do as you please... okay?" The Chocobo turned its head to look back at him and gave a cheerful chirp, It's big blue eye staring at him happily before returning its attention ahead of itself.

Gio watched Harrier and Rigo begin talking extensively. He was too far back from them, so he was unable to hear what they were talking about with the combination of running Chocobos and whistling winds, he could hardly hear the people right next to him. So, rather than dropping in on their conversation unwanted, he just focused on the ride, noticing that the sun was beginning to set. They had been going at a slower pace than Chocobos were normally capable of so Miya and Jolyre would be able to catch up with them, but they had definitely covered a fair difference. He just hoped it would both be fast enough for them to get to their destination quickly, but take long enough for him to get some training in so he could actually help with taking care of the bandits.  

Draconia Crystalis

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 pm
((Hrmm... *attempts to involve people* .....I think I might be braindead. Even more lackluster post...))

Rigo nodded in agreement with Harrier and raised his eyebrow slightly when Harrier mentioned that they hopefully knew enough about their own countries to stay alive. He was joking, so Rigo managed a light chuckle. The Nero Angeal did not think that Harrier was making a reference to Renara, but some people seemed to think the Renaran giants did just that to passerbys.

"Or both," Rigo added as Harrier openly wondered about Gio's circumstances. "We are all different, but we all have our hearts in the right place." And perhaps, mind as well. I do wonder what we will be encountering at the end of this road as Crystal Bearers....

He glanced back at the others, upon hearing Gio's Chocobo "kweh". Everyone seemed fine, and everything seemed peaceful... even with the heavyset Suri and the cold terse Orin next to the happy going Kasumi. Hopefully, the women would join them soon. "Gio, calm down."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 pm
“You are right,” Harrier agreed before returning to silence.

He looked out onto the dark, almost desert like, plain. A few fiends were mingling about, and some were looking at the troupe, but they were high on the Chocobos and they were not aggressive towards the large beasts. The most major part of Chocobos rather than quick travel. They would have already been in dozens of battles with the wolves and other aggressive beasts. And maybe some Cacti if Alane was here, because she could not resist poking at them.

The sun was beginning to dip, but it wouldn't be for another hour before it would sent off red hues and dip into the land. And an hour's ride would cover great distance, but they would need to set up camp and hunt for food. The plain was full of cockatrices to choose from, so that wouldn't be a problem.

“In less than an hour we'll stop and make camp. I want enough time to get settled before sunset,” Harrier told Rigo, “Can you let the others know?”

User Image

(( Moving on forward. Yu-up. ))  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Vizzion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 pm
Orin Beleren

User Image

Not one to divulge in idle chit chat or pleasantries too much, Orin had already begun taking in mental notes on his surroundings. Orin had thought his previous conversation already covered the need for chatter and now he needed to familiarize himself with the land. Well, at least it isn't as windy as Tylem was so footing should not be a problem. However, if it should rain that would be problematic not only for the impending fight but also for travel... Orin thought as he already planned ahead for before and after their business with the bandits.

Orin's thoughts were broken when he not only heard quite a delighted 'kweh' and Gio nervous laugh. Orin might have been in the rear of the group but close enough to hear the whole of Gio's comment to his chocobo. He looked to the front of the group and noticed that Rigo and Harrier were riding side by side and conversing with each other. When he noticed the glare from the sun that had been haunting him for some time now had soften he looked sideways towards the horizon and noticed the sun had begun setting. It must almost be time to set camp and get some rest pretty soon here. Traveling in the dark seems like an unwise choice.. Orin thought as he looked back at the group.

Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff