Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 pm
"Some tea for us both and whatever you recommend for a light snack." His words spoken to the waitress, he looked back at Kiyo. "Our luck has not been too well anyways, and after your confrontation a break wouldn't hurt us anymore really. Unfortunately, returning to that temple seems like a bad idea at this point."  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 5, 7 Total: 18 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:21 pm
Kaichiyo nodded and followed along, arriving back to her apparently too-bold partner in short order. She nodded in acknowledgment to his implied request before giggling at Ruri's teasing. "For shame. First you try to offer me your's and then you try to take mine? I'm not sure you understand how this game works, Hiko-kun."

She joined in the laugh and let the two go off on their way before searching the store for the tea set she'd come here here.

[Perception/Investigation (Search) to find a crane-colored tea set
Roll 3k2 + ? vs. TN ?
1, 3, 2 = 5]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 4 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 4 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 3 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 2 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would nod, then turn to bow to Kaichiyo and... bow to Kaichiyo. "Well, the best of luck to you!" she would say, before the four would split up.

"Well, I'm all ears, Naohiko-san. What's your idea?' she would ask with the slightest touch of impatience.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The waitress would give Gendo an odd look, before bowing. "I'll... try my best, samurai-sama." She would back away bowed, before retreating to figure out how to handle your order.

"Mm..." Kiyo would vocalize, her attention focused on the door more than anything, since all the shutters were currently closed. For the most part, she didn't say anything as you both would wait.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Your attentions go to a certain vase that was certainly eye-grabbing. Definitely made to be showy, it was extravagantly painted with all sorts of complexity. It certainly fit the bill of what you're looking for, even though it was a touch 'busy' in decoration.

Shoichi, familiar with this exact piece, would hold one hand to the side of his mouth, shielding it from the gaze of the merchant before mouthing the word 'Koku' at you.

"Are you interested in that piece, my lady?" the merchant would ask you, apparently already filled with enthusiasm about the potential sale.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:14 am
"I've got an idea....how good are you with herbs, Ruri-san? I seem to remember a story about a Scorpion ande a Crab I heard from somewhere. The Crab did the Scorpion a favor and the Scorpion wanted to reward him with anything. The only thing the Crab wanted was a good night's sleep. I just figured that with the heavy burden that comes with ruling this empire, we could get something that could promote a good night's sleep. Would not that be a gift worthy of an Emperor?"

The Kraken samurai would scratch the back of his head. "Failing that, I know the dango stand I got the dango from seems to have ronin problems. I wonder if such problems couldn't be solved with a duel of some sorts?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am
Her eyes went wide at the revelation of price, and nodded gratefully to her partner before turning to the eager merchant. "It's a fine piece. I know someone who would greatly appreciate such a gift. But first I was wondering..." she spoke cheerily, pulling out the scavenger hunt scroll and showing him both the seal and the list. "We are participating in Kioko-hime's scavenger hunt game. Simply put, we need something in Crane colors that is not worn, and I need a new tea set. I thought we might be able to fill both needs at the same time. Can you help me?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 pm
"The Crane Colors item should be easy as soon as we decide to look into more business orientated places. The rest is less easy, especially without a grasp of Crane history and culture." Gendo shifted slightly and rest his chin in one hand as he waited for the tea.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:29 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 4 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 3 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would look a bit weirded out at the request. "I, ah... no, and I don't think the Mantis could help you with mixing things that can put people to sleep against their will, Naohiko-san..... The Scorpion or Spider, by reputation, would be where you'd want to turn....." She would cough into her balled fist once, awkwardly.

Ultimately, Ruri seems a lot more skittish now. She doesn't address your other idea.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The merchant nods sagely, "Ah, yes, yes, the game of Kioko-hime. Hmm, let me see, let me see..." He scans his wares, before presenting the teapot of a set that met Kaichiyo's specifications. "As far as tea sets go, this is the best quality I have, surely to get you special recognition from your hosts if you present them with this set."

Shoichi repeats his warning from last time, mouthing 'Koookkkuuu' even slower now.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo seems surprised, looking at Gendo. "You... you aren't aware that the Sparrow descended from the Crane? And our lands are very close to here in proximity?"

After your response to that, she would add, "And, remember, we don't need to get everything from the list, Gendo-san."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:57 pm
"I did not know that. Then I ask for your guidance in those items, Kiyo-san." He bowed his head lightly.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 am
Kaichiyo inwardly facepalmed at Shoichi's subtlety, but the point was well taken.

"Um, that does look like a very fine set. Unfortunately I only have 3 bu with me today, and may need at least one of them for the remaining 3 items on our list. What can you offer to meet these sadly limited restrictions?" she explained, a bit embarrassed.  
Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 6, 6, 8, 8, 3, 3, 1, 8, 4, 1, 3, 4 Total: 65 (14-140)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:03 pm
Naohiko gave a shocked and startled look at Ruri. "I....really must've let my mouth speak faster than my mind worked. Perhaps if I restate my statement to what I thought I was saying. I was wondering if a gift of herbal teas may be a good idea. Especially those blended to promote restful sleep. I was curious if you possessed training in what those herbs may be. I am but a samurai and all I can remember is a couple of things my mother had me drink when I was ill." The Kraken bushi shrugged. "We may wish to get some tea for ourselves while we're there. I think a little break is warranted, don't you?

