Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:46 pm
Razorclaw's Den

User Image

Initiative order

Gloom: HP 17/41 Bloodied, Prone +1 Defenses
Razorclaw Bloodied,317 damage, Marked, -4 to attack, Slowed
Kuori: HP 19/38, 4DR Bloodied +2 defenses
Hakka: HP 30/42
Thava: HP 19/43 Bloodied,
Razorclaw Bloodied, 317 damage, Marked, -4 to attack, Slowed
Revenge: HP 25/47

Hakka's shuriken strikes one of Razorclaw's many legs, disabling it. Thava stand up from prone and sends a surge of powerful emotion at Gloom, revitalizing him(Surge +4 HP). Thava then charges the beast with her greatsword, giving him a great gash on side (12 damage).

Razorclaw seems to be nearing the end of his strength. With great effort he lashes out at all those around him with his bloody claws, but the only one he manages to catch is Gloom (12 damage).

Rain Yupa
You're up.

I Drink Blue Moon
You my post as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:19 pm
25/47 hp, Razorclaw Marked

MOVE ACTION

Kuori was in a bad spot, in more ways than one. She kept a Razorclaw between her and his healing touch. Gloom was doing poorly too, but he decided to remain within reach. It was the best the paladin could do.

Quote:
Shift 1 west to R25

MINOR ACTION

He would place his left hand on Gloom's shoulder, infusing him once more with life energy.

Quote:
Lay on Hands, last use. Revenge spends a healing surge and heals Gloom for 14 hit points.

STANDARD ACTION

Then once more, Revenge would try to keep the creature's wild thrashing down, hoping to drain its will to fight with each blow!

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike. 32 vs AC, 18 damage, and the Razorclaw takes -2 to its attack rolls until my next turn.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 pm
Razorclaw's Den

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Initiative order

Gloom: HP 31/41 Prone +1 Defenses
Razorclaw Bloodied, 335 damage, Marked, -4 to attack, Slowed
Kuori: HP 19/38, 4DR Bloodied +2 defenses
Razorclaw Bloodied, 335 damage, Marked, -4 to attack, Slowed
Revenge: HP 25/47

The righteous Paladin once again heals his shadowy companion before piercing his mighty halberd deep into Razorclaws side. The creature does not look like it has much fight left in him at all.

(Map to be updated later.)

I Drink Blue Moon
You're up.

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 am
Gloom nodded to the paladin as his vigor was restored. He shifted back one square (cant see most recent map)
And lashed out at the beast again, hoping his aim was true.
18 vs Reflex for 13dmg And I shove it towards Kuori, and it gets a -2 to attack until my next turn.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 2 Total: 16 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 am
(I know thats its not my turn, but I am posting now because I am getting surgery in 4 hours and probably wont be up for much.)

Kuori fires 2 arrows, the second flies astray, but the first hit the beast square in the back of the head.

24vs ac for 19 dmg (WOOT MAX DMG FOR LAST BLOW!)
14 vs ac miss  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 pm
Final Results

Gloom: HP 31/41
Razorclaw DEAD
Kuori: HP 19/38 Bloodied
Revenge: HP 20/47Bloodied

(Gloom was knocked prone so he couldn't shift back, but that matters little because...)

The beleaguered Razorclaw dodges the Hexblade's horrific-looking mace, but just barely. He sluggishly lashes out one last time at all those around him but only manages to hit the paladin (5 damage).

Kuori's ancestors must have guided her aim, for as she lets the arrow loose it whistles through the air before sinking deeply into the side of the monster's head.

As arrow lodges itself deeply into Razorclaw's brain, he lets out a horrific cry. He writhes in pain, flipping onto his back and flailing about with his countless clawed appendages. His at first erratic movements become slower and slower until Razorclaw stirs no more. A low hiss escapes his toothy mouth and is then forever silent. The creature is dead.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:21 pm
Kuori drops to her knees, panting as the adrenaline fades from her. "Re-Revenge, I take ... back ... everything bad I ever said about you." She looked around to see if any of her arrows were retrievable, she was running pretty low, and about half of her supply was embedded in the beast or on the ground.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 pm
Kuori finds she can retrieve most of her arrows, with the exception of the one in Razorclaw's skull. That one is too deeply embedded to get out.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:20 pm
Revenge would hold steady for a few moments, breathing hard, staring at the beast until he was confident it was dead.

Though his guard was not lowered, he turned to face Hakka, rather than addressing Kuori. "Who in the hells are you?! Where did you come from??" He still gripped his halberd, though he did have enough respect to not aim the pointy bit at her... yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 pm
Given the paladins rather ragged condition after the long fight, Hakka didn't perceive him as a threat at all. She tucked her weapons away and did a little victory twirl in place. "I'm Hakka!" she exclaimed, facing the man and making a victory sign. "I was hired to take this big guy down like you guys were." She practically pranced over to the beasts' corpse, poofing into a somewhat more feral form wherein she took on a combination of both her fox traits and her human ones. Then, grabbing one of the limbs, the girl tore into it, hungry for the raw meat.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 pm
Upon severing a leg from Razorclaw, Hakka would find his chitinous exoskeleton is a little tough to simply bite into. However, she can wedge some of the meat out from where the leg was broken off. The meat is slimy and not very solid. Its texture and taste are that of raw shellfish. Overall, it is not very pleasant to eat. Someone possessing a human stomach would probably want to cook it before attempting consumption.

((Anyone ever eat crab sashimi? Or bitten into an undercooked lobster or shrimp? Its sort of like that. xp Though crab sashimi wasn't too bad, it's much better cooked))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Revenge didn't stand down, keeping his eyes focused on the girl, despite her antics, taking note of her less than human form.

"Are you a druid? Do you work for Poa?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:27 am
Kuori stood and began gathering her arrows from the grond. "It doesn't matter. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. She helped kill the thing, which makes her okay people in my book."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:04 am
Hakka ended up having to tip the end of the leg and let the goopy meat drool down into her waiting mouth. It wasn't great raw, but it wasn't the worst thing she'd eaten...kind of slimy like an oyster. She giggled a bit at the paladin's assumption. "Oh yeah, druid...sure, I'm a druid," she said, clearly mocking him and not trying to be convincing at all. As the big lady spoke, the fox girl pointed the beast's leg at her and said, "Yes, smart woman. The rest of you should take her...hey wait a minute. You're the one that was shooting at me..." Hakka gave the large woman a glare then that lacked any sort of malice. in fact, it was sort of...playful.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 am
Gloom strolled over to her. "So, you're either the fox, or Razorclaw if the giantess shot you. You seem pretty foxy to me, but we might have to check you for extra appendages just the same."
Gloom then headed towards the exit and said, "lets start putting together something to drag Big Ugly back to town. Maybe grab that bull skull on the way back."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games