OOC:
First 8 dice: Awareness/ Etiquette 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions.
Raises called: 1 to make sure he's coming off as inoffensive as possible.
Results: 21-5

Second 6 dice: Investigation/Perception: To the Tea Merchants! last 2 dice handle explosions
TN: 25
Results: 12  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 4 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would blink a few times, remaining silent for a bit, before talking. "Umm..... I'm honestly coming up empty, Gendo-san. Stuff like this really isn't my strong suit. I mainly joined to me... to make friends." She seemed a little embarrassed about her inability to help you.

She would turn her gaze doorward, and simply say lowly, "I wonder how my sister is doing..."

Around this time, the waitress would return with two cups for tea, already prepared sans water, and the teapot containing said water. "I wasn't sure what kind of tea you wanted, so I hope this is okay," she would explain, before filling both cups. Soon she would return with a smallish bowl of karinto, bowing before departing from her duties at your table.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The merchant looked thoughtful for a few moments, stroking his mustache. "Hmm, I see, I see. Well, the Crane did say make the discount substantial and they'll reimburse you and either return me the difference or the item. I could let it go for three bu - but I can present you with something that might still appeal to your fine tastes while being a bit more budget-friendly. Tell me, tell me, what would please you, my lady?"

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Ah," Ruri would only say at first, and nothing more. She would walk with you in silence for a little while, before she would finally speak up.

"I don't think your other idea from before is a good one. Problems between peasants and ronin are for that clan's magistrates. Plus, any duel without permission would be an illegal one and I don't think that will score us any points with the Crane as one of our 'scavenger hunt' items. I'm not even sure how you'd represent it?"

Naohiko does not find a reputable tea merchant, but he finds a free raise!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:21 am
"That's very generous of them." she nodded, pondering the new options. Ultimately she decided to go with her original suggestion. "Yes, I would prefer if you could show me something you're willing to let go for 2 bu."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 12 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 7, 9, 9, 4, 9, 4, 6, 8, 1, 3 Total: 69 (12-120)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 pm
Naohiko rubbed his forehead. He could only hope that they could find a tea shop they could get some decent tea at. "I think the cold is getting to me. I agree with you. I do not wish to engage in an illegal duel. I merely wish to find something worth dueling over. It was a thought. I'm sure we'll find a better way."

The Kraken continued looking for a teashop, discretely making sure Rur followed him. Naohiko had accidentally spooked her and he would have to rectify that. "Hungry yet? We've got dango, if you like."

OOC:
Investigation/Perception w/ 1 free raise to reduce the Tn, +3 from Moshi Ruri for 4k2+3 total. w/ 2 dice to handle explosions. (first six dice)
Dice: 8,1,7,9
TN: 20
Results: 20:

Awareness/courtier 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions (2nd six dice)
Raises called: 1 to make sure his actions are seen as non threatening as possible.
Dice: 9, 4, 6,8
Results: 23-5  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 2, 2, 7, 10 Total: 32 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 pm
Gendo would nod to the waitress and wait for her to leave before taking a sip of his tea. "It's always nice to have good relations with people. More fun for everyone, right?" Taking another sip, he'd set the cup down and look out the door at the white, snow filled streets.

"Tell, little Sparrow.
Why do you look so forlorn?
Winter is still young."

Awareness/Poetry - 4k3 - 13
Trying to cheer her up.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:14 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 4 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 4 items collected

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The merchant would present three sets that he considers to be of acceptable quality:

The first is a winter-themed set which, while not precisely Crane Clan colors, is kind of close to them; enough to easily mistake the two at a glance.

The second is an older Crane set and is actually really nice craftsmanship, but it is second-hand and not exactly in mint condition, despite rarity and sentimental value. There's an occasional crack or chip missing from assorted pieces - not making it unusable, just potentially an eyesore.

The third is a newer set, likewise fairly decent quality, but it is made by an artisan of the Yasuki family, and sports their mon on the tea pot.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri thought for a moment, and nodded. "I can see how you'd make the connection, and it's not a bad one. But, how would you represent it? We have to... or at least, I presume we have to... bring back something tangible. The only thing I can think of, is you returning with a bloodied sword, and I'm not sure how keen the Daidoji would be on that."

When he would offer up the dango, she would shrug, and respond with, "Sure, give one here." Though when you do offer her one, Ruri's hand would hesitate an inch or so away when she went to take it, before actually doing so.

Before you know it though, you would arrive at a suitable tea shop! Since the only action I can see you doing is 'walking', you walk as unthreatenly as possible. Your walk is many things, but it is no Weapon of Choice, you've seen to that!

Minus 1 free raise, and arrived at a tea shop!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The tea is generic green tea, nothing added. Ultimately kind of boring (especially as far as Crane standards go), but it may be a usual for you? But probably not.

It appears Kiyo didn't even realize you made a poem, responding plainly. "Oh, no reason in particular," she would say. "This event just isn't turning out like I was expecting it to, is all."

She would take her cup of tea, rocking it in her hands slightly, before taking a quiet sip. "At least they got the tea right," she would say, smiling. "Just like the tea we make back at home. I'll have to bring my sister here after today. Did you catch the name of the establishment on your way in?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games